Author Topic: Knight Rider (2008)  (Read 3858 times)

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: "Knight Rider": The Movie!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 02:08 PM »
Yeah, the old KITT was really on class of its own - especially back in the days when KR was at its popularity peak.  However, am sure the new Mustang GT would somehow make up for it in terms of 'aggressiveness' and 'attitude,' as clearly seen in its thumpin' new design.  A different character for sure - hope it extends the KR franchise to appeal to the kids of today.

BTW, a blast-from-the-past trivia. Acronym of K.I.T.T. stands for Knight Industries Two Thousand.  ;D

« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2007 at 02:10 PM by Marl_1 »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #31 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 02:25 AM »
Who wan'ts to own KITT ?

The Shelby looks more of a modern Mad Max car to me, and with no moving red light? C'mon! this is like  MAX's Fried Chicken without the Jufran Ketchup!

Bring back all that light please.  ;D

Ha! my first post for 2008  c",)
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2008 at 02:27 AM by frootloops »

Offline coco_men182

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 11:52 AM »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 04:11 PM »
I think meron sya nung moving "red light".  Still nasa hood ng car.  You just have to look close enough.  Di nga pwede talaga mawala yun.  It's KITT's signature!!!

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: Knight Rider: TV Movie (2008)
« Reply #34 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 06:34 AM »
Val Kilmer voices 'Knight Rider'
Actor replaces Will Arnett as NBC's KITT
By JOSEF ADALIAN

A carmaker conflict has caused NBC to hire Val Kilmer to replace Will Arnett as the voice of KITT on its "Knight Rider" revival.
Arnett ("Arrested Development") had already completed his part for the pic, which is slated to debut on NBC in less than two weeks. Producers Doug Liman, Dave Bartis and Dave Andron -- along with the network and studio -- were all fine with his performance.

Problem is, Arnett had a contractual conflict of interest.

For the better part of a decade, Arnett has done voice-over work for General Motors -- as the voice of GMC Trucks. NBC's new "Knight," however, is "played" by a Ford Mustang.

What's more, Ford isn't simply providing cars for "Knight Rider." It's taking an active role in the marketing and branding of the pic, a backdoor pilot for a possible series. Ford's logo even appears all over NBC's on-air promos for the pic.

Not surprisingly, when GM found out about the Ford connection, it asked Arnett to pull out.

"I was very excited at the prospect of playing the part of KITT in the new 'Knight Rider' movie," Arnett said. "However, because of a long relationship with General Motors as the voice of GMC Trucks, I had to respectfully withdraw from the project."

While NBC and Universal Media Studios will have to scramble to replace Arnett's dialogue with Kilmer's work, the upside is landing a well-known name for the part. In addition to his roles in pics such as "Batman Forever," "Heat" and "Top Gun," Kilmer has done plenty of voice-over work, including the voice of Moses in 1998's "The Prince of Egypt."

source

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2008 at 06:46 AM by allanmandy »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 10:42 AM »
Awww. Will Arnett sounded nice as KITT.

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #36 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 04:39 PM »
The now-burly Val Kilmer landing KITT has been a controversial topic in most threads outside.  Some preferred William Daniels still...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Daniels

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM »
This KITT better have a good mechanic because in some circles "FORD" stands for "fixed or repaired daily" :)

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 06:17 AM »
Just saw the pilot episode and it was pretty much OK. Val Kilmer sounded ok as K.I.T.T. although I was dissapointed that aside from being almost invulnerable, can change color and having breakneck speed, not much was shown in terms of what the new KITT can do.

The cast looked OK (except for that male FBI agent) and even The Hasselhoff had a cameo during the end, which sort of gave you a hint that he'll be back if the show's greenlighted for a regular series.

I hope this turns out into a series coz it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And the show actually had funny moments like when Mike asked KITT to pull over coz...well, just watch it na lang.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 06:25 AM »
Seen it as well. More like a rehash of the old tv series "Viper".

I would still opt for that guy from St Elsewhere doing the voice of KITT. And the sound effect coming from the light-up nose of KITT--where'd it go?

Another thing, hopefully they'd resurrect KARR as well.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 06:40 AM »
Seen it as well. More like a rehash of the old tv series "Viper".

I would still opt for that guy from St Elsewhere doing the voice of KITT. And the sound effect coming from the light-up nose of KITT--where'd it go?

Another thing, hopefully they'd resurrect KARR as well.

Yeah, it looked like Viper; but this thing works coz it has the Knight Rider pedigree going for it...at least by name. Hehehe.

I miss that sound effect on KITT's nose, too.

I would guess that KARR (and probably Goliath) would make an appearance in the future with possibly the bad guy in the pilot episode(s) driving it.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 07:34 AM »
A KARR that is not a Dodge Charger, else it would be a modern-day Bullitt with two A.I.-driven motorized tin cans on the chase. Hehe.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM »
Just finished watching it.  It was ok.  I still don't dig the mustang though.  Should have been sexier & sleeker. Funny how
Mike at the end now dons a leather jacket as well....a signature Michael Knight wardrobe. 

I want KITT'S light to have the same sound effect also.  And I think I like it better when it's just one light flashing from left to right instead of two meeting at the middle.  Weird for KITT to change colors and the effects of it being indestructible.  I guess the nano technology thing is the "in" thing nowadays.  But it's all cool that KITT being indestructible is dependent on his system being turned on all the time.

Still very entertaining and nostalgic.  And in my opinion very deserving to be green-lighted as a regular series.

Val Kilmer's voice as KITT was actually good.  Though the 80's KITT had more "personality".

It's obvious the producers were pulling their punches in showing what the new KITT can do to tease NBC to go ahead and make it into a series.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2008 at 11:15 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 27, 2008 at 02:12 PM »
KITT transforming into a Pick-up  ;)

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2008 at 05:25 PM »
This is the best new comedy of the season

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Knight Rider (2008)
« Reply #45 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 02:18 PM »
"(Your) covers are Devin and Bonnie, a honeymooning couple." ;D

Somehow I like KITT's old personality better. It was more...playful.

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 02:47 PM »
dapat dito isinama na lang sa Transformers e..  di lang nagiging Truck, nagiging train pa!   ;D
shuffle up and deal!

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #47 on: Oct 09, 2008 at 04:11 PM »
This had a mini-series that already looked promising. Then when the pilot came it went in a completely stupid direction. Even the old Knight Rider wasn't this flimsy at all. That '80s show had some weight to it, even when I watch the old reruns now on star world.

This "new" Knight Rider seems to be made by the same teams that did V.I.P. and Walker: Texas Ranger  :P