Author Topic: Patayin Mo sa Sindak si Barbara/Celso Ad Castillo  (Read 61122 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Patayin Mo sa Sindak si Barbara/Celso Ad Castillo
« Reply #60 on: Aug 29, 2005 at 02:57 PM »
they shot most of the movie in Antipolo. talking about this movie makes me want to see this film again...

Jojo are you familiar with the Lopez Mansion in Antipolo also? This is the house where Ramje shot HAUNTED HOUSE, the movie was release 1985. Its a big white mansion house with century old clock on the stairways when you go inside.

Is this the same house of PATAYIN?
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2005 at 03:38 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 06:14 PM »
No it's not the same house... the one in Patayin is the same house they used in Cain At Abel.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Sep 10, 2005 at 02:25 PM »
No it's not the same house... the one in Patayin is the same house they used in Cain At Abel.

Oh, thanks for the info Jo. Its more old pala like in Cain at Abel, the Lopez mansion is slightly modern but big and also creepy.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2005 at 02:42 PM by keating »

Offline totoybato

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 07:33 AM »
"Cain at Abel" is being released on DVD by Unitel's other arm, as well as "Karnal". That's two from Cine Suerte. I hope they get on Susan Roces' good side to greenlit the opening of the gates of FPJ Studios' archives. Releasing the FPJ movies is a given, but to release "Patayin..." would be a breakthrough. Celso Ad was once a house director for FPJ Studios. Get all the ones he helmed under the FPJ banner and release it now.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 08:38 AM »
Another great classic to watch is Castillo's ASEDILLO.

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 09:57 AM »
Oh, thanks for the info Jo. Its more old pala like in Cain at Abel, the Lopez mansion is slightly modern but big and also creepy.

The house used in Cain at Abel, which has been used also in countless other films and tv shows belongs to Linggoy Alcuaz and can be found in Balate Drive New Manila.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #66 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 12:26 PM »
Another great classic to watch is Castillo's ASEDILLO.

I'll second that--Asedillo was the film that formed FPJ's 'defender of the poor' persona, and is a fine action film to boot.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 10:17 PM »
The house used in Cain at Abel, which has been used also in countless other films and tv shows belongs to Linggoy Alcuaz and can be found in Balate Drive New Manila.

Its not in Antipolo, RMN? There were many stories about the white lady in Balete Drive, QC. During the old days, the late Nida Blanca used to haunt that place as  the white lady.

Offline totoybato

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 01, 2005 at 02:07 AM »
The "URIAN Anthology 1970-1979" credits the story and screenplay to Mike Relon Makiling. The movie was released 08/16/1974. Hindi precise ang libro, dahil may mga maling release dates. Pero hindi ko rin mabasa sa layout ng movie, na nasa website ni Celso. Wala akong makitang ibang batayan. Sana may mag-utos na pumunta sa National Library o kaya sa UP, para malaman kung sino ang  lumikha at sumulat ng pelikula, para malaman ko kung sinong tumatakot pa rin sa akin hanggang ngayon.

Sa remake, kay Ricky Lee ang screenplay. Kanino credited ang story? Credited din ba si Susan Roces o ang Rosas/FPJ Productions? Sa original na "Meet the Parents(1992)", si Emo Phillips ang Executive Producer. Sa remake(the one with Ben Stiller), credited siya as Associate Producer, at credited ang original screenwriters under "Story By".

Sa ending ng original, hindi ba nasa balcony si Susan overlooking a lake, tapos nasa isang lanstsa si Dante Rivero(in neck brace)? Sa ibang lugar kinunan ang exteriors?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 02, 2005 at 01:34 PM »
Totoybato according to Jojo, it was written by Celso Ad Castillo & Celso Carunungan. The latter was a crime novelist. The story I think came from a newspaper article during the 70's. When you mentioned the film, makes me more eager to watch it especially that Halloween is just around the corner.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2005 at 01:37 PM by keating »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 05:29 PM »
Texted Teddy Co a while ago regarding this film. The copy of FPJ prods is still pristine, Cinema One programmer Ronald Arguelles might show the film this month on Cinema One, they are trying to get the film rights from Ms. Susan Roces!

Jojo if you are reading this, there's hope! Teddy will contact also Chito Rono since PATAYIN is one of his favorite films, he might have copy.

Sir Teddy.......may your tribe increase!
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2005 at 05:39 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 05:49 PM »
this is awesome news! finally everyone will get to see this movie again...if only they could also show Maligno back to back. with Patayin  ;)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 05:52 PM »
Let's hope, Jojo. Nakukulitan na sa kin si Teddy hehehe. I'll be forever grateful to him if we can see it finally.......turn the lights off, and start to scream!

Its good for the coming halloween.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 06:00 PM »
that'll be great! it's about time they unearth these classics and show them to the public on cinema one at least... altrhough it makes me cringe when the copies they show are all the censored versions. but like i always say it's better than not showing these movies at all.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #74 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 07:31 PM »
We did the sound for Chito's Version....some of them(dialogue) were prod or shooting sound.....and as far as i can rem...bukas lahat ng pinto sa studio while editing it...nagkakatakutan kasi nun :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 07:52 PM »
In technical aspects, the remake was excellent edboy. But in terms of shock & scary value, the orig PATAYIN delivers.

Its interesting though in the Rono version that Angie Ferro reprised her role as the clairvoyant. Will Star Cinema release the remake on dvd?

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 08:02 PM »
In technical aspects, the remake was excellent edboy. But in terms of shock & scary value, the orig PATAYIN delivers.

Its interesting though in the Rono version that Angie Ferro reprised her role as the clairvoyant. Will Star Cinema release the remake on dvd?
didnt see the orig version :-\  no news about its  dvd release Keating :)
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2005 at 08:03 PM by edboy7 »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 08:06 PM »
The sound rocks when I watched the Rono version at Megamall during the 90's. You must see the orig version, edboy. Just a few snipettes makes my spine chilling.

Offline edboy7

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 08:10 PM »
thanks bro,might catch it on cinema 1 siguro ;)

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 09:16 PM »
Texted Teddy Co a while ago regarding this film. The copy of FPJ prods is still pristine,

Ows, really? The print I saw was pretty bad. That's very good news.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 06:02 PM »
Let's hope that politics will not interfere since Cinema One is cable company of Abs-Cbn. Ms. Roces had grudges before on Abs-Cbn.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2005 at 06:03 PM by keating »

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 11:41 PM »
Don't really care if it shows on Cinema One or not (advice: it's not scary on TV); what matters to me is that there's still a good print.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 12:43 PM »
Yeah, man. The small screen will lessen the scary impact of the movie. SOFIA should save the master print asap before it deteriorates again.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Oct 07, 2005 at 08:27 PM »
Update for PATAYIN on Cinema One: Ms. Roces went to the premiere of the Panday series, so the possibility of Cinema One getting the film rights is 60% already! Still under negotiation. Watch out, peeps!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 20, 2005 at 07:45 PM »
Talked to Teddy Co a while ago and its definite that we will not see this month this cult classic! Negotiations are still going through.

Wait for next year.

Offline totoybato

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 06:50 AM »
Pakisabihan na lang si Nick Deocampo na ipalabas sana nila ito sa susunod na Pelikula at Lipunan, kasama ang iba pang mga nagawa ni Susan Roces.  Katulad ng:Florinda, Maligno, ang una at pangalawang Maruja, Dalawa Ang Nagdalantao Sa Akin, at ang Mahal, Saan Ka Nanggaling Kagabi series. Nasa bakuran ng FPJ Studios lahat ng ito-ibig sabihin kung walang magandang print, naroon ang Master Negatives.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 05:49 PM »
What's the second MARUJA? Lino Brocka only did one.....GUMISING KA MARUJA. And this is also on my wish lists. With MARUJA on Ms. Roces filmography, that makes her a certified cult icon along with PATAYIN.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2005 at 09:01 PM by keating »

Offline totoybato

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 05:17 AM »
Komiks ni Mars Ravelo, ginawa ang MARUJA ng Lea Productions noong 1967, kasama ni Roces sina Romeo Vasquez at Eddie Garcia, directed by Armando Garces(di ko alam kung kanino ang script). Parang "Dead Again" ang tema.

Bilang birthday gift ni Da King kay Inday noong 1978, pinagawa kay Brocka ang Gumising Ka...Maruja under FPJ Productions. Mula sa screenplay ni Tony Reyes, kasama rin dito sina Mario O'Hara at Philip Salvador. Hindi ito remake, parang revisiting. Gumamit sa flashback scenes dito ng mga galing sa first movie.

Itong dalawa lang ang dapat mapanood, wag nang pansinin ang kay Carmina.

Offline totoybato

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 05:33 AM »
no, Maligno wasn't a sequel... Susan Roces only re-hired the same team who created Patayin she even got Dante Rivero to play opossite her in this film. it's not quite as scary but Susan delivered an impressive performance in Maligno that's probably why she took home the FAMAS Best Actress Award in 1978 besting Nora Aunor in Atsay & Vilma Santos in Rubia Servios.

Mali ho yata ang timeline. Susan's Maligno win was against Vi's Burlesk Queen and problably Guy's Bakya Mo, Neneng. The Gumising Ka...Maruja thophy was the one against Nora's Atsay, and I believe it was Vilma's Pagputi ng Uwak not Rubia.

Lolita Rodriguez won the Famas for Tinimbang besting Susan's Patayin performance;Rosanna Ortiz was Asia's Best Supporting Actress for Patayin, did she win the Famas or anything locally?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 05:13 PM »
I didn't know that Rosanna Ortiz was recognized in Asia for her work in PATAYIN. GUMISING was a sequel to the first MARUJA?

Thanks for the info, totoybato.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2005 at 05:29 PM by keating »