Author Topic: Receiver / Karaoke amp combi...  (Read 847 times)

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Receiver / Karaoke amp combi...
« on: Jul 18, 2005 at 09:35 AM »
Ive been using my 120 w x 6 receiver for karaoke purposes. The audio is excellent and powerful but if the singer does not know mic control, the receiver clips. I learned here somehow, that most HT receivers may not withstand loud voice signals so it clips to protect itself but frequent clipping may later cause other problems. Having this in mind and of course the cost of the receiver, I purchased a CHEAP 2nd hand 250 / channel konzert karaoke amp to help do the job.

My DVD karaoke is still connected with the receiver but another line goes to the Konzert amp. This amp has its own mic inputs. So instead of using the mic inputs of my DVD karaoke that goes to the HT receiver, I am now using the mic inputs of the Konzert Karaoke amp which itself has a pair of 200 watts old floorstanders.

The receiver is now so relaxed kahit itudo ang volume nya, because the voice is now handled by the Konzert amp, so no more problem, kahit gaano kalakas ang boses nakakahinga na ako ng maluwag. Just sharing  ;D 

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline rmm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Receiver / Karaoke amp combi...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 04:37 PM »
Hi Jerix,

your set-up is good but if your DVD karaoke player has scoring function then this will not work ( the score
will be "00" ) since the mic is bypassed.  Thanks for sharing...

regards. RMM

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Receiver / Karaoke amp combi...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 07:42 AM »
RMM, yeah that's correct- its the voice that triggers the scoring so no score will appear-- i prefer anyway the barking of the dogs whenever i sing --  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II