Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568487 times)

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #1440 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 02:28 PM »
Hello guys, still on the entry level...... would like to ask, can an ONKYO501 drive the 9.6 easily? or can I settle with a 9.5 or 8.4 and still get the usual sound of a wharfedale floorstander? any suggestion would be fully appreciated.

According sa spec ng diamond 9 you'll need 20watts and up to drive the speaker but i believe around 50watts will do justice already except you plan to play it loud like disco well mahihirapan hehehehe..

better audition with your amp.

cheers.

Offline devo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1441 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 02:36 PM »
According sa spec ng diamond 9 you'll need 20watts and up to drive the speaker but i believe around 50watts will do justice already except you plan to play it loud like disco well mahihirapan hehehehe..

better audition with your amp.

cheers.
Hello Hans, so do you think an 8.4 will do? or simply a bookshelf version is more advisable. Please advise what wharfe model is best compatible with a 501........... tnx for the response
rock and roll is here to stay...........

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1442 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
pasingit lang po...
I'm using a vintage Sansui AU-7700 (54 wpc) integrated amp to drive my 8.4.  10 o'clock lang anlakas na especially rock/alternative music.  my 8.2 naman is driven by an HK PM625 (20 wpc) alternatively by the 60 wpc HK PM645vxi the integrated.  best is to audition with your gear.  my two cents.

thanks
Know Thyself!

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1443 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:21 PM »
pasingit lang po...
I'm using a vintage Sansui AU-7700 (54 wpc) integrated amp to drive my 8.4.  10 o'clock lang anlakas na especially rock/alternative music.  my 8.2 naman is driven by an HK PM625 (20 wpc) alternatively by the 60 wpc HK PM645vxi the integrated.  best is to audition with your gear.  my two cents.

thanks
thanks dennispm........ remembered kasi na the 501 was attached to a wharfe (bookshelf) when I bought it and I want to change to a floorstander, I saw one at Spectra on sale (just don't know the model). I just want to know HTers' inputs with regards to compatibility to higher ends of Wharfe........... as everybody says, bring your gears to war... tnx

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1444 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:24 PM »
mga sir tanong ko lang po kung san pwede mag auditon nitong 9 series? tnx po

Offline zakkaz

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1445 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:28 PM »
mga sir tanong ko lang po kung san pwede mag auditon nitong 9 series? tnx po
sa spectra parksquare 1 makati

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1446 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 03:52 PM »
question ulit sir,
may idea ka ba kung magkano yung series 9 or ung series 8?

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1447 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 04:14 PM »
arizton,

price for 9 series starts at 5k up.

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1448 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 04:32 PM »
pacino,

As i recall, 8.4 was a 120 watter, so you need an amp/receiver with a power of at least 60watts or more to drive it. wharf is known to be a hard to drive speaker. hope this will help.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1449 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 04:41 PM »
pacino,

As i recall, 8.4 was a 120 watter, so you need an amp/receiver with a power of at least 60watts or more to drive it. wharf is known to be a hard to drive speaker. hope this will help.
punk kid, based on specs I have on hand, the 8.4 is only a 100 watts RMS floorstander... isn't it still compatible with the 501. if not, can you recommend a compatible brand/version of a floorstander? tnx

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #1450 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:20 PM »
I didn't own an Onkyo amp/receiver so I can't say they're compatible. I owned an 8.4 before and it was rated 120w per channel. For me, that speaker was boomy in my system so I replaced it with an 8.3.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1451 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:27 PM »
I didn't own an Onkyo amp/receiver so I can't say they're compatible. I owned an 8.4 before and it was rated 120w per channel. For me, that speaker was boomy in my system so I replaced it with an 8.3.
assuming the 8.4 is really a 120 watter, will the 5 watt difference per channel have a big effect on the sound quality and avr performance or is it much ok to use a 100 watter but 8 ohms. The reason I prefer Wharfe is it has the same 6 ohm specs as with the 501. tnx

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1452 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:41 PM »
Hello Hans, so do you think an 8.4 will do? or simply a bookshelf version is more advisable. Please advise what wharfe model is best compatible with a 501........... tnx for the response

How big is your listening room/area? floorstander may sound boomy in some small room but may also sound very good in few. btw whats your previous speaker? or your just starting to big one?

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1453 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:46 PM »
How big is your listening room/area? floorstander may sound boomy in some small room but may also sound very good in few. btw whats your previous speaker? or your just starting to big one?
room is approx 4x6m, and the 501 is currently with a paradigm bookshelf (95w, 4-8ohms) and a US Audio 508. the area is a dedicated HT room.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1454 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:54 PM »
room is approx 4x6m, and the 501 is currently with a paradigm bookshelf (95w, 4-8ohms) and a US Audio 508. the area is a dedicated HT room.

With your room try the 8.3 or 9.4 single woofers baka kasi with double woofers maging boomy.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1455 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
With your room try the 8.3 or 9.4 single woofers baka kasi with double woofers maging boomy.
thanks a lot Hans, would seriously consider your recommendation.

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1456 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:11 PM »
hello mga sir,
   another stupid question coming from a first timer!  ;D un bang wharfedale na 9.1
that has a price of 5.5k does it mean na 5.5k a piece or pair? ( pasensya na mga sir
di ko kc alam, package kc ng kenwood yung binili ko e...)
tnx po..!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1457 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:16 PM »
hello mga sir,
   another stupid question coming from a first timer!  ;D un bang wharfedale na 9.1
that has a price of 5.5k does it mean na 5.5k a piece or pair? ( pasensya na mga sir
di ko kc alam, package kc ng kenwood yung binili ko e...)
tnx po..!

Speakers are usually priced per pair. Except for center speakers and subs.

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #1458 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 11:03 PM »
Hi!!! mga sir tanong ko lang kasi balak kong bumili ng wharfedale diamond 9.3 kaya lang most of the stores doesn't carry the model hindi daw masyado gusto, alanganin ang size and boomy,,,

i will be using it sana for ht and audio 50/50 po ako,,, i'll be using an hk avr130 to drive it,,, is the model really that bad? or shall i go for the 9.2 the 9.5 or the 9.6 instead?

i just like the fact na it's a bookshelf with an 8" woofer.  :-[

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1459 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 07:11 AM »
Hi!!! mga sir tanong ko lang kasi balak kong bumili ng wharfedale diamond 9.3 kaya lang most of the stores doesn't carry the model hindi daw masyado gusto, alanganin ang size and boomy,,,

i will be using it sana for ht and audio 50/50 po ako,,, i'll be using an hk avr130 to drive it,,, is the model really that bad? or shall i go for the 9.2 the 9.5 or the 9.6 instead?

Not really bad just like the shop said alanganin yun size audition mo try spectra they carry HK and wharf.

Offline kemozavi

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.soundsolutionsph.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #1460 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 07:53 AM »
Sir natry konarin yung spectra hindi nayata sila kumukuha ng 9.3, baka ang gawin ko nalang nito is orderin ko nalang, hindi ko pa siya personally na aaudition e,  baka may review kayo. ;D

For the owners and those who were able to audition the 9.3 how would you compare it po with the 9.2 and the 9.5?

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1461 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 08:43 AM »
sir bumblebee,
 thank u po sir, now i can budget my money! another question po sir, my receiver is 100w per channel ok lang po bang gumamit ako ng 150 to 200w na speakers? comment din po sana kung ok po yung series 8 ng wharfedale for both music & ht & meron pa po bang nabibiling series 8?
tnx ng marami sir bumblebee!!!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1462 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 08:56 AM »
sir bumblebee,
 thank u po sir, now i can budget my money! another question po sir, my receiver is 100w per channel ok lang po bang gumamit ako ng 150 to 200w na speakers? comment din po sana kung ok po yung series 8 ng wharfedale for both music & ht & meron pa po bang nabibiling series 8?
tnx ng marami sir bumblebee!!!

Just get the 9 series. Hindi naman malayo ang presyo e. I have not owned the 8's but have read comments that the 9's are better. Yung 150 to 200w sa speakers e power handling yan. It means the speakers can take 200w of power continously na hindi sya masisira. Most speakers can take more than that but for short bursts lang.

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1463 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:33 AM »
ok sir bumblebee tnx for the info.. :D

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1464 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 11:48 AM »
I have a very similar setup in my small apartment (about 3m x 4m listening space), using a HK AVR 130.

Was considering the 9.5's for a while but when I auditioned them side-by-side with the 9.4 at Spectra parang the 9.5 was bright and harsh - but it was probably because kakalabas lang niya sa box. In any case, I wasn't convinced that the 3t peso difference between the two really mattered for my small space. I was considering the 9.1 bookshelves to save a little but when I added up the cost of good stands the 9.4's ended up being cheaper.
True, but depending on your room size you might not really need nor appreciatie it. Plus, for HT you'll want to get a suitable sub anyway for the bass notes... this is why I settled for the 9.4's.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1465 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 01:20 PM »
I have a very similar setup in my small apartment (about 3m x 4m listening space), using a HK AVR 130.

Was considering the 9.5's for a while but when I auditioned them side-by-side with the 9.4 at Spectra parang the 9.5 was bright and harsh - but it was probably because kakalabas lang niya sa box. In any case, I wasn't convinced that the 3t peso difference between the two really mattered for my small space. I was considering the 9.1 bookshelves to save a little but when I added up the cost of good stands the 9.4's ended up being cheaper.True, but depending on your room size you might not really need nor appreciatie it. Plus, for HT you'll want to get a suitable sub anyway for the bass notes... this is why I settled for the 9.4's.
Hello Alistair, how much did you get the 9.4 from Spectra?

Offline alistair

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1466 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
Hello Alistair, how much did you get the 9.4 from Spectra?
List price is 9,700. You should be able to get a slight discount if you buy a lot of items at once, madali naman sila kausap eh.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #1467 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 03:59 PM »
List price is 9,700. You should be able to get a slight discount if you buy a lot of items at once, madali naman sila kausap eh.
di pala bumaba price since 2004...... thnx for the feedback

Offline alistair

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1468 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 04:43 PM »
di pala bumaba price since 2004
Hindi nga eh. But then again, considering weakened peso vs. $, inflation, rising fuel costs etc. - it all evens out. Baka nga daw tumaas pa ang prices all-around if expanded VAT takes effect... If you're looking for an alternative, someone's selling 10 month old Gales (1 pair floorstanders + 1 centre) in the marketplace. I'd get those if I hadn't gotten my Wharfes already. :)

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1469 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 08:34 PM »
If you're looking for an alternative, someone's selling 10 month old Gales (1 pair floorstanders + 1 centre) in the marketplace.
sir parang interesado ko dito? san po kya ito & u hv an idea how much?
tnx po