Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568149 times)

Offline volrathj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #3450 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 10:14 PM »
Hello mga sir patulong po. Anong maganda frequency para iset sa mga speakers ko. I'm using onkyo txsr 607, wharfedale diamond 9.5 as fronts, 9cs as center and 9.1 as surround? Thanks

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3451 on: Feb 23, 2010 at 08:13 PM »
Newbie question po. If I have an existing Kenwood KRF V6070D and planning to purchase wharfes 9.1 and 9cs will the speakers function properly and be driven by my amp with no problems. ( I still have no funds for amp upgrade since I am just starting   hehe)

using my newbie mind it seems everything will be ok since the reciever is 6.1 at 100W per channel and the speakers are 100w also. but reading through this thread it seems the wharfes need a stronger amp to fully drive the said speakers and that worries me.

Lastly, will be replacing the 9.1 eventually with 9.5s and use the existing 9.1 as rears in the near future. With this new set up will the amp stil be sufficient enough to drive all of these.

As always your help are always appreciated sirs. Thanks in advance.

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #3452 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 03:37 AM »
Hello mga sir patulong po. Anong maganda frequency para iset sa mga speakers ko. I'm using onkyo txsr 607, wharfedale diamond 9.5 as fronts, 9cs as center and 9.1 as surround? Thanks

this may help sir.

the onkyo tx-sr607 already has the audseyy room correction feature.

"The Onkyo TX-SR607's Audyssey 2EQ automatic speaker calibration system uses a microphone to analyze the speakers' and subwoofer's sound from three listening positions in your room. The Audyssey 2EQ checks the wiring polarity for each speaker, adjusts each channel's volume level and time delay setting, determines the speaker "sizes," and subwoofer crossover settings. The Audyssey 2EQ also provides equalization corrections to the speakers."

http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/onkyo-tx-sr607-black/4505-6466_7-33553470.html
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #3453 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 03:58 AM »
Newbie question po. If I have an existing Kenwood KRF V6070D and planning to purchase wharfes 9.1 and 9cs will the speakers function properly and be driven by my amp with no problems. ( I still have no funds for amp upgrade since I am just starting   hehe)

using my newbie mind it seems everything will be ok since the reciever is 6.1 at 100W per channel and the speakers are 100w also. but reading through this thread it seems the wharfes need a stronger amp to fully drive the said speakers and that worries me.

Lastly, will be replacing the 9.1 eventually with 9.5s and use the existing 9.1 as rears in the near future. With this new set up will the amp stil be sufficient enough to drive all of these.

As always your help are always appreciated sirs. Thanks in advance.

i was trying to look for specs on the net on the said amp but can't seem to find enough information on it.

however, some of the lower onkyo and denon receivers are only rated 75wpc but can drive the 9.1 decently. if it really is 100wpc then it can properly power your wharfes.

imho, speakers with lower sensitivity may always need a more powerful amp to drive them properly and for them to sound good.

i honestly don't think that your existing amp can drive the 9.5, 9.1 and 9cs to it's potential. the 9.5's are 88dB sensitive and may need more juice for it to maximize the sound quality. why not just save up for a better amplifier with more features. going the speaker route upgrade first may not bring out the best qualities of your speakers as bigger speakers does'nt always mean it would sound better ;)  as you will need a sufficient amp to drive them.

maybe considering getting a better receiver as an upgrade can open up your existing speakers and bring out a better SQ for your wharfedale 9.1.

You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline mercury724

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Ask 1 2 b 1
  • Liked:
« Reply #3454 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM »
i was trying to look for specs on the net on the said amp but can't seem to find enough information on it.

however, some of the lower onkyo and denon receivers are only rated 75wpc but can drive the 9.1 decently. if it really is 100wpc then it can properly power your wharfes.

imho, speakers with lower sensitivity may always need a more powerful amp to drive them properly and for them to sound good.

i honestly don't think that your existing amp can drive the 9.5, 9.1 and 9cs to it's potential. the 9.5's are 88dB sensitive and may need more juice for it to maximize the sound quality. why not just save up for a better amplifier with more features. going the speaker route upgrade first may not bring out the best qualities of your speakers as bigger speakers does'nt always mean it would sound better ;)  as you will need a sufficient amp to drive them.

maybe considering getting a better receiver as an upgrade can open up your existing speakers and bring out a better SQ for your wharfedale 9.1.

i agree with sir JohnE. with this one, wharfedale speakers are harder to drive and you'll need a beefier amp to be able to maximize them. If you could bi-amp the 9.5 or 9.6 the better, some AV receivers have this features which i find it would really bring out the SQ of this speakers.
Me U Cnt P@ss

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3455 on: May 30, 2010 at 09:33 AM »
Mga brader magkano na po wharf 9.5 nowadays? Saan po pinakamura bumili nito? TIA.. :)
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline juantotre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3456 on: Jun 02, 2010 at 09:06 PM »
sirs newbie here. looking for rear speakers that i can wall mount. how much po yung 9.1? ok ba sya gamitin for rear speaker? thanks!

Offline volrathj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3457 on: Jun 03, 2010 at 10:47 PM »
sirs newbie here. looking for rear speakers that i can wall mount. how much po yung 9.1? ok ba sya gamitin for rear speaker? thanks!

The best ang 9.1. Kaya lang hindi ito pang wall mount. This cost 5000 pesos. Yung DFS ang pang wall mount.

Offline juantotre

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3458 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 09:25 AM »
magkano po yung dfs?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3459 on: Jun 04, 2010 at 11:16 AM »
You need a bracket (usually articulated) if you want to wallmount the 9.1.

The 9.sr / 10.sr and 9.dfs /10.dfs are readily wall-mountable. :) Contact AVShop for pricing.

Offline shainoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3460 on: Jun 23, 2010 at 06:11 PM »
Mga sir, will a Yamaha RXv 340 be enough to drive a wharf 9.1 as fronts, a diamond 8 ctr and a wh2 for surround. What could i do to enjoy a good sq with this kind of setup? I have a sub.

Offline PLiSKiN

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • -=MaGic=-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3461 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 11:18 PM »
mga sir, san po ba nakakabili ng spike ng 9.4?  lumipat kc kami bahay, nagyon i-setup ko na nawawala na ung mga spikes

tia!
-PLiSKiN

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3462 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 05:47 AM »
Mga sir, will a Yamaha RXv 340 be enough to drive a wharf 9.1 as fronts, a diamond 8 ctr and a wh2 for surround. What could i do to enjoy a good sq with this kind of setup? I have a sub.

Diamond 9s are fairly easy to drive. Any mass market AV receiver can power it to enjoyable levels, as long as the listening area isn't too big.

Offline AlvinladeN

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3463 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 08:00 AM »

9.1s and WH-2s are powered by my Yamaha RX-V457. Im not sure if its properly driven but it sounds good to me.

Offline shainoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3464 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 07:59 PM »
9.1s and WH-2s are powered by my Yamaha RX-V457. Im not sure if its properly driven but it sounds good to me.
Sir, ok naman sa movies i enjoy the setup kaya lang pagmusic na parang bitin sa treble pag tweak ko yong tone control para namang bibigay tweeters ko. Solution daw is to replace the fronts with a polk or wharfs 10 series which are brighter (According to avshop). Is this true?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3465 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 08:35 PM »
I'm not so sure about the Diamond 10, but the TSi and RTi lines of Polk Audio reproduce significantly more treble.

Offline AlvinladeN

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3466 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 08:08 AM »
Sir, ok naman sa movies i enjoy the setup kaya lang pagmusic na parang bitin sa treble pag tweak ko yong tone control para namang bibigay tweeters ko. Solution daw is to replace the fronts with a polk or wharfs 10 series which are brighter (According to avshop). Is this true?

same here, parang bitin nga sa music ang wharf 9.1 and yamaha avr combo.

Offline marlboro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3467 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 08:18 AM »
same sentiments here, but im using diamond 8.1 sa front and wh2 center and surround. medyo bitin nga sya kung pang audio. parang kulang sya sa midbass to lo. pero syempre what could we expect, maliit lang yun driver nya, plus ang baba ng sensitivity. I suggest to use a more powerful amp to bring out to its full potential. IMO. :-\

pero kung pang movies naman, sakto lang sakin.

Offline AlvinladeN

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3468 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 08:28 AM »
^yamaha din receiver mo?

Offline marlboro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3469 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 08:39 AM »
yep. rxv459 90wrms per channel. if you really want it to use sa audio, try powering it with atleast 120-150wrms. then, you'll hear the difference.

Offline shainoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3470 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 09:31 AM »
Mga sir, The gurus say the yamahas are bright sounding, Probably tama si Marlboro we have to up our Amps or siguro change the wharfs 8 or 9 series. Anyway avshop invited me for an audition using my reciever (with a wharf 10 series and polk to compare daw the difference with my existing setup).

Kayo Mga sir, What do you think, up natin amps (or replace it) or just change our wharfs (fronts)?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3471 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 10:10 AM »
Even if you find a good match for your amp, it doesn't mean it will sound the same once you're in your room. How about a dedicated 2ch amp?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #3472 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 01:06 PM »
It's hard to beat a dedicated audio system for music.

As for the Diamond 9 series, I think the 9.3 does best for music (it doesn't have the boomy sound of the 9.1 and the 9.5). The 9.6 can also work well if you have enough power on tap (the only time I've heard the 9.6 sing well was when it was hooked up to a power amp).

Offline marlboro

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3473 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 06:24 PM »
for me the best way is to have a dedicated amp for the speakers and upgrade to floorstanders. for sure, day and night ang difference neto using a receiver  + bookshelf combo kesa sa integrated amp + floorstanders.  ::)

Offline AlvinladeN

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3474 on: Jul 06, 2010 at 08:32 PM »
ok lang ba kung palitan ko yung Yamaha ko ng Onkyo 606 para sa Wharf 9.1 ko? plano ko na din kasi magkaron ng Dolby/DTS HD capable reciever eh.

Offline shainoy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3475 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 08:24 AM »
Gave a taught for what your comments and opinion here.

Actually i am totally happy with the wharfs and the yamaha if playing movies, the only thing iam not really satisfied with is playing the wharfs with cd or music.

Probably i will start with another good pair of speaker (bookshelf or floorstander) and give it a try with the yamaha's speaker A/B terminal (Switch na lang if listen to cds).

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3476 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 10:25 AM »
Get an integrated amp. Your weak link now is the receiver, not the speakers.

Offline yasmin

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3477 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 10:42 AM »
My current Wharfedale set up:

9.4 Floor standers
9cm center
9 dfs
psw110
onkyo 308
ordinary speaker cables pa lang
no add-on accessories yet. i don't know what to buy eh.

don't know if it that's ok na either. just started pa lang eh ...  :D

so far nice with both music and movies...i think...

will upgrade as needed.

any suggestions?

thanks guys.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3478 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
so far nice with both music and movies...i think...

Why fix when it ain't broke? :)

Offline xtrm_2001

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3479 on: Jul 07, 2010 at 11:06 AM »