Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568294 times)

Offline LETOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #2400 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 09:18 AM »
sir gearhead, thanks a lot for the info..

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2401 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 10:09 PM »
Mga sirs,

Ano ba mas magandang tunog? Diamond 9CS/CM or Evo Center? 50/50 HT and music

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2402 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 10:12 PM »
Mga sirs,

Ano ba mas magandang tunog? Diamond 9CS/CM or Evo Center? 50/50 HT and music

each one has it's own character so   :D , try them side by side on same system and decide to yourself..... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2403 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 10:29 PM »
Ano ba current prices nito:

Diamond 9.1
Diamond 9.5
Diamond Center 9.CM

if you can stretch your budget, since you're eyeing the 9CM, why not go with the 9.6? after several weeks of breaking-in, my 9.6's are really singing now. labas na labas na ang bass at treble nya. that's why i don't use the sub much now for stereo listening. couple that with the nice and open mids and you get satellite clarity with floorstander heft. you should partner it with a powerful amp though. an HK 34x/marantz 5x00 or onkyo tx-6xx i think will be the barest minimum... or any >70wpc amp that list their true rms power rating.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2404 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 10:44 PM »
Mga sirs,

Ano ba current prices nito:

Diamond 9.1
Diamond 9.5
Diamond Center 9.CM

Thanks for any info.

just my 2cents:

9.CM is voice matched to = 9.6
if you get :
9.5 match it with  = 9.CS
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2405 on: Aug 19, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
if you can stretch your budget, since you're eyeing the 9CM, why not go with the 9.6? after several weeks of breaking-in, my 9.6's are really singing now. labas na labas na ang bass at treble nya. that's why i don't use the sub much now for stereo listening. couple that with the nice and open mids and you get satellite clarity with floorstander heft. you should partner it with a powerful amp though. an HK 34x/marantz 5x00 or onkyo tx-6xx i think will be the barest minimum... or any >70wpc amp that list their true rms power rating.

Wala na po sa akin ung budget ng 9.6 e. ;D

Ano pong diiference ng evo center sa 9CS in terms of sound quality?

At ano ang recommended AVR para dito (minimum)?

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2406 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 09:53 AM »
Mga master ask ko lang po. Ano po ba pang entrly level speakers at amp pang Home Theater PC. I've been using 5.1 PC na speaker and indi ako masyadong satisfied sa kanya. Ung room ko ay medyo maliit so pang entry level lang po gusto ko. Thanks... :P

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2407 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 11:30 AM »
You could look at the logitech X...something speakers...about P5K

If not satisfied with PC speakers,
get a receiver/amp (11K up - yamaha rxv359, most folks here will probably recommend spending 25K at least to
avoid future upgrade compulsions)  ;D

and new wharfdale speakers (a 5 spkr set will cost 20K up, a subwoofer is about 10K up)

You'll need to connect your PC to the receiver via coax or fiber optic. 
So, either your board has it, or your sound card does, if not, upgrade that too.

Mga master ask ko lang po. Ano po ba pang entrly level speakers at amp pang Home Theater PC. I've been using 5.1 PC na speaker and indi ako masyadong satisfied sa kanya. Ung room ko ay medyo maliit so pang entry level lang po gusto ko. Thanks... :P
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 at 11:35 AM by ericag_ph »

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2408 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 12:49 PM »
Actually sir i have logitech z5500, what exactyly kind of yamaha receiver and wharfedale speakers ang pang entry level 5.1 setup lang?

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2409 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 01:11 PM »
Actually sir i have logitech z5500, what exactyly kind of yamaha receiver and wharfedale speakers ang pang entry level 5.1 setup lang?

Watch out for Denon or Yamaha here in B&S section to get the best deal and pair it with wharfedale 9.1,9cs & sub , SR dito rin sa B&S kunting tyaga lang, you can complete your set-up at very less budget than you expect.

good-luck... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2410 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 03:12 PM »
Here's an entry level setup:

Receiver: yamaha rxv359 - P11K, the rxv459 is P14K-15K, the rxv659 is P27K
Speakers:
Fronts (L and R): wharfedale diamond 9.1 bookshelf - P5500 per pair (these are sometimes referred to as the best sounding speakers for under $500, or was it $1000)   ;D
Center:  wharfedale diamond 9.cs (or cm) - P5000
Surrounds: wharfedale diamond 9.DFS - P5000 per pair.

That gives you 5.0

For the .1 ...you'll need a subwoofer...would suggest Velodyne, but it is pricey...P24K (8") up.  Some might suggest
DTX...maybe around P5K-P8K...

Whatever sub you choose later in life  ;D If you want to shake the sofa, the room, the dog outside, you need a sub that can do an SPL (sound pressure level) of 75dB at 22Hz minimum.   ;D

If you want to delay the subwoofer, get floorstanders instead of bookshelf.
Floorstanders have better bass than bookshelf.  You can check out the wharfedale 9.5 (P12500 per pair)

And as suggested, you may want to check the buy and sell area...some people are upgrading, so they sell
their older stuff at a good deal (sometimes).   ;D

And before you buy, do try the speakers first (listen to them),
see if they are a big improvement over your logitechs for the price you will be spending  ;D
Unlike PC speakers, the reputable hi-fi shops will ALYWAYS demo these to you before you buy them... just think shoes  ;D

Finally, no matter what you buy, no matter how expensive the toys you get, if the room is acoustically bad (ie. untreated), you just wasted money  ;D
If your source DVD discs/material/media is also bad (ie. f*kes), then you also wasted money on equipment. 

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 at 03:27 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2411 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 03:42 PM »

If you have a HTPC doing the job of processor & DVD player. Consider using dedicated 5 channel power amps directly (not receivers). I got my Rotel power amp from a HTPC user (HTPC direct to power amp) & I could never consider settling for a receiver alone (no power amps) ever since. The SQ was  :o even compared to my powerful (60+k) mid level receiver (w/c later turned into a processor na lang).

Dedicated power amps use torroidal transformers usually found only in expensive P 100+k to flagship receivers that require at least 2 people to carry.

If a 56k Rotel 1075 is not w/in your budget, try to consider this power amp:

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=68465.0

At that price, it will no doubt beat ANY receiver at its same price level in power & SQ. Perfect for HTPC!

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2007 at 03:54 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2412 on: Aug 22, 2007 at 05:11 PM »
Thanks po mga master sa mga replies... Pano po ba ung room ko gawing acoustic treatment?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2413 on: Aug 24, 2007 at 09:13 PM »
Here's an entry level setup:

Receiver: yamaha rxv359 - P11K, the rxv459 is P14K-15K, the rxv659 is P27K
Speakers:
Fronts (L and R): wharfedale diamond 9.1 bookshelf - P5500 per pair (these are sometimes referred to as the best sounding speakers for under $500, or was it $1000)   ;D
Center:  wharfedale diamond 9.cs (or cm) - P5000
Surrounds: wharfedale diamond 9.DFS - P5000 per pair.

That gives you 5.0

For the .1 ...you'll need a subwoofer...would suggest Velodyne, but it is pricey...P24K (8") up.  Some might suggest
DTX...maybe around P5K-P8K...

Whatever sub you choose later in life  ;D If you want to shake the sofa, the room, the dog outside, you need a sub that can do an SPL (sound pressure level) of 75dB at 22Hz minimum.   ;D

If you want to delay the subwoofer, get floorstanders instead of bookshelf.
Floorstanders have better bass than bookshelf.  You can check out the wharfedale 9.5 (P12500 per pair)

And as suggested, you may want to check the buy and sell area...some people are upgrading, so they sell
their older stuff at a good deal (sometimes).   ;D

And before you buy, do try the speakers first (listen to them),
see if they are a big improvement over your logitechs for the price you will be spending  ;D
Unlike PC speakers, the reputable hi-fi shops will ALYWAYS demo these to you before you buy them... just think shoes  ;D

Finally, no matter what you buy, no matter how expensive the toys you get, if the room is acoustically bad (ie. untreated), you just wasted money  ;D
If your source DVD discs/material/media is also bad (ie. f*kes), then you also wasted money on equipment. 

What HK receiver or Yamaha receiver is best? Preferably capable of 7.1 output.  I prefer watching movies than listening to music.  Plan to upgrade my sound system to 9.5s, 9.CS, 9.1 surrounds (better ba 9.dfs for surrounds?), velodyne sub (what is best velodyne sub? a 10" or 12"). Budget 60-80K.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2414 on: Aug 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM »
What HK receiver or Yamaha receiver is best? Preferably capable of 7.1 output.  I prefer watching movies than listening to music.  Plan to upgrade my sound system to 9.5s, 9.CS, 9.1 surrounds (better ba 9.dfs for surrounds?), velodyne sub (what is best velodyne sub? a 10" or 12"). Budget 60-80K.

I have asked that advice also from the people here sa forum, and was told na each amp has it diff characteristics and also the user has different preference.  heard the wharf 9.6 paired with Denon and sounds ok naman ;)

With your budget you can buy a mid level speaker and an entry level amp or a mid level amp and an entry level speaker  ;)  Dagdag ka na lang ng konti and its a mid level amp and a mid level speakers. I think we are in the same boat (SARS). Have been auditioning several mid level speakers lately but narrowed my choices na to three brands  ;)

dami mabait gurus dito sa Pdvd forum (they are currently giving me tips in my search for new speakers)  and i am sure when they read your post they will help you make the right choice.

I was told by a wharf retailer that the evo2 will be released here within the year. fyi  ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2007 at 10:16 PM by vtec3 »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2415 on: Aug 24, 2007 at 10:54 PM »
I have asked that advice also from the people here sa forum, and was told na each amp has it diff characteristics and also the user has different preference.  heard the wharf 9.6 paired with Denon and sounds ok naman ;)

With your budget you can buy a mid level speaker and an entry level amp or a mid level amp and an entry level speaker  ;)  Dagdag ka na lang ng konti and its a mid level amp and a mid level speakers. I think we are in the same boat (SARS). Have been auditioning several mid level speakers lately but narrowed my choices na to three brands  ;)

dami mabait gurus dito sa Pdvd forum (they are currently giving me tips in my search for new speakers)  and i am sure when they read your post they will help you make the right choice.

I was told by a wharf retailer that the evo2 will be released here within the year. fyi  ;)

I might be able to spare max 120K for my upgrade.  What are the mid level amp and mid level speakers ba?  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #2416 on: Aug 25, 2007 at 08:36 AM »
sent you a pm  ;)

Offline archiep

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2417 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 09:45 AM »
Hi guys!

Newbie po ako dito... and lurked around on what is the good setup for me. And below is my short kwento

At first I'm leaning towards AM-10 ng Bose and when I'm in a shop for a good AVR, meron ako nakasabay sa 5th ave sa ParkSquare1 and he told me to register dito sa PinoyDVD. And I'm very glad I did! I was able to read some post regarding BOSE AM-10, so medyo nagiba ng konti ang aking pananaw. Well, even before my brother is discouraging me to get Bose AM-10, to pricey daw and sub-level performance. I also got the chance to read about THE HOME THEATER store here in Makati. Paid them a visit during lunch time, talked to Erica and Butch and they were very helpful to me and they are very much eager to do auditions for me. Then returned in the afternoon with my brother who knows alot in Audio setup... then before I knew it my house is rocking already. hehhehehe

THanks very much to the ideas and learning from the masters... buti na lang at nakapag basa basa ako dito I ended up having a very good setup and the best part is di nagasgas ang Credit Card ko! hehehe

here is my setup
Denon 1507
Wharfedale 9.1, 9cs, 9dfs
velodyne vx-10

Archie

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2418 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM »
Hi guys!

Newbie po ako dito...

... buti na lang at nakapag basa basa ako dito I ended up having a very good setup and the best part is di nagasgas ang Credit Card ko! hehehe

here is my setup
Denon 1507
velodyne vx-10

Congrats!  Magaling ang mga advisers mo, sir!

Kung AM-10 ang kinuha mo, halatang newbie ka nga  :D 

Buti na lang maganda ang mga choices mo...  With that setup, hindi na halatang newbie!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2007 at 10:37 AM by barrister »

Offline glacierfrost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2419 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 11:54 AM »
Anybody here tried the aurum cantus F series? how does the aurum cantus compare with the wharfedales?

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2420 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 12:55 PM »
Hi guys!

here is my setup
Denon 1507
velodyne vx-10

Archie

That's a very good set-up I also have denon and wharfe 9.5 but not on same set-up. I found those performed well especially in HT and also in music.  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2421 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 02:49 PM »
@archiep

Bro newbie lang din me dito. Ask ko lang kung magkano inabot ganyang setup? Can you list the price per item. Thanks... ;)

Offline archiep

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2422 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 03:04 PM »

Congrats!  Magaling ang mga advisers mo, sir!

Kung AM-10 ang kinuha mo, halatang newbie ka nga  :D 

Buti na lang maganda ang mga choices mo...  With that setup, hindi na halatang newbie!  ;D

Ayus no? di ako masyado nagmukha wala alam hehehehe  ;D

Offline archiep

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2423 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 06:24 PM »
@archiep

Bro newbie lang din me dito. Ask ko lang kung magkano inabot ganyang setup? Can you list the price per item. Thanks... ;)

I emailed it in your yahoo...

Archie

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2424 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 08:34 AM »

Archie

Archie,

PM mo din sa akin ung prices.. Hehe.. thanks!

Offline jay_26

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2425 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 09:40 AM »

Archie

Sir thanks for the info.  ;)

Offline chizcake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2426 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 11:42 AM »
sir pwede ako din po, pa email , thanks po
37LD460
BDP1500
RXV-450
A-Audio Tablette 5' FS
WH2 Center
KLH Surround

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2427 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 04:10 PM »
Hi guys!

here is my setup
Denon 1507
velodyne vx-10

Archie

Parang ganito din setup ko. Denon 1507, Diamond 9cm, however my fronts are DTX SB 620 and my sub is DTX 4.15 :D
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2007 at 04:10 PM by threadlock »
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline sanabagan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2428 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 08:51 PM »
gurus, question lang po.... may difference ba ng sound characteristics or quality and diamond 9.2 versus the 9.4? looking at the specs and appearance kasi, they seem to be the same woofer and tweeter, BS nga lang yung isa and FS yung 9.4. aesthetics/form factor lang ba ang pagkakaiba? TIA

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2429 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM »
Usual difference of BS and little big bro. is in bass extension in favor of bigger box but the BS shines in midrange level... most critical listeners called it sweeter upper level... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest