Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 568175 times)

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #2490 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:27 AM »
Sir balak ko po bumili ng 9.1 9cs 9dfs. Sw150 narin po ba bilhin ko na subs? ano po marerecomend nyo na nasa same price range din. thanks

Offline Philjonc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2491 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 07:13 AM »
Sir balak ko po bumili ng 9.1 9cs 9dfs. Sw150 narin po ba bilhin ko na subs? ano po marerecomend nyo na nasa same price range din. thanks
hi trig,
not really familiar with wharf subs, but you can always audition it together with your choice of fronts/center/rears to get a better feel before buying it. OT pero why not also try daiichi subs, I think mababa lang price pang HT lang naman gamit mo.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2492 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 11:01 AM »

the general concensus with the sw150 is that it's excellent for music but somewhat lacking in HT. it has a tendency to disappear making it easy to integrate with the wharfe line, a good attribute for music apps... but a weakness for some when it comes to HT.

the mordaunt carnival 10" sub is also available for almost the same price and a better performer for HT and from what i've heard of it might be easy to integrate for music apps also. for a bit more dough, there is the velodyne vx-10 II w/c owners swear by on its bang for the buck performance.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2493 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:09 PM »
the general concensus with the sw150 is that it's excellent for music but somewhat lacking in HT. it has a tendency to disappear making it easy to integrate with the wharfe line, a good attribute for music apps... but a weakness for some when it comes to HT.

the mordaunt carnival 10" sub is also available for almost the same price and a better performer for HT and from what i've heard of it might be easy to integrate for music apps also. for a bit more dough, there is the velodyne vx-10 II w/c owners swear by on its bang for the buck performance.

When you talk about Wharfedale fanatics, this guy is one of them. 8)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2494 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:47 PM »
have you tried to dialed-up the gain of SW150 in HT?.. maybe it can keep-up with the pace.  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2495 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
ooops... i don't have the sw150, but it was on my shortlist when i was shopping around for my sub. did some research on that so i have read feedbacks about its performance. for HT, it seems dialing up won't do much good as it has a tendency to break up and plop around if driven quite hard. i have seen and heard it actually do this.

there was a time there was a glut of sw150's here for very good prices, and i was tempted to get one na rin sana kaya lang i don' t have the space for another sub.

When you talk about Wharfedale fanatics, this guy is one of them. 8) 

hehe... not really. more like a budget speaker fanatic. also dig the mordaunt short carnival line for their transparency and attack especially for ht applications. i'm more into the diamond line also coz of the bang-for-the-buck price. evos may be nice but they're quite pricey, though i was also tempted to get one from the 2nd hand market (though it was virtually an unused unit).
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:13 PM by gearhead »

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2496 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:09 PM »
I also got a chanced to listen to it in the showroom but not that long to test it completely, actually it was on sale and almost tempted me to get one. Considering it's power and not very imprssive specs I just thought that my FS will just drown it.... ;D  :o
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #2497 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 01:51 PM »
actually doc, naka-sched na yan. dinadama ko lang maigi kasi baka lumabas ulit ako. e di maalikabukan lang sa bahay dahil ala namang hilig si esmi. :( :( :'(

i smell a 9.6  :o :o :o

welcome chief tuliiiiiiiis!!!

congrats sir dyerds!!! meron din akong 9.1..... ganda niyan pag na break-in.

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2498 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 05:52 PM »

hehe... not really. more like a budget speaker fanatic. also dig the mordaunt short carnival line for their transparency and attack especially for ht applications. i'm more into the diamond line also coz of the bang-for-the-buck price. evos may be nice but they're quite pricey, though i was also tempted to get one from the 2nd hand market (though it was virtually an unused unit).
[/quote]

actually, a member PM me about the evo40 and he got it quickly. sayang mura naman diba meron kana sana collection of wharf floorstanders... :D

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2499 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 06:51 PM »
actually, a member PM me about the evo40 and he got it quickly. sayang mura naman diba meron kana sana collection of wharf floorstanders... :D

i was looking for an evo30 previously coz it might offer better performance than the diamond 9.5, given it's a notch higher in the wharfe quality level. i have a height limit to observe kasi coz of the pj screen so the evo40 will be a tight fit. the 9.5 and evo30 is about the same height as it is with the 9.6 and evo40. haven't heard the 40 yet but i think i will stay with my diamond 9.6 given the separate dome mid of the latter.

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2500 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 08:51 PM »
nag-semi audiotion ako ng speakers kanina. nde ako audiophile so pasensya na hehe

Q-acous. 1020(tested w/o subs) - out of my price range. Pero very clear yung sounds nya pero kelangan ng subs para sa bass. parang mas-bagay sya sa music

wharfe 9.1 (tested w/o subs) - kht walang subs ok sya. good for both music and ht. Parang floorstander kung magperform. may nakasabay akong fellow pdvd member pero nde ko natanong yung name. 9.1 daw gamit nya dati at bitin nga daw yung sw150. he sugested us audio.

Mordaunt carnival 3(not sure basta yng bs) - parang talo sya sa quality ng sound compared sa wharf. parang loud lng sya. nung sinamahan ng carnival 9, nagimprove but I still prefer the wharfs

Mordaunt carnival 6/7 + carnival 9 - maganda sya pero umiiwas ako sa fs kc alanganin sa room ko at sa budget ko.

Jamo - tested several models, mura + pogi pero nde ko nagustuhan. yun lng hehe

So far, eto yung balak ko,

9cs
9dfs
cardinal 9? us audio?

subs nlng yung hindi ako makadecide. hindi ko pa natry yung sw150 pero based sa feedback dito, bitin daw. Patulong naman mga wharfe fanatics  ;D

Offline Philjonc

• Collector
  • I just love music...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2501 on: Sep 25, 2007 at 06:35 AM »
ok yan set-up na naisip mo, wharfs.For me when you talk about Mordaunts, I prefer the avant series specially yung 902i BS which is highly rated. Maliit lang pero very wide soundstage pwede kahit audio maganda. The carnivals are lively, makalansing ok pang HT application mejo manipis lang lalo na yung center. For me kasi the life of HT is in the center and subs eh. Dapat malaki sound coming from the center speaker para buo yung labas ng boses di masakit sa tenga. Meron weight. I dont know jamo pero I dont think ok yung nilalabas nila sa mga mall, I saw one which has very cheap construction.

Offline bobskiee

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2502 on: Sep 25, 2007 at 02:51 PM »
nice story archie, same nga pala tayo setup ang kaiba lang ang sub. btw... hows the performance ng velodyne vx-10 and how much?
Hi guys!

Newbie po ako dito... and lurked around on what is the good setup for me. And below is my short kwento

At first I'm leaning towards AM-10 ng Bose and when I'm in a shop for a good AVR, meron ako nakasabay sa 5th ave sa ParkSquare1 and he told me to register dito sa PinoyDVD. And I'm very glad I did! I was able to read some post regarding BOSE AM-10, so medyo nagiba ng konti ang aking pananaw. Well, even before my brother is discouraging me to get Bose AM-10, to pricey daw and sub-level performance. I also got the chance to read about THE HOME THEATER store here in Makati. Paid them a visit during lunch time, talked to Erica and Butch and they were very helpful to me and they are very much eager to do auditions for me. Then returned in the afternoon with my brother who knows alot in Audio setup... then before I knew it my house is rocking already. hehhehehe

THanks very much to the ideas and learning from the masters... buti na lang at nakapag basa basa ako dito I ended up having a very good setup and the best part is di nagasgas ang Credit Card ko! hehehe

here is my setup
Denon 1507
Wharfedale 9.1, 9cs, 9dfs
velodyne vx-10

Archie

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2503 on: Sep 25, 2007 at 04:36 PM »
Sir bobskiee, ano po yung subs na gamit mo?

I've been hearing a lot of good things about dtx 4.10. san po ngtitinda ng mura nito saka san po pwede i-audition? mas maganda ba ito kesa carnival 9 at wharf sw-150?
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2007 at 09:00 PM by Trig »

Offline archiep

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2504 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 09:05 AM »
nice story archie, same nga pala tayo setup ang kaiba lang ang sub. btw... hows the performance ng velodyne vx-10 and how much?

Oks naman po ang performance ng Vx-10S2 happy naman po ako sa kanya...

Got it for around 14k ata discounted price...

Archie

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2505 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 09:23 AM »
i used to own a wharf sw150.  IMO, its ok for music but medyo bitin when it comes to ht. Especialy when you crank it up.  I replaced it with dtx 4.15 which i got from a fellow pdvd member.  I immediately saw the difference, lalo na sa size.  Its really huge and ok sya, esp for ht, ang lakas and could go really low.  Pag sa music, boomy, but you can always tone it down.  But i don't really use a sub for music, so ok lang.  You can try to look for this sub sa marketplace.  Sa groupbuy kasi nila nabili to and im not sure if dai-ichi still makes them.

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2506 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:00 AM »
naku sobrang laki po kc ng 4.15. balak ko sana 4.10 lng or 4.12 cguro kung mas ok sya sa sw-150.

Offline kane

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2507 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:33 AM »
naku sobrang laki po kc ng 4.15. balak ko sana 4.10 lng or 4.12 cguro kung mas ok sya sa sw-150.

you're right.  sobra laki nung 4.15.  i suggest mga 12 inch if may mahanap ka.  Mahirap na mabitin.  Mas lalo mapapalaki gastos. You can always tone it down naman. 

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2508 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM »
Sir Trig:

Sa tingin ko, you have to factor in the room size first before making your decision. 

SW-150 performs well in small rooms.  Sayang kung OK na pala sa yo ang SW-150 kasi it has a good design, has good materials, and has a very good price (medyo underpowered nga lang). 
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007 at 10:40 AM by barrister »

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #2509 on: Sep 26, 2007 at 11:15 PM »
If you are on a budget sir and looking for a good performing sub you can try Velo subs. Try nyo po sa The Home Theater sa Tordesillas, Makati if you have time. You can call tell them that you want to audition some equipment.

VX10 po sa tingin ko is for people who is for clarity kasi po hindi sya ganun ka-boomy pero the sub really do his job (This is what I have now and I'm very much satisfied.) and budget wise...okay na okay.
CHT-10r sub is the man sir. You can't really ask more on this sub. Budget wise...if you have it...it's around P25k

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2007 at 11:29 PM by dyerds »

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2510 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 12:23 AM »
Sir Trig:

Sa tingin ko, you have to factor in the room size first before making your decision. 

SW-150 performs well in small rooms.  Sayang kung OK na pala sa yo ang SW-150 kasi it has a good design, has good materials, and has a very good price (medyo underpowered nga lang). 

yung room ko po sa tingin ko around 9x10 or 8x9 ft. nde ko alam kung anu sa sq.m yun  ??? yung ceiling around 11-12ft cguro. I have no idea kng ilang inch dapat bilhin ko na subs at kung anong brand ang pagpipiliian. any sugestions?

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #2511 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 01:34 AM »

In home theater, a room not exceeding 12 square meters is considered a small room.  Your room is about 9 square meters.

For a small room, I recommend a 10 inch sub.  Suggested brands -- mid-priced: Velodyne, Klipsch; low-priced: Wharfe.

Stay away from Mordaunt-Short.  Terrible service. http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=42532.0

Offline Trig

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2512 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 02:58 AM »
Sir, san po available ang velo vx-10s2?

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2513 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 03:00 AM »
i'm sure everyone will point you to SGT's The Home Theater. look for butch.

Offline r_Y_@_n

• DVD Addict
  • andre marcus
  • Liked:
« Reply #2514 on: Sep 27, 2007 at 10:02 PM »
Sir, san po available ang velo vx-10s2?

i think architectural audio also has the Velo VX10S2...  ;)

Offline Ferl

• Collector
  • Thats me!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2515 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 08:57 AM »
tama sa SGT. i got mine from there through butch ayos ka deal.

i'm sure everyone will point you to SGT's The Home Theater. look for butch.

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #2516 on: Sep 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM »
someone bought a 9.1 last week! magparamdam ka naman!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2517 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 07:40 AM »
Sirs, saan ang SGT? (What does SGT mean ? :))

Offline Ferl

• Collector
  • Thats me!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2518 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 08:18 AM »
Sirs, saan ang SGT? (What does SGT mean ? :))

try this one i hope this one will help you.

http://www.hometheater.com.ph/contact.htm

Offline mm2002

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2519 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Thanks Sir Jojo for lending me your Diamond 9.1  (8 months) lalong kumikinang habang tumatagal, may kapalit na bro 2 sets of 9.1,  so far so good.  Good Buy din yung wharfs from Sir Stoned lalo na yung 9.3 swerte nung nagmamayari  :D, kumpleto na ata diamond series ko from Diamond 7 to 9 series  ;D ;D ;D