Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568496 times)

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #1650 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 09:54 PM »
With your requirement any of the 2 models will be a good match for your NAD tapos add a musical/fast sub for HT then oks na.  :)

Offline markmlists

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1651 on: Nov 12, 2005 at 07:52 AM »
Sirs Hans, Awadeh, Bumblebee-

thanks for your responses.

Offline ianmorales

• Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1652 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 12:58 AM »
sirs, Where can i buy the cheapest wharf 9 series and pls post the price.  I will pair it with an amx el84 wich sir andrew has during the hi fi show.

Thanks bro's for the help!

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1653 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 01:08 AM »
I think the AV stores have similar pricing for the Diamond 9 series... not 100% sure about the prices if EVAT affected it... these are from Spectra and Listening Room

9.1 Fronts  = P5,500
CS  Center = P4,500
DFS9 Rear  = P3,800

Baka some members here know stores with cheaper pricing

Offline jsllobrera

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1654 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 03:28 AM »
Nung bumili ako last Nov.8 sa listening room, walang additional na evat at ganyan pa rin ang price.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1655 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 06:49 AM »
sirs, Where can i buy the cheapest wharf 9 series and pls post the price.  I will pair it with an amx el84 wich sir andrew has during the hi fi show.

Thanks bro's for the help!

Try Spectra 8185493 look for Leslie and Jim.

Offline eagumban

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1656 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 06:06 PM »
Mga bossing,

I need your advice, may delema ako, my setup is 9.5, 9dfs surround and 9cs center, yung setup ko 7.1 using RXV-1500.  Ang surround back is my old speakers for which I am planning to replace with 9dfs.  Na observe ko kasi na yung side surround, pag directly positioned sa side,  parang hindi ko ma feel ang pag ikot ng sound, ang naririnig ko ay parang na extend yung front ko.  If I reposition myself na medyo sa likod ang 9dfs, dun lang ako maka experience na umiikot ang sound.  By the way square ang room 20' x 20' at medyo mas malayo ang surround speakers ko kaysa front due to installation constraints. Ang wire na ginamit sa surround ay mura lang, questionable kung oxygen free yun...pero planning to replace it if setup is final.  Question... should I go for a 9dfs for the surround back or replace it with other models of diamond 9?  9.1 perhaps?  Thanks... 

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1657 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 08:45 PM »
markmlists, unless you already have good stands or are planning to mount the 9.1's on some other surface (like side tables) I'd just go for the 9.4's. Their price is like a pair of 9.1's plus a pair of stands, and they have a little more bass (10Hz lower) to boot.

eagumban, since you already have 9 DFS for your SL/SR I'd just go for another one for the surround back. At least you get bi-polar output which might help in creating a more 'enveloping' surround field.

Offline markmlists

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1658 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 09:03 AM »
markmlists, unless you already have good stands or are planning to mount the 9.1's on some other surface (like side tables) I'd just go for the 9.4's. Their price is like a pair of 9.1's plus a pair of stands, and they have a little more bass (10Hz lower) to boot.

I do have a pair of JGR stands na rin but thanks for your input. On the subject of  9.4's, di ba boomy?

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1659 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 09:36 AM »
I do have a pair of JGR stands na rin but thanks for your input. On the subject of  9.4's, di ba boomy?
Di naman - at least, I don't think so. I don't have sub so I can appreciate the extra bass, and I just positioned the speakers a foot away from the rear walls to reduce reflection. I figure, if/when I do get a sub I can always control the crossover through my receiver to route low frequencies to the sub and avoid extraneous boominess.

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1660 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 11:26 AM »
ok ba ang diamond 9 series paired with yamaha rx-v440 for HT? can somebody comment on this...planned set-up would be diamond 9.4 for the front, diamond 9 cm (center), diamond 9 dfs for the surrounds. thanks.

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1661 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 12:38 PM »
ok ba ang diamond 9 series paired with yamaha rx-v440 for HT? can somebody comment on this...planned set-up would be diamond 9.4 for the front, diamond 9 cm (center), diamond 9 dfs for the surrounds. thanks.

HT should have a sub! where is it in your setup? Your setup is good though.

But if I were you, I will make 9.2 my front main, and buy a separate sub!

If I want to complete something in the same budget as yours, I will go 9.2 all around and buy subwoofer!
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1662 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 01:10 PM »
sorry, forgot to mention that i have a sub already i'm using a velodyne cht-12r. by the way, why do you recommend wharfedale 9.2 for the fronts instead of 9.4? 9.4 are floorstanders which technically i think may be better than the 9.2...thanks.

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1663 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 01:26 PM »
sorry, forgot to mention that i have a sub already i'm using a velodyne cht-12r. by the way, why do you recommend wharfedale 9.2 for the fronts instead of 9.4? 9.4 are floorstanders which technically i think may be better than the 9.2...thanks.

It is more difficult to position floorstanders simply because it also reproduced part of the subwoofer spectrum. Reproducing the LF spectrum has something to do with your room's audio mode - any location of the floorstander will either compromise the mid-hi or the LF range - if you will not employ a sub in music listening.

The audio range, being 20-20k, non-employment of sub still fall short of the 20hz bottom limit, since no floor stander can reached to that range. If to be use in music listening with a sub, the sub should be tuned properly with your main or else, things can be unmanageable in the LF range.

Of course, you can always set the 9.4 to small speakers - but it negates the reason why in the first place it is a floor stander - to also reproduce the LF range. Unless you only look at the floorstander as cheap bookshelf stand if 9.4 is just set as small.

The 9.2 (I assume this is the one with the 5incher kevlar) proved its worth in various tests as far as mid-high ranges are concerned.

I would rather get the placement of 9.2 that best suit my mid-hi range (and dont worry about LF range). Then I will get the placement for my sub best suited for my LF. then enjoy the synergy of both bests.

Kung ako lang naman!  ;)
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1664 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 01:28 PM »
The 9.2 (I assume this is the one with the 5incher kevlar) proved its worth in various tests as far as mid-high ranges are concerned.

That would be the 9.1's, Sir.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005 at 03:05 PM by bumblebee »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1665 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 03:39 PM »
If you have a small to medium room 9.2 would be good and tama si Sir aHobbit placement would be a problem for audio pero case to case basis sa room mo.. pero for HT hindi naman maselan sa placement yan.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2005 at 03:44 PM by hans adriane »

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1666 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 04:19 PM »
ah ok thanks got your point. so ok lang kung pang ht applications mag 9.2 na lang ako for my fronts tapos 9cm for the center and 9 dfs for my surrounds...btw, ano mas recommended niniyo 9 sr for the surrounds or yung 9 dfs? if i understand it correctly yung 9 sr is direct radiating and yung 9 dfs is dipole type of surround...tama ba?

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1667 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 07:09 PM »
ah ok thanks got your point. so ok lang kung pang ht applications mag 9.2 na lang ako for my fronts tapos 9cm for the center and 9 dfs for my surrounds...btw, ano mas recommended niniyo 9 sr for the surrounds or yung 9 dfs? if i understand it correctly yung 9 sr is direct radiating and yung 9 dfs is dipole type of surround...tama ba?

If you plan to use it just for HT then DFS would be better, but in case you want to plan SACD or DVD audio then get a direct radiation speaker for surround. :)

Contact Spectra for pricing.

Offline eagumban

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1668 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM »
[eagumban, since you already have 9 DFS for your SL/SR I'd just go for another one for the surround back. At least you get bi-polar output which might help in creating a more 'enveloping' surround field.

Sir alistair, thanks for the feedback... Actually I just want to make my decision solid. Mahirap na magkamali he he he ;D ;D ;D

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1669 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 07:17 AM »

Usually, floorstanders will give you more bass. Standmounts will give you better bass.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1670 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 07:34 AM »
sirs, what's the difference between the the 9.1 and 9.2? when I Google for both, there are a lot of results for the 9.1 but the 9.2 gives links to non-English sites...

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1671 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 07:47 AM »
sirs, what's the difference between the the 9.1 and 9.2? when I Google for both, there are a lot of results for the 9.1 but the 9.2 gives links to non-English sites...

The 9.1's have 5" woofers. The 9.2's, 6.5", hence, more bass. Both have 1" fabric tweeters. I think the 9.2's and the 9.5's were originally not meant to be released in the UK (ewan ko lang ngayon) kaya wala masyadong press.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2005 at 08:00 AM by bumblebee »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1672 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 07:54 AM »
wow... bilis ng reply... thanks bumblebee!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1673 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 08:14 AM »
Sir jeckjeck,

Are you gonna be using Wharf's soon? :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1674 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 02:31 PM »
Sir jeckjeck,

Are you gonna be using Wharf's soon? :)

still deciding sir... my set up before was about 90% for movies & 10% for audio but I am getting more into audio now... been listening to a lot of cds the past month plus I also hook up my iPod to the AVR...

My budget will fit the Wharfe's perfectly but I'm thinking of getting a "higher end" set up and start with the fronts and center--- iniisip ko pa talaga kung ano gusto ko... I'll be making the rounds of audio shops this weekend...  ;D

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1675 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 05:25 PM »
in a floorstanders with sub setup...should floorstanders be set to large? coz i read in other threads that they most of the time set them to small since may sub... di ba sayang yung capability ng floorstanders if set to small? tnx

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1676 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 05:37 PM »
in a floorstanders with sub setup...should floorstanders be set to large? coz i read in other threads that they most of the time set them to small since may sub... di ba sayang yung capability ng floorstanders if set to small? tnx

Kung ano mas ok tumunog, dun ka.

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1677 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 05:45 PM »
bro bee! do u have any recommendations? hehe

Offline bono

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #1678 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 05:47 PM »
Kung ano mas ok tumunog, dun ka.

I agree with bumblebee or else you will regret, if you hear a good  speaker.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline kt

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1679 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 06:02 PM »
yup i agree too! but do u guys have recommendations based on your findings?