Author Topic: help! My player wont playback the dvd I burned!  (Read 2345 times)

Offline icedkophee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help! My player wont playback the dvd I burned!
« on: Aug 08, 2005 at 01:22 AM »
guys i need your help! i have a double layer dvd burner and i tried watching a movie i burned on my aiwa component. i get a 'disc err' message. what's up with that? it works fine on my pc but the player wont recognize it. know any workarounds this? thanks! :-[

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
Re: help! My player wont playback the dvd I burned!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 04:18 AM »
Choosing the right disc to play on a set top DVD player is really tricky.  There are a lot of good discs and there are just bad DVD-R's for dvd players.  Ive always had good experiences using Jungle DVD-R.  All the DVDs I burned with that disc never failed.  The other discs ive tried really just dont work 100% You can get them at CDR king...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 10:32 AM »
You may also be burning beyond the maximum limit of the disc you're using. For generic discs, I normally burn at half the specified rate. For example, several of the supposedly 8X discs in CDR-King are really just 4X discs if you verify their media codes online.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 06:20 PM »
Disc compatibility lang 'yan. 

Trial and error talaga 'yan.  Sa umpisa, you really have to burn, test and throw away. 

Check Media I.D. using Nero's "Disc Info" button at Nero's "CD-DVD Speed" test or Nero's "Info Tool".  In my experience, high compatibility ang mga DVD-R by CMC.

Recommended burn speeds: 
4x for DVD;
24x for CD.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2005 at 06:26 PM by barrister »

Offline icedkophee

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2005 at 12:28 AM »
havnt really messed with nero's settings though i'll check it out. A friend of mine told me that to watch a burned dual layer dvd on my compo, it has to be able to support the + - specs, as is the case with my burner. How true is this? I tried watching HEAT (dvd9,region1) on my aiwa with no prob. In short, if I'm using a dual layer burner, should my compo be + - compliant as well? For the record, im using JVC DVD-R discs (a gift....). Thanks for ur reply, dudes! much appreciated!!  ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 02:07 PM »
I bought the P8 DVD-R from CDR-King last week and transferred a VHS Movie to DVD using this disc.  The burned DVD-R played well on my Lite-on DVD-ROM, Pioneer 533K and my Philips 727 but cannot be read by my Sony DVD Component. 

Tried buying Sony DVD-R at P25@ from CDR-King and burned the same movie but still cannot be played in my Sony DVD Component.  BTW, recorded the DVD at 4x speed.  Any other fix I can do to make it play in my DVD Compo?

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 02:39 PM »
I bought the P8 DVD-R from CDR-King last week and transferred a VHS Movie to DVD using this disc.  The burned DVD-R played well on my Lite-on DVD-ROM, Pioneer 533K and my Philips 727 but cannot be read by my Sony DVD Component. 

Tried buying Sony DVD-R at P25@ from CDR-King and burned the same movie but still cannot be played in my Sony DVD Component.  BTW, recorded the DVD at 4x speed.  Any other fix I can do to make it play in my DVD Compo?

Pre, most of the  Aiwa, Sony, Panasonic, and JVC models (esp component types) are not that  DVD-+R/RW or even CD-R/RW friendly.   My suggestion U can get  a generic dvd player and connect to your dvd compo rather than having it fixed dahil baka masira pa yung lens.

Offline icedkophee

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2005 at 12:06 AM »
Pre, most of the Aiwa, Sony, Panasonic, and JVC models (esp component types) are not that DVD-+R/RW or even CD-R/RW friendly. My suggestion U can get a generic dvd player and connect to your dvd compo rather than having it fixed dahil baka masira pa yung lens.

you could be right. my aiwa  compo simply refuses to play the dvds i burned!!! --but i dont have a problem playing burned vcds or audio cds. havent really tried watching it on a generic player but its worth a try.... get back to you guys if anything comes up!  ;)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2005 at 06:39 PM »
Pre, most of the  Aiwa, Sony, Panasonic, and JVC models (esp component types) are not that  DVD-+R/RW or even CD-R/RW friendly.   My suggestion U can get  a generic dvd player and connect to your dvd compo rather than having it fixed dahil baka masira pa yung lens.

I thought so too.  Anyway, I just converted it to VCD instead to let it play in the component.  You cannot get the best of both worlds.  I was now even contemplating in burning it to DVD+R baka sakaling gumana.  Hehe!  When I read your post, di na bale.

Well, at least I've learned a lot of things like converting VHS to DVD and from DVD to VCD and lastly do not use your component to play DVD-R's.   Standalone DVD players are still superior than their component counterparts!  Just did all of these for my learning experience.   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2005 at 06:45 PM by nirvblakr »