Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568586 times)

Offline gearhead000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #3420 on: Oct 23, 2009 at 01:54 PM »
maybe late of a reply but will share anyway. Im have a full set 5.1 9 series. Before im using my 9.5 as fronts with ONKYO 606 but when i got the NAD 325BEE i used 9.1 as fronts fro the ONKYO and the 9.5 for the NAD. Im not an audio expert but Im enjoying the NAD /9.5 combi gustong gusto ko yung vocals and yung low swabeng swabe para sa akin

+5.   ;D  (especially if you can tweak the crossover capacitors and resistor. see above).  ;)
Pana PT-AE900u/HK AVR645/Oppo DV981HD/WD TV HD/Wharfe 9.5/9.CS

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3421 on: Oct 24, 2009 at 09:41 PM »
salamat po gearhead. sir rene and john e have been giving a lot of pointers. kanina ang dami tips ni joihn e kaya lang medyo takot ako mag tweaks na may involved na bukas baklas. i normally sell din kase yung mga gamit pag may extra money na although i try ko yung advise ni john e na palitan yung jumper cables. salamat [po ulit.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3422 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 02:30 PM »
Opinion ko lang about the 9 series after owning them for sometime:

I have 3 pairs of 9.3s, 1 pair of 9.4, and 1 9.cm for my home theat, and 1 pair of 9.6 for my room hifi system. I think the entire lineup is an awesome value.

I like the 9.6 the most in this bunch. They don't image very well, but they produce a smooth and pleasing sound. As long as they're far from walls, they don't sound boomy. They're very happy running full range, but also integrate well with a separate sub if preferred (cross them low to get the most directional effect). This set injects obvious coloration and don't reveal much sonic detail, but is inoffensive and works great for background music or extended listening. I'm not sure if they really qualify as high fidelity, but they are very pleasant partners.

The 9.3 is ok for HT and for common music genres, but they benefit much from a sub taking over the last octave. Without a sub, they still play a wider range than most other bookshelves (and even some towers) but they do sound clearer with the woofer not doing the extreme lows - especially at higher volumes. I think they represent excellent value, as they sound quite big yet cost quite little. I like the fact that they roll-off smoothly in the lower registers, versus other bookshelves that put an obvious bump in the midbass to compensate for the lack of extreme lows. The 9.1 sings lovelier in the upper registers versus the 9.3, but they seem to inject that bump in the lows - plus I prefer crossing speakers lower.

The 9.4 is a nice looking compact tower set, but they really sound more like bookshelves on stands. There's nothing drastically wrong with them, as long as you look at them as bigger bookshelves. I do like them over the 9.5, which I also considered to get. I'm not sure if it was just room acoustics, but the 9.5 seemed to put emphasis on the 50-100Hz region. That made it sound undefined for me, but I'm sure many people would appreciate the punch. Ironically, the 9.5 sounds bassier than the 9.6 despite the size difference; the 9.6 is just able to play lower.

The 9.cm does center channel duty quite well, but sounds a little confused. It's big but it rolls off early. Despite the size, it prefers being crossed higher (80Hz or so). I like the dome mid (which seems to be the same unit in the 9.6), but the voices don't sound as "full" as they do in the 9.6 (or even the 9.3). I had to EQ the center channel a bit to get the chest and vocal texture that I wanted. I wish they made a bigger enclosure for the 6.5in drivers to get that out of the way (maybe they can concote 8" ones with a big box in the future).

The 10 series looks promising, but I hope they didn't drop the 8" woofers. The Opus series is still too costly hehehe.

Offline gob

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock n roll
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3423 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:18 PM »
I also owned a diamond 9.1 match with dared mp5.  For me it sounds great specially for vocals & jazz music.  Just wondering if the diamond 9.5 & 9.6 take most low watts amp???
:D

Offline gearhead000

• Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #3424 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:14 PM »

xxxx, but the 9.5 seemed to put emphasis on the 50-100Hz region. That made it sound undefined for me, but I'm sure many people would appreciate the punch. Ironically, the 9.5 sounds bassier than the 9.6 despite the size difference; the 9.6 is just able to play lower.

i agree with most u said from the rest of the quote, but i agree most on the above. as i've said, the 9.6 bass is probably more musical, the 9.5 has more slam.
Pana PT-AE900u/HK AVR645/Oppo DV981HD/WD TV HD/Wharfe 9.5/9.CS

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3425 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 02:00 AM »
I also owned a diamond 9.1 match with dared mp5.  For me it sounds great specially for vocals & jazz music.  Just wondering if the diamond 9.5 & 9.6 take most low watts amp???

The 9.6 does not reveal much at lower volumes, so it's not suited for low power amps imho. The 9.3 might be as big as I'd go with an MP5.

Offline GioSpike

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3426 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 10:29 PM »
I need a wall mount bracket for a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1.  6cm yung gap between the centerc of the mounting holes.

I already called SnS, Theaterworks and Listening Room, wala daw sila.

Do you know where I could purchase this?

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3427 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3428 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 11:31 PM »
I need a wall mount bracket for a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1.  6cm yung gap between the centerc of the mounting holes.

I already called SnS, Theaterworks and Listening Room, wala daw sila.

Do you know where I could purchase this?

go to ace hardware perfectview has hangers that may match this. ace hardwares are usually inside sm malls
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline jheyzon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3429 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 08:57 AM »
maganda kayang match ang 9.1/9.5 sa denon 1610?

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #3430 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM »
Does wharfdale has service center here in manila? please let me know. thanks  ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline insomniac0623

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #3431 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 10:48 PM »
mga chief, question po.  i have a 9.1 hooked up on an onkyo307.  i'm thinking of getting a 9cm and 9.6, ok po ba ang ganitong setup? also thought of getting the 10.5, 10cm pero i read somewhere na better kung same series? thanks in advance for the inputs!
==============

==============

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3432 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 04:35 AM »
mga chief, question po.  i have a 9.1 hooked up on an onkyo307.  i'm thinking of getting a 9cm and 9.6, ok po ba ang ganitong setup? also thought of getting the 10.5, 10cm pero i read somewhere na better kung same series? thanks in advance for the inputs!

Gawin mo na lang rear yung 9.1 bro. You can cross the 9.6 lower if you want to, pero the 9.cm doesn't play very low so manipis ang tunog if you cross it low (unless you plan to EQ).

@Hebrew
Zamony Venture ata distro ng Wharfedale dito. Try calling 852-6706 or 852-0033.

Offline insomniac0623

• Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #3433 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 09:30 AM »
Gawin mo na lang rear yung 9.1 bro. You can cross the 9.6 lower if you want to, pero the 9.cm doesn't play very low so manipis ang tunog if you cross it low (unless you plan to EQ).

thanks stagea! sorry pero sobrang newbie ko talaga, what does it mean when you say cross it lower?
==============

==============

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3434 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM »
Would suggest you concern yourself with front and center match.  Then work from there. Are you getting the 9.6 and CM as upgrades? to complete your system?  what current surround speakers do you use? 
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #3435 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 10:35 AM »
@Hebrew
Zamony Venture ata distro ng Wharfedale dito. Try calling 852-6706 or 852-0033.

thanks sir!  :)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline insomniac0623

• Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #3436 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 02:34 PM »
Would suggest you concern yourself with front and center match.  Then work from there. Are you getting the 9.6 and CM as upgrades? to complete your system?  what current surround speakers do you use? 

i was planning to gte the 9.6 and 9cm to complete my system.  for now i only have a 9.1
==============

==============

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3437 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 04:59 PM »
i was planning to gte the 9.6 and 9cm to complete my system.  for now i only have a 9.1
I have the 9.6 as fronts, 9.1's as rears and a 9cm as a center, matched with a Denon.  One very satisfied customer here.  If you live in the Quezon City area, let me know so you can audition before you purchase if you like ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline insomniac0623

• Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #3438 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 08:16 PM »
I have the 9.6 as fronts, 9.1's as rears and a 9cm as a center, matched with a Denon.  One very satisfied customer here.  If you live in the Quezon City area, let me know so you can audition before you purchase if you like ;D

noted! pm kita sir pag mapadpad ako ng QC. thanks!
==============

==============

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3439 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 02:05 AM »
thanks stagea! sorry pero sobrang newbie ko talaga, what does it mean when you say cross it lower?

Sa bass management yan ng receiver mo, diyan mo i-set kung san frequency yung crossover between yung speaker and the sub. You'd probably be using 80Hz-ish for the 9.1 and the 9.cm to maintain a smooth transition, whilst the 9.6 can work very well with 50Hz-ish (if your receiver supports it). Experiment na rin to let your ears be the judge.

I use 2 9.3 pairs for surrounds, 9.6 pair for fronts, and 9.cm for center.

Offline insomniac0623

• Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #3440 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
Sa bass management yan ng receiver mo, diyan mo i-set kung san frequency yung crossover between yung speaker and the sub. You'd probably be using 80Hz-ish for the 9.1 and the 9.cm to maintain a smooth transition, whilst the 9.6 can work very well with 50Hz-ish (if your receiver supports it). Experiment na rin to let your ears be the judge.
I use 2 9.3 pairs for surrounds, 9.6 pair for fronts, and 9.cm for center.

ah i see now. thanks for the inputs sir! much appreciated. :)
==============

==============

Offline volrathj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3441 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM »
Hi Guys I bought the Wharfedale diamond 9.5 and kapag nagplay ako ng movie or music with deep bass the left speaker's bass rattles, while the other right speaker doesn't. The bass level of the 9.5's are set to +4 and Im using onkyo txsr607. Pero sa tingin ko there is something wrong with the left speaker kasi kung wala dapat pati yung right speaker may rattling sound din and hindi pa naman nakatodo yung volume ng receiver which is 48 palang. So what I did is call the vendor and they said that they will replace the speakers since ilang days palang nagagamit e nasira na or its factory defective.

Offline pogzz505

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3442 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 09:12 AM »
factory defect yan..yung 9.1 ko may defect din pinalitan agad sa Sights & Sounds
Yamaha 663, Wharfe 9.1, 9cs, 9sr, Velodyne, Egreat m31b, Ps3

Offline volrathj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3443 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 03:36 PM »
Talaga ako sa Listening style bumili buti, papalitan nia

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #3444 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 05:27 PM »
Hi Guys I bought the Wharfedale diamond 9.5 and kapag nagplay ako ng movie or music with deep bass the left speaker's bass rattles, while the other right speaker doesn't. The bass level of the 9.5's are set to +4 and Im using onkyo txsr607. Pero sa tingin ko there is something wrong with the left speaker kasi kung wala dapat pati yung right speaker may rattling sound din and hindi pa naman nakatodo yung volume ng receiver which is 48 palang. So what I did is call the vendor and they said that they will replace the speakers since ilang days palang nagagamit e nasira na or its factory defective.

nasubukan mo bang pagpalitin ang speakers?

Offline volrathj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3445 on: Dec 28, 2009 at 06:40 PM »
Hindi ko pa natry pagpalitin yung speakers thanks.

Offline mykel18

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3446 on: Dec 30, 2009 at 07:23 AM »
did u bring both of ur speakers for replacement or just the one with the rattling sound. been experiencing this also with my 9.3, bought late november or early december. what do you think should i do?
HT: JBL | A&D | Denon | LG
Audio: Naim | DeVore Fidelity | Roksan | Dynavector

Offline volrathj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3447 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 09:26 PM »
No I did not bring it, the supplier will come to our house and replace it. Kung in warranty pa yan try mo contacting yung supplier baka palitan pa nila.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3448 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 03:18 AM »
Actually ako naman may na-experience na 9.6 na tumatagas sa labi yung hangin. Ramdam mo at higher volumes na humihinga yung kahon. Hindi properly seated sa enclosure yung plate ng dome mid at tweet. Inayos ko na lang.

Offline dj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • "be better, be happy"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3449 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 05:59 PM »

in my experience magaling after sales service ng wharf dito sa atin! cheers to all wharf owners ;)
panasonic 50c10
harman/kardon avr 335
wharfedale diamond 9s
dtx
samsung
pensonic
measy e8hd