Author Topic: Garbo: The Signature Collection  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Artemis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • "but perhaps, to love someone you can't have...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Garbo: The Signature Collection
« on: Jul 22, 2005 at 10:23 PM »
I might be the only one interested in this... but i've been looking for these Garbo films in like ages and this is a dream come true for all garbo fans like me.  :)  i consider this a treasure... a museum piece even... hehe...
read on....

FROM DVDtimes.co.uk:

Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Garbo: The Signature Collection for 6th September 2005. Released in celebration of the luminous and mysterious star’s 100th birthday on September 18, the ten film, ten disc Collection includes seven Garbo classics – six of which are brand new to DVD including Mata Hari, Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina, the four-time Academy Award®-nominated Ninotchka, Queen Christina, Anna Christie and Camille, as well as the previously released Academy Award Best Picture winner Grand Hotel. The Collection also includes the deluxe two-disc TCM Archives: Garbo Silents with three of the star’s greatest silent films – Flesh and the Devil, The Temptress and The Mysterious Lady. In addition, the brand new insightful bonus feature-length documentary from acclaimed filmmaker Kevin Brownlow and Turner Classic Movies, Garbo, featuring interviews with Garbo’s friends and colleagues, is available exclusively with the gift set.

Garbo: The Signature Collection will sell for $99.92 SRP and the two-disc TCM Archives: Garbo Silents will be available as a separate set for $39.92 SRP. Each Garbo: The Signature Collection title will also be available individually for $19.97 SRP.

About the Signature Collection

TCM Archives: Garbo Silents

This TCM Archives two-disc collection focuses on Garbo’s earliest years in Hollywood. In The Temptress (1926) Garbo establishes her magnetic screen persona as a vamp who destroys the lives of men who cannot resist
her charms. In Flesh and the Devil (1927), she is an irresistible vixen who comes between lifelong friends John Gilbert and Lars Hanson, and in The Mysterious Lady (1928), she’s a Russian spy who seduces her victims. Each film greatly contributed in building the Garbo legend that still fascinates audiences almost 80 years later.

DVD Special Features include:

• Settling the Score Goes Behind the Scenes of the TCM Young Film Composers Competition and the Scoring of Notable Silent Movies, Including These Garbo Classics
  • Commentary on Flesh and the Devil by Garbo Author Barry Paris
  • Commentary on The Temptress by Greta Garbo: A Cinematic Legacy Author Mark A. Vieira
  • Commentary on Mysterious Lady by Film Historians Tony Maietta and Jeffrey Vance
  • The Divine Woman: Surviving 9-Minute Excerpt of This Lost 1928 Silent Film
  • Alternate Ending on The Temptress
  • Photo Montages on Garbo’s Silent Years at MGM
  • Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

IMAGE from DVDtimes.co.uk

Full details & more images:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=57115   ;)

on a side note... i'm accepting pre-orders for this title. just pm me.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2005 at 10:31 PM by Artemis »
is a wound only death can heal..."   - Orpheus

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
Re: Garbo: The Signature Collection
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2005 at 01:46 AM »

you can pre-order it now at amazon.
Garbo - The Signature Collection (Anna Christie / Mata Hari / Grand Hotel / Queen Christina / Anna Karenina / Camille / Ninotchka / Garbo Silents)

$69.94
September 6, 2005

Anna Christie (1930)

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Mata Hari (1931)

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Grand Hotel

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Grand Hotel (1932) - snap case

$19.23
Available now

Anna Karenina

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Queen Christina

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Camille (1937)

$14.98
September 6, 2005

Ninotchka (1939)

$14.98
September 6, 2005

TCM Archives - The Garbo Silents: The Temptress / Flesh and the Devil / The Mysterious Lady (1926)

$29.94
September 6, 2005

Very good collection.  Buy the box set.  It will save you $64.86. :)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2005 at 01:51 AM »
Wow that's a nice boxset Artemis :) All Garbo fans should not miss the Signature Collection.  ;)

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 01:34 AM »
di ka nag-iisa artremis. im a huge garbo fan too (i also like bette davis and meryl streep). magkano kaya ito in pesos? hmmm....
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)