Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568473 times)

Offline c.a.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #3540 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 01:45 PM »
I'll finally be able to buy my very first HT setup by next week.  I'm thinking of 2 setups right now:

Option 1:
Onkyo 508
Mirage Omni S10
9.CS
9.SR

Option 2:
Onkyo 508
Mirage Omni S10
9.CM
9.SR

Option 2 is about 5k more expensive than option 1.  Is there really a big difference between  Option 2 and Option 1?  Budget is quite tight but if the difference in SQ between the two is really noticeable, then I might consider stretching my budget for Option 2.  Btw, my room is about 20sqm.

definitely option 2. for me it's a "5k" you wont regret..

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3541 on: Oct 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM »
Hi, user here of onkyo 508, wharf 9.1 and omni s10. I just started for a 2.1 setup and later on if budget permits, i will purchase 9.5/9.6 and 9cm then 9.1 will be my rears.
For my current 2.1 setup, I'm satisfied with it but want to experience the real 5.1 setup. For music listening wharf 9.1 a little bit lacking of bass but the omni s10 did a great job in providing the bass what i need.
For a starter, you cant go wrong on any options you choose.
ShogdGreat I am very happy with the 9.6.  The base response is fantastic and when listening to music I do NOT need to use my Sub.  That is right I do NOT need to use my sub.  I highly recommend you do a demo as just recently stock arrived for 9.5 and 9.6.  These babies will not be around for ever.

Please do bear in  mind something.  The 9.6 out of the box sounded poor.  It required a good 100 hours till it sounded better.  After 200 hours it  now sounds great!  I said it before on this thread.  I am cranking on higher volumes with little distortion and these babies sound NOT worlds apart from my paradigm monitor 7's that I also loved, for a fraction of the price.  For real value these speakers ROCK in more ways than one!!!  I am 100% content.

In respect to set up one or set up two I suggest a third option.  Get my same set up.  Borrow some money or work overtime do what you have to and get: 

Diamond 9.6
Diamond 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Omni 10s
Onkyo Receiver

Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3542 on: Oct 14, 2010 at 09:28 PM »
ShogdGreat I am very happy with the 9.6.  The base response is fantastic and when listening to music I do NOT need to use my Sub.  That is right I do NOT need to use my sub.  I highly recommend you do a demo as just recently stock arrived for 9.5 and 9.6.  These babies will not be around for ever.

Please do bear in  mind something.  The 9.6 out of the box sounded poor.  It required a good 100 hours till it sounded better.  After 200 hours it  now sounds great!  I said it before on this thread.  I am cranking on higher volumes with little distortion and these babies sound NOT worlds apart from my paradigm monitor 7's that I also loved, for a fraction of the price.  For real value these speakers ROCK in more ways than one!!!  I am 100% content.

In respect to set up one or set up two I suggest a third option.  Get my same set up.  Borrow some money or work overtime do what you have to and get: 

Diamond 9.6
Diamond 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Omni 10s
Onkyo Receiver

Hi Mr dannielsimone. Im just worried about the power requirement by 9.6. I don't know if my 508 will be sufficient to drive these babies, maybe 9.5 will match with it. If you can just lend me a budget for it, i will be very happy....hehehe.. ;D ;D ;D
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3543 on: Oct 15, 2010 at 12:54 PM »
Hi Mr dannielsimone. Im just worried about the power requirement by 9.6. I don't know if my 508 will be sufficient to drive these babies, maybe 9.5 will match with it. If you can just lend me a budget for it, i will be very happy....hehehe.. ;D ;D ;D
How does your 508 compare (80 watts?)to the output my 707 (100 watts).  From my research and from what I hear it should be no issue at all.  My 707 drives these babies with no issues and plenty of room to spare.  And am sure Victor would have no problem giving you credit terms as you are Suki.

And by the way keep your eyes on the "For Sale Thread"  There are deals coming up all over for the 9.6.  Just a few minutes ago a great deal on "pre-owned and certified 9.1 with Velodyne tweeters" for only 4 K.

^^Peechey should be all over this deal like white on rice to start his HT.^^

« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010 at 12:55 PM by dannielsimone »
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline Rangerdog

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3544 on: Oct 21, 2010 at 08:18 PM »
Hi all!

I am relatively late to the Wharfedale Diamond party. I thought I'll share with you my experience regarding these babies.

I bought a pair of Diamond 9.6 Rosewoods (nagsisi ako sa kulay, parang maitim kasi, Beech na lang sana) late last year and partnered it with my 5 year old NAD AV Receiver T752.  The sonic signature veers on the warm-ish side, no listening fatigue at all.  The usual suspects are there - excellent midrange (which I really, really CRAVE!), deep bass when called for and clear, if not polite, highs.  I am a stereo kind of guy but I do movies occasionally - as these speakers do not need a subwoofer as mentioned several times in the thread.  I do not care so much for the surround effects so I only have Yamaha center and surrounds, my subwoofer is a Definitive Technology Sub 80 which I rarely switch on.  So far I was very contented. 

Did I say WAS?  Oh yes, the upgrade bug bit me hard.

Just two weeks ago, I got my dream machine - the Ice Powered Pioneer SC LX82 (SC27 in the US).  This receiver is a beast!!!  It brought a lot of things to the table that the NAD can only hint of.  It is as if I am listening to my extensive music collection for the first time, CD after CD.  The proverbial "things that I haven't heard before are suddenly there" applies to this awesome combination.  This isn't a warm snuggly blanket combination - it is a  extremely delectable black java coffee with equal amounts of bite and full flavored goodness.

So much for my rave guys.  I hope you will be able to hear this kind of system match in heaven.  Needless to say, I found my audio nirvana.  Good luck for those who are still looking for theirs.

Rangerdog
Baguio City 

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3545 on: Oct 21, 2010 at 08:33 PM »
Hi all!

I am relatively late to the Wharfedale Diamond party. I thought I'll share with you my experience regarding these babies.

I bought a pair of Diamond 9.6 Rosewoods (nagsisi ako sa kulay, parang maitim kasi, Beech na lang sana) late last year and partnered it with my 5 year old NAD AV Receiver T752.  The sonic signature veers on the warm-ish side, no listening fatigue at all.  The usual suspects are there - excellent midrange (which I really, really CRAVE!), deep bass when called for and clear, if not polite, highs.  I am a stereo kind of guy but I do movies occasionally - as these speakers do not need a subwoofer as mentioned several times in the thread.  I do not care so much for the surround effects so I only have Yamaha center and surrounds, my subwoofer is a Definitive Technology Sub 80 which I rarely switch on.  So far I was very contented. 

Did I say WAS?  Oh yes, the upgrade bug bit me hard.

Just two weeks ago, I got my dream machine - the Ice Powered Pioneer SC LX82 (SC27 in the US).  This receiver is a beast!!!  It brought a lot of things to the table that the NAD can only hint of.  It is as if I am listening to my extensive music collection for the first time, CD after CD.  The proverbial "things that I haven't heard before are suddenly there" applies to this awesome combination.  This isn't a warm snuggly blanket combination - it is a  extremely delectable black java coffee with equal amounts of bite and full flavored goodness.

So much for my rave guys.  I hope you will be able to hear this kind of system match in heaven.  Needless to say, I found my audio nirvana.  Good luck for those who are still looking for theirs.

Rangerdog
Baguio City 

congrats sir ranger, you probably is the only one hwo has that beast of an amp here, thats one mean machine indeed
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3546 on: Oct 22, 2010 at 02:10 PM »
Congratulations Rangerdog!

Till the next bug bites.... ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3547 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 10:06 AM »
How much is the current market price of the 9.4, brand new and 2nd hand?
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Rangerdog

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3548 on: Oct 24, 2010 at 07:33 PM »
Hi again.

This Sunday afternoon, I was able to push the known performance envelope that my 9.6 is capable of.  Before the Pioneer LX82, I used the NAD T752 - which is no slouch when it comes to parameters in good audio performance  -  so I have a pretty good idea of how the 9.6 can handle things.  As I said in my previous post, the Pioneer significantly raised the bar when it comes to virtually all known areas that audio reviewers are fond of:  accuracy, musicality (BTW, these two are NOT mutually exclusive), transparency, pitch definition, soundstage height and width, etc. etc.  you name it, this combination has it in spades.

Incredibly, all of these areas were again heightened by a simple tweak.  Well, the Pioneer has a feature to  biamp speakers, and the good news is, the Wharfedale can be vertically bi-amped: just make sure that you remove the gold colored jumpers from the two pairs of binding posts.  So I put another line of speaker wire to the two top binding post and connected the ends to the unused Surround Back terminals of the Pioneer.

Skeptical at first because of the things I read in the internet that this tweak may or may not be useful, I fired up the Pioneer.  Then music flowed and ebbed.... it is so ethereal and somewhat indescribable in its beauty that even my wife and my kids notice that the music became even more, ahh... beautiful (for lack of an appropriate description, hehehe).  It is as if everything became even more clear and more focused by  using a magnifying glass.

Then I put in my CD Torture Test - the Gladiator soundtrack and the mighty track number 1.  You know how monstrously breathtaking the sound of this CD is in the right system.  Heck, I know what I am talking about, I used to frequent the high-end saloons in Tokyo by bringing this CD for a demo and the store clerks obliged me with.  One combination I heard is a Mark Levinson power amp, Esoteric front end and the snail-shaped Bowers and Wilkins Nautilus, but I digress...

Played at very high levels in my own house, whew, I thought I was in front of the massive AIR Studios Lyndhurst orchestra especially when I closed my eyes.   :o Waves and waves of palpable and intensely beautiful music flooded me that I became teary eyed.  Amazingly, at high playback levels, I detected that there was just a tiny bit of distortion. Admittedly, the Wharfes came quite close to breaking up, but guys, this was at insanely loud levels, probably much more than you can bear.  Still, I admired the composure of the 9.6 because you can still hear all the instruments very clearly, from soft passages to the thunderous crescendos.  However, I must also give a big credit to the IcePower amp modules of the Pioneer.  The several glowing reviews for this amazing receiver are just spot on. 

So guys, please do yourself a favor: if you are contemplating buying these babies --- run, don't walk and buy the remaining 9.6 stocks before they ran out.  Anyway, I heard that the stores in Manila are offering good discounts because they are phasing them out.   Look past the successor 10 series towers which may or may not be that good when compared with the Diamond 9.6.  By all means, partner it with a good amp of your choice and budget (NADs are good, despite their issues, trust me).  Better still, if you can find a receiver or amplifier offering a biamping option, you have the good fortune to vertically bi-amp these speakers and elevate their performance to several notches.  Probably you don't realize what these Wharfes are capable of.  I can only assure you that they have my highest recommendation.

It is a rave again, guys, sorry.

Offline c.a.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3549 on: Oct 25, 2010 at 06:58 AM »

So guys, please do yourself a favor: if you are contemplating buying these babies --- run, don't walk and buy the remaining 9.6 stocks before they ran out.  Anyway, I heard that the stores in Manila are offering good discounts because they are phasing them out.   Look past the successor 10 series towers which may or may not be that good when compared with the Diamond 9.6.  By all means, partner it with a good amp of your choice and budget (NADs are good, despite their issues, trust me).  Better still, if you can find a receiver or amplifier offering a biamping option, you have the good fortune to vertically bi-amp these speakers and elevate their performance to several notches.  Probably you don't realize what these Wharfes are capable of.  I can only assure you that they have my highest recommendation.

+1

Offline powershot

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3550 on: Nov 10, 2010 at 06:11 PM »
 laki pala ng difference kapag naka bi-amp ang 9.6. I'm very satifsied!  :)

Offline Euphony101

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3551 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 05:45 PM »
Mga Sir,

Ask ko lng, may factor po ba yung  port position between 9.1(front) and 10.1(Back)?

factor in terms of sound improvement?
factor in terms of speaker placement ?

Thanks....

Offline c.a.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3552 on: Nov 12, 2010 at 06:18 PM »
yes, its a factor..

in terms of sound improvement, the wharfedale website said that "The speaker’s twin reflex ports have been moved to the rear of the cabinet, to reduce the effects of audible distortion." but I've had a dia 9.1 and now i have dia 9.2 and I don't notice the audible distortion from it's front reflex ports.

in terms of  speaker placement, the 10.1 has to be placed a little farther away from the wall as the sound tends to get a little "boomy" when the rear ports gets too near to a wall.

Offline Rangerdog

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3553 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 08:38 PM »
I made an experiment today.  I purposely removed the biamp mode of the right channel and made it just a single amp mode (i.e, just a pair of speaker wire with the jumpers in place).  The left channel retained the biamp option.  Then I measured the db output. 

Who would have guessed?  The biamp mode (left channel) is louder by at least +3db compared to the right channel!!!  Biamping the Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 is really the way to go if you want to maximize the SQ of these babies.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3554 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 10:30 PM »
I made an experiment today.  I purposely removed the biamp mode of the right channel and made it just a single amp mode (i.e, just a pair of speaker wire with the jumpers in place).  The left channel retained the biamp option.  Then I measured the db output.  

Who would have guessed?  The biamp mode (left channel) is louder by at least +3db compared to the right channel!!!  Biamping the Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 is really the way to go if you want to maximize the SQ of these babies.

over 3dB? That's a big difference. Are you sure your receiver isn't artificially boosting the signal in Biamp mode?

You have to double the power to yield a volume difference of 3dB, and passive biamping will not remotely double power unless the amplifier is already well past its limits during normal operation.

I had a 9.6 pair in the past, and had tried it in passive bi-amp config as well. I didn't notice any significant volume difference with CA and NAD amps. The mids and highs seemed to remain clear during heavy passages though, possibly due to the reduced current demand on the HF channels. One thing I can say is that the 9.6 loves powerful amps, and sounds best when driven fairly hard. I have tested these speakers in passive and active multi-amp configs with various CAs, NADs, Pioneers, Yamahas and even a Plinius... and they sounded best with the Yamaha MX-D1 (500wpc  power amp) for me. Passive biamping weaker amps improved the sound, but it wasn't enough to match the output of a much more powerful amp (in my experience).

Aside from its dynamic sweet-spot being on the loud side, these speakers can suck quite some current for entry level speaks (they dip below 4 ohms). I think this is why they love strong amps.

Of course as with anything, your mileage may vary. Just my tuppence worth.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010 at 08:37 AM by Stagea »

Offline Rangerdog

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3555 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM »
over 3dB? That's a big difference. Are you sure your receiver isn't artificially boosting the signal in Biamp mode?

You have to double the power to yield a volume difference of 3dB, and passive biamping will not remotely double power unless the amplifier is already well past its limits during normal operation.

I had a 9.6 pair in the past, and had tried it in passive bi-amp config as well. I didn't notice any significant volume difference with CA and NAD amps. The mids and highs seemed to remain clear during heavy passages though, possibly due to the reduced current demand on the HF channels. One thing I can say is that the 9.6 loves powerful amps, and sounds best when driven fairly hard. I have tested these speakers in passive and active multi-amp configs with various CAs, NADs, Pioneers, Yamahas and even a Plinius... and they sounded best with the Yamaha MX-D1 (500wpc  power amp) for me. Passive biamping weaker amps improved the sound, but it wasn't enough to match the output of a much more powerful amp (in my experience).

Aside from its dynamic sweet-spot being on the loud side, these speakers can suck quite some current for entry level speaks (they dip below 4 ohms). I think this is why they love strong amps.

Of course as with anything, your mileage may vary. Just my tuppence worth.

Ok, the experiment I made and coming up with more than +3db in the single amp versus the biamp configuration was not measured by a sound level meter, which I do not have.   It was measured by the Pioneer's MCCAC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit) in the advanced auto mode itself.  The MCCAC is Pioneer's proprietary automatic sound calibration software that is built-in in the receiver -  pretty much like the Audessy, the Trinov, Yamaha's YPAO, etc. etc..

I ran the aforementioned software and barring any anomalies in room nodes, dips, suckouts, reverbs and whatnots which the software ought to have ironed out, the biamp mode is +3.4db (this is the exact reading) stronger than that of the singleamp configuration relative to the center listening position.  I understand that the software is supposed to correct or maybe even out all the speakers' output depending on their placement and relative sensitivity.  Now, i believe the front two speakers' distance are properly measured out by me insofar as the MCCAC microphone is concerned.

The LX82, by the way, is about 140w in 8ohms, all channels driven, at least that is what the literatures stated  ;).  Of course, this is way below what your past and present gears represent so I do not have the luxury of testing other much stronger amps, other than the relatively wimpy 80w per channel of my old NAD T752.

Thank you, however, for pointing out that the figures I came up with MAY represent an aberration after all. Nevertheless, I do appreciate your conclusion that anyone's mileage may vary.  Peace!

Offline Rangerdog

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3556 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM »
Oopps, I forgot to add. I also did subjective listening, though not a very scientific method.  I equalized the FR and FL speakers' levels to both 0db and the result is that the biamp mode channel is subjectively louder than the other one. Boosting the other one by about +3db "equalized" the two channels -- again, through subjective listening.
Share ko lang po ng experience so please don't flame me, hehehe.

Offline Euphony101

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3557 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 12:22 PM »
yes, its a factor..

in terms of sound improvement, the wharfedale website said that "The speaker’s twin reflex ports have been moved to the rear of the cabinet, to reduce the effects of audible distortion." but I've had a dia 9.1 and now i have dia 9.2 and I don't notice the audible distortion from it's front reflex ports.

in terms of  speaker placement, the 10.1 has to be placed a little farther away from the wall as the sound tends to get a little "boomy" when the rear ports gets too near to a wall.

So mas space friendly pala yung front port ng 9.1

How about yung addition ng metal grills sa tweeter ng 10.1
I think I’ve read somewhere that it makes the highs more “disperse”? Any truth to this?

May nag side by side test na kaya ng 10.1 at 9.1 dito sa pdvd using the same set-up?
Ano kaya results. Thanks….

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3558 on: Nov 16, 2010 at 12:32 PM »
May nag side by side test na kaya ng 10.1 at 9.1 dito sa pdvd using the same set-up?

Magkaiba sila ng tunog for me. Maganda naman pareho if partnered well (considering the price).

If you can afford to find space for it, suggest ko dagdag mo yung 9.3 sa listening test (price is just slightly higher than the 10.1). Mas balanse siya tumunog for me, walang hump sa upper bass (which can make some tracks sound bloated or nasal) and mas extended yung lows.

Offline c.a.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3559 on: Nov 17, 2010 at 08:07 PM »

So mas space friendly pala yung front port ng 9.1

I think so.... ;D

How about yung addition ng metal grills sa tweeter ng 10.1
I think I’ve read somewhere that it makes the highs more “disperse”? Any truth to this?

have not tried an A/B comparisson yet... :)

Offline cianzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3560 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 07:35 AM »

Diamond 9.6
Diamond 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Omni 10s
Onkyo Receiver

paps pa post naman po prices ng mga speakers?
planning to buy onkyo 508 and pair it with wharfedale, ok po ba kaya to?

[/quote]
PSN: cianzepol

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3561 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 04:55 PM »

Diamond 9.6
Diamond 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Omni 10s
Onkyo Receiver

paps pa post naman po prices ng mga speakers?
planning to buy onkyo 508 and pair it with wharfedale, ok po ba kaya to?

@cianzepol I will let you know when i get these wharf 9.6 & 9CM after New Year. Same setup tayo bro, for now i had Onkyo 508, Omni S10 and wharf 9.1

wharf 9.1 - P5,500
wharf 9.6 - 17,500
wharf 9CM - 6,300
-source: SnS

Bro balitaan mo ako kapag nauna ka na mabuo lahat nito....
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline Euphony101

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3562 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 05:20 PM »
@stagea... Thanks for your recommendation Sir,try kong dalhin yung amp (pioneer A307R stereo amp) ko to hear how the 9.3 sounds.

@c.a. thank you rin for your input Sir.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3563 on: Nov 29, 2010 at 09:40 PM »
mga kaibigan magkano na po ba ang brand new ng 9DFS ngayon?

salamat po sa lahat
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline cianzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3564 on: Dec 02, 2010 at 05:22 PM »
@cianzepol I will let you know when i get these wharf 9.6 & 9CM after New Year. Same setup tayo bro, for now i had Onkyo 508, Omni S10 and wharf 9.1

wharf 9.1 - P5,500
wharf 9.6 - 17,500
wharf 9CM - 6,300
-source: SnS

Bro balitaan mo ako kapag nauna ka na mabuo lahat nito....

ok naba yung 9.1 omni 10 at onkyo reciever muna?

yung 9.3 paps how much?
ati narin po omni 10?
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2010 at 05:24 PM by cianzepol »
PSN: cianzepol

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #3565 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM »
What's the price for a pair of 9dfs nowadays?

Thanks in advance!

Offline ryan750

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Dai-1chi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3566 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 11:54 PM »
What's the price for a pair of 9dfs nowadays?

Thanks in advance!

Around 4.5k bro...

Offline gabnes

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3567 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 12:18 AM »
is Dia 9.2 and Omni prestige s8 a good combo for a 2.1?  :)

Offline ryan750

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Dai-1chi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3568 on: Jan 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
guys.. ever opened a diamond 9.1? or any other wharfs.. what's the ceramic thing at the side of the cabinet that look like ceramic tiles? isn't some sort of resonance reducer? or what? :D :D

Offline c.a.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3569 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 12:35 AM »
have tried opening my 9.1 and 9.2.. i think the white thing is used to seal the slits in the inner part of the cabinet since they slited the mdf in order for them to bend it... or maybe it is also a type of glue or maybe it can also reduce resonance.. but im not really sure... ;D