Author Topic: Curse Of The Ring (Ring of the Nibelungs)  (Read 1949 times)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Curse Of The Ring (Ring of the Nibelungs)
« on: Jul 27, 2005 at 01:33 PM »

Saw this title at Astro for 850 I think.  I failed to catch this on its theatrical run. Based on the Wagner opera that also served to inspire Tolkien's LOTR,  is it worth it?  . For some reason, it's not listed at Amazon as of this writing, but is listed at an Australian DVD  site for about 26 Aust $. 
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2005 at 01:34 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: Curse Of The Ring (Ring of the Nibelungs)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 01:57 PM »
Didn't get to see this either during its theater run. Actually, I never meant to. The trailer was on the border between bad and so-so, plus I read in an Inquirer review that the male lead's acting was bland.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 02:19 PM »
Didn't get to see this either during its theater run. Actually, I never meant to. The trailer was on the border between bad and so-so, plus I read in an Inquirer review that the male lead's acting was bland.

I watched this and I can say that it will be a waste of money to buy this. They even changed the title. When it was showing in the theaters, it was just Ring of the Nibelungs. I guess the title reflected badly on the movie so they now put Curse of the Ring. It's just like watching Hercules, the TV series a few years back when you watch this.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 02:28 PM »
It is actually mutli-titled in different countries.  It's also called the Sword of Xanten.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 02:56 PM »
It is actually mutli-titled in different countries.  It's also called the Sword of Xanten.

Ganun ba? If I remember it right, when it was showing in theaters, the "Curse of the Ring" title was not used. It was only "Ring of the Nibelungs". I became interested in this movie when I watched the director being interviewed in Tomorrow Today News program, but after watching this, wala, nawalan na ako ng gana kahit nandun si Kristanna Loken ;D.

Offline diver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2005 at 03:14 PM »
I saw this at the Bose showroom in Festival Mall.  This was the one that they kept on playing over and over again.  I asked them kung ano title ng movie and they said it was Ring of the Nibelungs.

Since my husband was the one looking and asking stuff from the sales person there, biglang may I watch ako sa movie.  At first it looked interesting and then it got boring.  Sometimes parang computer generated nga yung mga characters ( hmmmm maybe it's because they were playing a pirated copy  ::) ). 

I was tempted to say, sayang naman yang ganda ng sound system at plasma tv ( although parang hindi ko maalala if it was a plasma nga but it looks like one ) ninyo, the "p" copy does not do it justice  >:D
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."