Author Topic: How to burn DVD with subs  (Read 1653 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
How to burn DVD with subs
« on: Jul 30, 2005 at 11:26 AM »
I'm trying to learn how to burn downloaded video files to DVD. I recently got an AVI file with a separate subtitle file with a .sub extension.

How do I convert these files and then burn it to a DVD with the subtitle included? By the way, there's also an included .idx file, which I don't know the use for.

Offline p.dividdy2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How to burn DVD with subs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2005 at 07:04 PM »
install vobsub
convert the avi file to mpeg using tmpgenc..automatic na ang vobsub na hard coded na yung subs sa pic..then use nero to burn the s.o.b. >:D!

make sure filename of  *.avi and *.sub are the same for it to work.

good luck!
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 12:06 AM »
but this method hardcodes the subs on the video, right? i was also looking for a solution on how to burn a dvd with selectable subs from a .srt source. i got dvd-lab pro, but looks like for this method, you'll have to dissect the .avi or .mpg file and separate the video and audio, then import the .vob file and .wav or .mp3 file into dvd-lab pro for authoring. dvd-lab pro does let you specify the .srt files for the subs though.

still, a bit too complicated for the casual burner. nero works fine if you just want to burn your video files into dvd format, but i wish there was a way it could include the subs.
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2005 at 05:24 PM »
indie boi, just found a simple piece of software that will do what we want.

http://www.vso-software.fr/divxtodvd/divxtodvd2.htm

no bells or whistles, and definitely not a powerful dvd authoring tool. it does the job that we want though - takes pretty much any video file in a popular format and burns it as dvd-video, with an option for subtitles. the subs should be in SRT format though. if you have IDX/SUB subs, you have to use vobsub and do a subresync. you'll have to "teach" it to recognize the text (just type whatever is displayed), and it'll learn pretty quickly.

i don't think the VSO software supports menus and all the fancy dvd things, but if you just wanted to make a disc with subtitles to play in any dvd player, this will do the trick.

if anybody else has better suggestions, we're all ears :)
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline lekxxz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 09:07 PM »
Try DVD Lab Pro.

It's a great software which allows you to add several audio tracks as well as subtitle tracks.
You can also try Ulead DVD Workshop 2.