Author Topic: Hyundai DVD Player  (Read 2964 times)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hyundai DVD Player
« on: May 14, 2003 at 09:04 PM »
Hello fellow DVDers,
I’ve recently visited Listening in style and chanced upon their newly arrived HYUNDAI progressive scan DVD player from Korea which just costs 6.5T. At first glance it was packaged like a NEXT BASE DVD9000 but with bold letters PROGRESSIVE SCAN! I was attended at enthusiastically by the staff and a young lady who I understand was the wife of Jeff the owner. I was able to play with it a little while. It is as slim as a NEXTBASE DVD 9000 and had a good black remote control unit but a little bit smaller than the NB. The setup menu is similar to the NB but with a progressive scan feature at the video section. It claims to play CD, CDR, CDRW, VCD, SVCD, DVD, *DVD, DVDR, DVDRW, MP3, PAL converter but it wasn’t stated if it plays JPEG files like the NB. When you turn it on, the default graphic is EXCELLENT having a reddish to black hue harmony with a big logo DVD, which for me is very classy! The setup is just like the NB. On the unit there are buttons similar to the NB but no KARAOKE functions. But I believe this player is for the video buff rather than the Karaoke buff. I informed Alfie about this and said…That’s OK but do we need it? Guess he’s right, one has to have a HDTV compatible unit to fully utilize its feature. Moreover Alfie said, That’s a cool 100T to attain a good one. So if you have an HDTV compatible unit ( DRC WEGAs, REAR Projection, DLP, LCD, CRT ) and your budget conscious…better check on this!
 ;D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Hyundai DVD Player
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003 at 11:53 AM »
This is probably a Nextbase clone, since RobertJ reported the following;
The new NB slim uses a new chipset. The Mediatek MT1379. This chipset is progressive scan capable. But I'm not sure if NB uses this feature on their unit.

If your'e really interested in a progscan capable DVD player, I'd suggest you wait for the Nextbase model, Php 6,500.00 may seem affordable, but still a pricey tag for a player whose only advantage(well not really) is it's progscan capability.

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003 at 12:34 PM »
kelan ang expected na labas ng new model ng NB?

Offline bestbuy88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 06:51 AM »
noticed this yesterday while shopping at tutuban automatic cneter:

the KONKA dvd player and the HYUNDAI slim dvd player are EXACTLY THE SAME PHYSICALLY. From the prints of the characters to the location of buttons... everything EXCEPT for the logo of the brand.

Konka at 3,990pesos

Hyundai at 4,990pesos

buyers, beware.

Re: progressive scan DVD player branded AVLink available at image harison plaza, they tagged it yesterday as SALE FOR 4,400PESOS ONLY.

is it worthy? i dont know..... With Nextbase DVD9000/slim only at 3,400pesos two weeks ago (and probably still nosediving), the nextbase seems "unbeatable" in terms of money for value.

Offline gutierrez

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 07:01 AM »
Ito ba yun nakita mo?

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 12:46 PM »
hindi iyan. nakita ko is the typical all silver aluminum chasis with a round control ring on the right hand side which houses the play pause rewind and fast forward buttons.

Offline gutierrez

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 12:07 AM »
alin yun japeks dun Hyundai or Konka?

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 08:37 AM »
my honest opinion:

konka is a real tv maker company.

hyundai, as far as this audio video gadget is concerned, is NAKIKI-HYUNDAI OF KOREA LAMANG.

therefore, without much investigation, my instinct will tell me that Konka is a more reliable original equipment manufacturer.

while the hyundai in this audio video thread, is naki-paste lang ng logo.

peace.

Offline Bruce

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 01:24 PM »
I beg to disagree.  Automatic Centre already released the Hyundai series 260a for DVD and VCD.  The picture posted is GENUINE HYUNDAI.  Hindi nakikihyundai lamang.  Try emailing the support of Hyundai.

If you really want to match head to head the nextbase and hyundai, try the PAL version of Species 2.  It won't play on your ever famous Nextbase but will play with ease on the Hyundai.

I own a hyundai 560A.  And I tested it head to head with a Pioneer 355, Nextbase 9000, Nexphil and Philips.  It is beyond par.  For a progressive scan dvd player, THIS IS DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

Offline Bruce

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 01:32 PM »
This is probably a Nextbase clone, since RobertJ reported the following;If your'e really interested in a progscan capable DVD player, I'd suggest you wait for the Nextbase model, Php 6,500.00 may seem affordable, but still a pricey tag for a player whose only advantage(well not really) is it's progscan capability.

It's not a nextbase clone!  Before I bought a dvd player, I tested all the most talked about here - Pioneer, Philips, Nextbase, Nexphil.  I brought my troublesome DVDs and played it all on them.  Only the Hyundai 560A played all.  The sound and video is uncomparable to a Nextbase, since it's a progressive dvd player.

Offline gutierrez

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 01:40 PM »
It's not a nextbase clone!  Before I bought a dvd player, I tested all the most talked about here - Pioneer, Philips, Nextbase, Nexphil.  I brought my troublesome DVDs and played it all on them.  Only the Hyundai 560A played all.  The sound and video is uncomparable to a Nextbase, since it's a progressive dvd player.

Pare I want to buy the same model that you have, my only concern is, paano pag nasira, meron ba service center yan dito?

Offline Bruce

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 02:00 PM »
Golden Sound and Listening Room said they will assist and repair.  And with the recent introduction at Automatic Centre, I am definite they know where to have this serviced as well.   8)  PARE I'VE NEVER ENJOYED WATCHING DVD BEFORE UNTIL NOW. . . . .You won't regret it!!!

Do what I did, bring your troublesome DVDs and play it on the top three DVD player of your choice.  Then the fourth must be the Hyundai 560A.  You will notice the difference.  Sana meron ka nung Species 2 na PAL.  Eto yung ayaw mag play sa Nextbase, Nexphil, Philips and Pioneer.  Sa Hyundai, SISIW!!!

And if you're low on budget, you can check out the 260A model at Automatic Centre.  P4990 ata.

« Last Edit: Jul 07, 2003 at 02:28 PM by potter »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2003 at 04:07 PM »

I was talking about the Mediatek MT 1379, which is progscan capable.
Nextbase used this chipset but did not maximized the capabilities, hence I suggested to wait for the Nextbase model that has the progscan capability.

Offline Bruce

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 09, 2003 at 04:07 PM »
Ok.  Regarding Hyundai's only advantage is it's progscan capability, I beg to disagree again.  Korea has been known to produce better products than China.  Sometimes it also competes with Japanese made ones.  Hyundai and Samsung are two known brands.  Aside from this fact, the 560A and its remote commander is much smaller also.  And most importantly, it doesn't choose its discs.  All the troublesome discs I brought along played well on this unit compared to a Pioneer, Nexbase, Nexphil or Philips.  In fact, 1 disc that played on the Hyundai with clear picture and crisp sound did not play at all on the other brands.  The blue error message was, "The format of this DVD disc is unrecognizable and cannot be played on this unit."

Look, guys, try to see it for yourselves.  I'm not here to contest the existing known brands.  I myself have used them also.  I'm only giving everybody a new choice and experience a difference.  

THE HYUNDAI DVD CAN BE SEEN AT Golden Sound(jimmy/rodel/cris), Listening Room (Oliver), or Automatic Centre (Greenhills) ;)
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2003 at 04:10 PM by potter »

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2003 at 07:04 AM »
Mr. Sonny Tuazon (hometheather, Salcedo Vill, Makati)recommends this unit together with Nexphil for entry level dvd player matched for yamaha, denon and onkyo receivers.

Offline gutierrez

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llamas!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2003 at 07:17 AM »
ok din naman yang hyundai dvd, the problem is wala naman sila service center dito unlike other known brands.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2003 at 07:39 AM »
Kebao KB-3089 is also a progscan capable DVD player

Selling price is Php 3.9 K, the distributor has a 3 months change unit policy, 2 years parts and services warranty and lifetime services warranty. ;) ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2005 at 11:12 PM »
I was inside SM Appliance Center yesterday and I saw a huge pile of Hyundai DVD Players on sale for less than 3,000 pesos. Unfortunately, since I had my family with me I couldn't find the time to ask for this player's features.

Anyone here tried this player? It looks like it has a Skyworth fascia.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2005 at 11:55 PM »
If the price is cheap with good features then I might consider since I wanted a 2nd DVD unit for my living room. Hope someone could post more info on this product :)

Offline mongaddi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Trapped inside this Octavarium
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 24, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
multi region na kaya to?

how much na lang ba the "greenhills" dvd players in comparison?
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2005 at 11:25 AM by mongaddi »
I've been trying to justify you.
In the end I will just defy you.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 25, 2005 at 04:21 AM »
From what I've heard about greenhills players, it has the same price point of the Hyundai. Sayang lang talaga I never got to ask about the player. Hopefully someone here will be able to find out for us. I'll try to go back later in the day too, but with the SONA I don't think I'll be able to go out.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2005 at 04:34 AM by indie boi »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 04:01 PM »
I looked at this player again today. it's the Hyundai HDP-280K. This is progressive scan-capable but does not support HDCD like other Hyundai players. It also doesn't say if it has DTS out. At 2750 pesos it really looks interesting.

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 15, 2005 at 10:04 AM »
This looks interesting.  Any reviews/experience from owners of this unit?
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS