Author Topic: CD-R King Bad Policy  (Read 72232 times)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
Re: CD-R King Bad Policy
« Reply #120 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 12:38 PM »
Bought again from SM Valenzuela yesterday. When I got there medyo madami tao, but when the sales clerks saw me they acknowledged my presence and said "Hi Kuya! Hindi mo yata kasama mga kids mo?".  ;D "Tapusin ko lang sandali ito Kuya", she said while attending to another customer.

Then a group of teenagers came and were asking questions like "Miss, ano pinagkaiba nun 6 pesos at 8 pesos?", "Mas ok ba ang burn pag si Garfield kaysa kay Mickey Mouse?".  ;D ;D ;D

I thought the clerks would be unruly but they respectfully replied, "Depende kasi sa writer nyo yan sir, minsan kahit na mahal yun blank na ginamit hindi maganda ang burn sa ibang writer".

Looks like this thread and many other threads from other forums have punched through CD-R King's management and taught their employees how to be polite and treat their customers.  ;D ;D ;D

Or is it just this branch?  ::)

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #121 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 12:58 PM »
Baka kc kasu-sweldo lang ng mga yun hehehe

Or baka dumating na yung 13th month.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 02:10 PM »
Baka kc kasu-sweldo lang ng mga yun hehehe

Or baka dumating na yung 13th month.

Baka nga  ::). Pero I have asked my neighbors to "observe" the clerk's attitude and so far all is good naman.

Sana nga palagi na sila ganyan, kapag mabait sila for sure yun mga customers hindi na magwawala sa gigil.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline budgijie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #123 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 02:47 PM »
A question for those victimized by the "Bad Policy". Do you still buy from CD-R King? If so, why? I generally blacklist companies from my life if they wrong me.

CD-R King lang kasi nagbebenta ng cd for as low as 8 pesos.

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 03:30 PM »

CD-R King lang kasi nagbebenta ng cd for as low as 8 pesos.

ah eh di po ... ako nagbebenta ng blank cd for 7 per piece
may iba pang stores dyan can sell low prices..

Offline snapy

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 03:32 PM »
Bought again from SM Valenzuela yesterday. When I got there medyo madami tao, but when the sales clerks saw me they acknowledged my presence and said "Hi Kuya! Hindi mo yata kasama mga kids mo?".  ;D "Tapusin ko lang sandali ito Kuya", she said while attending to another customer.

Then a group of teenagers came and were asking questions like "Miss, ano pinagkaiba nun 6 pesos at 8 pesos?", "Mas ok ba ang burn pag si Garfield kaysa kay Mickey Mouse?".  ;D ;D ;D

I thought the clerks would be unruly but they respectfully replied, "Depende kasi sa writer nyo yan sir, minsan kahit na mahal yun blank na ginamit hindi maganda ang burn sa ibang writer".

Looks like this thread and many other threads from other forums have punched through CD-R King's management and taught their employees how to be polite and treat their customers.  ;D ;D ;D

Or is it just this branch?  ::)

e pano naman.. wla kasing porciento ung mga nagbebenta dyan.. dapat may 5% share cla sa sales..
and also observe other stols.. baka dyan nga lang sa branch na yan
or pinalitan na mga tao nila..

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 04:42 PM »
snapy,

the clerks there are still the ones posted since the mall opened last year (or 2 years ago, not sure).

mamya punta ako ulit to buy dvd-r and will see kung good/bad mood sila.  ;D ;D ;D

musta na kaya customer relations sa ibang branch?  ::)

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jan 03, 2007 at 02:17 PM »
The salesperson on SM BAcoor CDRKing somehow need to understand the meaning of good morals and right conduct. They seems to be pressured pagmadami na nakapila and the attitude is quite different? Tired maybe. Understandable.  But thats the nature of their business and thats how they profit.  The worst I saw is one of the attending personel is eating chippy while selling dvds and exchanging money to the customers, then dips back her finger to the chips straight to her mouth then holds the dvds and money again and again and again. Too bad, but she manage to wipe her fingers naman sa pants nya when selecting the dvds....hehehe.  :o

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 01:09 AM »
Medyo OT, pero ang ganda ng "gold" Verbatim CD-Rs na nabili ko sa CD-R King. Parang yung "vinyl" yung feel ng taas nung CD-R, albeit gold sya.

Offline Blu-Ray

• Trade Count: (+163)
  • DVD Addict
  • More titles coming
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Mar 04, 2007 at 12:11 PM »
Just got photo paper last week for P60 per pack to try lang. Sadly...out of 20 pcs, 15 ang defected. May mga uka uka ang surface...baka masira pa print head ko nito. So guys, u better check what ur buying ha b4 paying :) Wala daw sila warranty dito eh. Thou tried ko din P125 per pack nila and ok naman.
More titles coming soon...

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Apr 23, 2007 at 07:52 PM »
Is the Cash Invoice slip given by the CDRKing can be considered as Official Receipt? They are imposing EVAT.

Thanks.

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Apr 24, 2007 at 11:17 AM »
Is the Cash Invoice slip given by the CDRKing can be considered as Official Receipt? They are imposing EVAT.

Thanks.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Apr 27, 2007 at 05:03 PM »
I think it has to be labeled as an OR and should have TIN, etc.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 06:59 PM »
lumipat na sa mas malaking stall yun branch sa sm valenzuela!  ;D dami stocks parang sa moa branch nila.

mabait naman yun mga clerks, especially yun mga dati na pero yun mga bago medyo snobbish...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #134 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 08:05 PM »
I've bought stuff out of 5 different CD-R King outlets and there's definitely a consensus. All shop personnel from these different branches don't know what the hell they're selling. All they know is:

1. Stand behind counter.
2. Wait for customer to ask for item from shelf.
3. Get item from shelf.
4. Get money from customer.
5. Package item and distribute to customer. Give change to customer when applicable.

-Addendum-

1. Only one employee on duty per day. The rest can sit down and eat/gossip with each other during the entire shift.
2. Do not entertain questions from customers.

That's the CD-R King employee manual  ;D Too bad great shops can't have great service.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 01:26 PM »
OMB orders CD-R King to pay P1.5M for illegal importation

By Erwin Oliva
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 17:46:00 02/05/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- The Optical Media Board (OMB) has ordered CD-R King, one of the country’s biggest suppliers of optical media and related technology products, to pay P1.5 million in administrative penalties.

This was after the OMB, through the Bureau of Customs, found that the company was allegedly importing optical media discs without proper import permits from the agency, according to Cyrus Valenzuela, officer-in-charge of legal service division of OMB, in an interview.

The OMB sent its order Tuesday to CD-R King, informing them of their administrative violation of provisions of Republic Act 9239, or the Optical Media Act of 2003.

CD-R King is a registered company allowed by the OMB to import blank, rewritable optical discs. Valenzuela said that the OMB is also seeking the cancellation of the license of CD-R King to sell optical media in the country. CD-R King, however, still has a chance to appeal to OMB about the cancellation of its license, the government executive said.

The OMB has asked the CD-R King to produce a report of optical media discs they have brought into the country.

“They were ordered to give their inventory for the past three years The law requires them to maintain inventory of up to five years,” the government executive said.

The Bureau of Customs seized optical media discs on January 21 allegedly being imported by CD-R King, which OMB later found to be lacking proper import permits.

Coincidentally, OMB has recently conducted its “validation inspection” to verify a tip it received that the same company was using unlicensed software in its operations in the country.

“We were disappointed to find that CD-R King might be using pirated software in their operations,” said Atty. Rosendo Meneses, Executive Director of the Optical Media Board, in a separate interview.

OMB is now verifying the software inspected in CD-R King branches if they’re indeed legitimate software, the government executive said.

At least 20 agents of the OMB were sent to branches of CD-R King, namely SM Fairview, Park Square, MRT Ayala Station, Starmall, SM Marilao, Trinoma, SM Megamall and SM Valenzuela.

The OMB’s inspection sought to verify allegations that CD-R King was using pirated software, the agency said. This was also after they’ve conducted their own surveillance of the company.

Valenzuela said CD-R King is given until end of the week to show that they were not using any unlicensed software.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #136 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 01:49 PM »
Oh man, this is a big blow for CD-R King. Tho they are the king but that doesn't mean they can simply get away from the law. ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 06:52 PM »
maybe prices of blank discs may go up...

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
« Reply #138 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 09:10 AM »
I went to mrt and glorietta branch a few days ago and I noticed that they dont have dvd-rs and only a few more cd-rs. The people queueing is also a handful.

After reading this now I know why, But the king always finds ways around.  I remember a local distributor(?) filed a case against them. After shelling out a hefty fine, they were back in business when the smoke cleared.

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #139 on: Feb 08, 2008 at 11:18 PM »
It's sad, but that's the way it is here with the law...money talks!!! :-\

Offline p.dividdy2

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Feb 09, 2008 at 04:15 PM »
tama papasakan lang ng pera ang bunganga ng taga omb tapos ang problema!
sana mga empleyado ng cdr ang inusisa nila para gumanda serbisyo ahahaha!
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Feb 10, 2008 at 06:07 AM »
Hindi naman kaya mga walang alam ang salesperson nila kaya ganoon na lang sila ka-suplado para iwas sa tanong?  ;D ;D ;D
There's something to learn everyday

Offline aj-x44

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 02, 2008 at 04:05 AM »
out of stock na mga dvd rs nila d2 sa mall of asia, 1 brand nalang natira!

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 05:24 PM »
yun mga nagbabalak na mag venture into cdr and dvdr selling now is the time to setup shop!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #144 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 05:49 PM »
OMB orders CD-R King to pay P1.5M for illegal importation

By Erwin Oliva
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 17:46:00 02/05/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- The Optical Media Board (OMB) has ordered CD-R King, one of the country’s biggest suppliers of optical media and related technology products, to pay P1.5 million in administrative penalties.

This was after the OMB, through the Bureau of Customs, found that the company was allegedly importing optical media discs without proper import permits from the agency, according to Cyrus Valenzuela, officer-in-charge of legal service division of OMB, in an interview.

The OMB sent its order Tuesday to CD-R King, informing them of their administrative violation of provisions of Republic Act 9239, or the Optical Media Act of 2003.

CD-R King is a registered company allowed by the OMB to import blank, rewritable optical discs. Valenzuela said that the OMB is also seeking the cancellation of the license of CD-R King to sell optical media in the country. CD-R King, however, still has a chance to appeal to OMB about the cancellation of its license, the government executive said.

The OMB has asked the CD-R King to produce a report of optical media discs they have brought into the country.

“They were ordered to give their inventory for the past three years The law requires them to maintain inventory of up to five years,” the government executive said.

The Bureau of Customs seized optical media discs on January 21 allegedly being imported by CD-R King, which OMB later found to be lacking proper import permits.

Coincidentally, OMB has recently conducted its “validation inspection” to verify a tip it received that the same company was using unlicensed software in its operations in the country.

“We were disappointed to find that CD-R King might be using pirated software in their operations,” said Atty. Rosendo Meneses, Executive Director of the Optical Media Board, in a separate interview.

OMB is now verifying the software inspected in CD-R King branches if they’re indeed legitimate software, the government executive said.

At least 20 agents of the OMB were sent to branches of CD-R King, namely SM Fairview, Park Square, MRT Ayala Station, Starmall, SM Marilao, Trinoma, SM Megamall and SM Valenzuela.

The OMB’s inspection sought to verify allegations that CD-R King was using pirated software, the agency said. This was also after they’ve conducted their own surveillance of the company.

Valenzuela said CD-R King is given until end of the week to show that they were not using any unlicensed software.

I remember one article of Conrado De Quiros in the PDI, lambasting OMB (then chaired by Bong Revilla) for having pirated software installed on OMB computers.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
CD-R King Bad Policy
« Reply #145 on: Mar 11, 2014 at 06:46 PM »
My letter via email to CDR King:

Greetings CDR King.

I am one of your regular customers of your products. Recently last December 29, 2013, i purchased an aroma diffuser from your Kenko brance at Ever Commonwealth QC, as a gift for my family. A photocopy of the sales invoice 40121 is attached. It ceased to function on January 19, 2014 so i brought it back on January 21, 2014 at the same outlet for repair. Also attached herein is service form control number 93008. Your tech crew gave me a call after a week and told me that there are no parts available so i waited another 2 weeks. Being said, i gave them a call and i was informed that there are still no parts available. I went back to your Ever Commonwealth branch and informed them of such. They said they will do their best to followup my repair problem. Again, after a few weeks of waiting, i went back a while ago to said branch and was informed that i have to wait for a replacement part to arrive. I told them that i cannot wait any longer. I requested for a change of item instead but was told that it is not possible.

Hence, i am writing to you this letter to tell you of such incident and to formally request your office for a change of item of similar value. I feel that 49 days of waiting time is sufficient for your company to repair said item. I am respectfully waiting for your immediate reply.

Nelson de Leon

Offline Nicadraus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Works1200
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 259
« Reply #146 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:10 PM »
My letter via email to CDR King:

Greetings CDR King.

I am one of your regular customers of your products. Recently last December 29, 2013, i purchased an aroma diffuser from your Kenko brance at Ever Commonwealth QC, as a gift for my family. A photocopy of the sales invoice 40121 is attached. It ceased to function on January 19, 2014 so i brought it back on January 21, 2014 at the same outlet for repair. Also attached herein is service form control number 93008. Your tech crew gave me a call after a week and told me that there are no parts available so i waited another 2 weeks. Being said, i gave them a call and i was informed that there are still no parts available. I went back to your Ever Commonwealth branch and informed them of such. They said they will do their best to followup my repair problem. Again, after a few weeks of waiting, i went back a while ago to said branch and was informed that i have to wait for a replacement part to arrive. I told them that i cannot wait any longer. I requested for a change of item instead but was told that it is not possible.

Hence, i am writing to you this letter to tell you of such incident and to formally request your office for a change of item of similar value. I feel that 49 days of waiting time is sufficient for your company to repair said item. I am respectfully waiting for your immediate reply.

Nelson de Leon

You have been very patient with them already. They should have replaced your item if they didn't have the part(s) in the first place. I think it's about time to take some legal actions and let them pay for everything including your lawyer. I know it's such a small amount (of the item) but somebody has to do it to get their attention.

Pandaraya ang ginagawa nila sa consumers nila. Consumers (us) who made them an empire. Empire of many defective and disposable items.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM by Nicadraus »

The Technics SL1200/1210 specialist

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 09:36 PM »
You have been very patient with them already. They should have replaced your item if they didn't have the part(s) in the first place. I think it's about time to take some legal actions and let them pay for everything including your lawyer. I know it's such a small amount (of the item) but somebody has to do it to get their attention.

Pandaraya ang ginagawa nila sa consumers nila. Consumers (us) who made them an empire. Empire of many defective and disposable items.

I will again try to give them an email tonight. Kapag walang reply, i will go to DTI muna. Thanks for reminding.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 06:40 PM »
Update:
Pinalitan na ng new unit yesterday. Working when we tested it. Pag-uwi sa bagay, kamukha din ng very first unit ko, its not working.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1445
« Reply #149 on: Mar 18, 2014 at 09:41 PM »
labo ah. im pretty sure you tested it thoroughly bago nyo tinanggap yung replacement. baka nag babahay lang sir. hehe