Author Topic: Any comments on LG 42PX4RV Plasma TV?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline phildg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Any comments on LG 42PX4RV Plasma TV?
« on: Jul 19, 2005 at 02:27 PM »
It's supposed to be the newest EDTV that LG has. 10000:1 contrast, P199,000 12 mos. 0% interest.

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
Re: Any comments on LG 42PX4RV Plasma TV?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 01:58 AM »
well, was looking at plasmas earlier at avant, compared the following:

LG 42PX4RV  200k
HITACHI 42PD7800TA 300k (cheaper with matzter (sp?))
PANASONIC TH 42PA30M 220k

The Hitachi had very saturated/rich colours (for lack of a better term), the HK DVD22 attached produced jaggies all over (source was a dts test dvd that was burned).  The same DVD was played on the LG with an LG LH W5100, was flicker free but the colours were sort of muted.  Good blacks though.  Tried several DLPs but they weren't so good compared to the plasmas (i think i need to take viewing distance into account, as it seems DLP RPTVs are more sensitive.  Tried the Panasonic lastly and i'd have to say it was a balance between the two earlier plasmas: good blacks, good balanced colour, little to no flickering.

used the kill bill vol 1 tea house scene (uma vs cutey japanese) and i robot lotsa robot scene.  focused testing on black levels, colours, then fast motion, as well as shimmering effects.  all connections used component cables. testing was conducted in avant.

ranking subjectively (nothing pro here, please. this is my first attempt at auditioning flat panels, or any display device for that matter), i ranked panny first, followed by hitachi (assuming the jaggies are due to improperly set up dvd player) and lastly lg.  considering costs though i'd say i'd consider panny, then lg, then hitachi.

hope this helps some, been a pain looking for info, particularly on local models. any suggestions on where to look for more panny models (i heard listening in style group has lots) as well as toshibas would  be much appreciated.

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 05:00 PM »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 12:02 AM »
I saw this unit at Avant this afternoon but I became hesitant because of the black. On night or dark scenes, I find the video with black spots or scattered black. I dont know the correct term for this but I got turned off. They are giving it to me for 18 months same with the dlp. Im still researching what to get. hay hirap pala. I was just planning to get an RPTV but with the 0 interest even the Plasma or the DLP are within reach.