Author Topic: Little Britain  (Read 1448 times)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Little Britain
« on: Dec 14, 2004 at 01:49 AM »
I just finished watching the whole first season of this British comedy. Sobra siyang nakakatawa--much better than any Brit program I have seen this year. I cannot wait to watch the second series.

My favourite character is Vicky Pollard. Who is yours?

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
Little Britain on Star World
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005 at 12:40 PM »
I am excited that this Brit show will be shown in the Philippines. I have already watched the whole first season on DVD and I think it is best Brit sketch show of all time.

Watch out for Vicky Pollard!

Offline JdelaCruz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
Re: Little Britain on Star World
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005 at 07:51 PM »
True, one of the best sketch shows ever in the history of television.  Any sked yet? Please post.

"It's so hard being the only gay in the village!"

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005 at 10:41 PM »
This makes Saturday Night Live look like a grade school play.

I actually think that the Filipino audience will not be able to appreciate this entirely because of the numerous bleeps and edited images. Star World is very conservative even if the shows are portraying reality. I have already met some Vicky Pollards.

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2005 at 02:02 AM »
Finally, fun starts this Sunday at 10 PM.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2005 at 02:07 AM by dorian_gray »

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2005 at 05:32 PM »
Star World airs 2 eps back to back.

Sundays at 10:00 PM
Mondays at 1:30:AM

Stage hypnotist's date while they were sitting in a restaurant studying the menu:  "That's funny, I don't recall agreeing to go on a date with you..."
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2005 at 05:36 PM by JdelaCruz »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2005 at 12:15 AM »
The bits with the grandma were heavily edited so they were not that funny. I am afraid some more sketches will be taken out especially the two old ladies kissing.

Thank goodness that Vicky Pollard speaks so fast that they forgot to edit the words blowy, wank and others.

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2005 at 12:17 AM by dorian_gray »

Offline JdelaCruz

• Collector
  • Bayan ni Juan
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2005 at 10:37 AM »
^ "No but, yeah but, no but, yeah but..."

These guys -- Matt Lucas and David Walliams -- are brimming with talent and every sketch is a showcase.  You peeps should tune in and give it a chance.  Two episodes of this and you'll be hooked -- or be going wtf?! and never watch it again.   It's that kind of show.  At least you'll know.

"I'm a lahydeeeeeh!"
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2005 at 12:29 PM by JdelaCruz »

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2005 at 03:45 PM »
Effing hilarious! Best sketch show I've seen since Ally McBeal! ;D

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:51 AM »
Sobrang daming cut scenes sa Star World. Feeling ko kalahati na lang ang napapanood. On Season 3, there will be a Thai character named Ting Tong Macadangdang. Obviously, she will be a mail-order bride. Anyway, here is my fave, Vicky Pollard.

« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2005 at 01:24 AM by dorian_gray »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Little Britain
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2005 at 01:46 PM »
Yup, this show is hilarious! And I was shocked to see Anthony Stewart Head (billed here as Anthony Head) of Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a semi-regular.  ;D

Offline piperstorm

• Apprentice
  • AMARE ET SAPERE VIX DEO CONCEDITUR...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2005 at 03:48 PM »
Episode 1
At the comprehensive school in Darkley Noone, straw-brained, squawking schoolgirl Vicky Pollard explains why she hasn’t done her essay on Lord Kitchener. Inside 10 Downing Street, Prime Minister Michael is meeting with handsome new Treasury aide, Gregory Merchant, until jealous Sebastian interrupts the meeting. Transvestite Emily Howard escapes from the rain in a seaside pub.

Episode 2
At the newsagent, Dafydd Thomas is astounded to discover that someone has bought his copy of Gay Times. Andy insists on wearing his Smurf outfit to a smart Chinese restaurant. Vicky Pollard is accused of pushing a little girl into the swimming pool. Inside No 10 Downing Street, Sebastian is not happy when his opinion poll results briefing is interrupted by Prime Minister Michael’s wife. At Flatley psychiatric institution, inmate Anne is disrupting all Dr Lawrence’s attempts to show an inspector round. Starsky and Hutch celebrity ‘David Soul’ makes a hospital visit, and Marjorie Dawes introduces her class to the FatFighters Slimmer of the Year, Cliff Roberts.

Episode 3
After a disastrous by-election, Prime Minister Michael is going through the morning papers with his aide, Sebastian. Vicky and her mates are trying to order drinks in a pub, despite being obviously underage and without ID. Stage hypnotist Kenny Craig uses his powers to win at Scrabble while visiting his mother in hospital. At Fatfighters, Marjorie Dawes delights in telling the class all the most embarrassing details about a new member, her sister Barbara.

Episode 4
Transvestite Emily Howard is in denial when asked to cover her testicles for an x-ray. Vicky Pollard ends up in court, where her incomprehensible mutterings make no sense to the judge and jury. In a dance studio, Sandra Patterson watches anxiously as her nine-year-old son Ralph auditions for a commercial. Visiting her mother in hospital, Marjorie Dawes tries to persuade the doctor to put her into an old people’s home. Royal reporter Peter André gets a dressing down from his BBC producer for a very odd item on last night’s news.

Episode 5
At the Paul Young Offenders Institution, Vicky Pollard has been summoned to the governess’s office for biting another inmate in the canteen. Prime Minister Michael is holding a press conference at No 10 on the disgraced Foreign Secretary’s resignation. At Kelsey Grammar a young pupil gets career advice from a robot. The Queen is hosting a garden party but Peter André, Royal Correspondent for the BBC, cannot get in without an invitation. Former Olympic silver medallist Denver Mills is giving out less-exalted medals on Downey Junior School’s prize-giving day.

Episode 6
Inside 10 Downing Street, Sebastian cannot remain silent when Prime Minister Michael tackles the Chancellor of the Exchequer about his leadership ambitions. At a visit to the doctor Vicky Pollard learns to her amazement that she is eight months pregnant. Retired athlete Denver Mills gives a speech at the Annual Police Federation Dinner. FatFighters leader Marjorie Dawes meets a client in her local supermarket. Psychiatrist Dr Lawrence’s family have a special guest staying with them this weekend – his craziest patient, Anne. And Andy and Lou are planning a holiday.

Episode 7
Teenage mother Vicky Pollard tells her social worker that she’s swapped her baby for a Westlife CD. Marjorie Dawes tries to forget her one-night-stand with FatFighter Paul. Andy needs to choose a colour so Lou can paint his room. Horrified at the numbers that have arrived, Dafydd cancels gay night at Llandewi Breffi’s local pub. Nine-year-old child actor Ralph Patterson auditions for a production of Bugsy Malone, while mum Sandra attempts to get rid of the opposition. Meanwhile in politics, it's party conference time and late at night in his hotel room, Prime Minister Michael is making some final changes to his big speech.

Episode 8
Transvestite Emily Howard gives a broken-down van driver some most unfeminine help. Dafydd is dismayed when barmaid Myfanwy admits that she too is gay. Vicky Pollard is invited back to her old school as a reformed character. Romantic novelist Dame Sally is dictating her latest oeuvre to Miss Grace, while a traffic report is on the radio. Marjorie Dawes is not amused that Mrs Harrison from FatFighters head office is checking up on her. Jason calls on his friend Gary’s grandmother, bearing gifts of ice cream, a video of 91/2 Weeks and lubricating jelly. And Andy does a spot of shoplifting when Lou takes him to the supermarket.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2006 at 05:35 AM »
HBO may turn Little Britain into Little America

Another Coupling? or The Office?
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!