Author Topic: Frequency Controller?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline fweyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Frequency Controller?
« on: Aug 22, 2005 at 11:05 PM »
May nabibili bang parang Frequency Controller of somesort ? where in ma cocontrol nyo kung anong frequency lang at tutunog yung subs or yung floorstanders ??? ???
Tool.

Offline zxcvbnm

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Frequency Controller?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 07:21 AM »
Crossover settings in receivers do this.

Offline aHobbit

• DVD Guru
  • Think HARDER - HOLLOW Heads! No FO0Ls Please!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:03 AM »
I am also intersted - sometimes they call this half-octave equalizer
Anti PDVD Malware (STUP1Ds & F0OLs)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:20 AM »
Is this the same as those professional equalizers with 1/3 octave between frequencies?

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #4 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:12 PM »
The AudioControl DIVA (half million pesos)

http://smr-home-theatre.org/Reviews/diva/

Rane also manufactures good 31 band Eq's. last time I looked they were Php12T each (you need one per channel). sa ParkSquare meron.
kung di pa din pasok sa budget sa Raon madaming EQ na made in somewhere out there. pag on mo pa lang sa system mo nun anlakas nag hhhssssssshhhhh....say goodbye to your blacker than black background silence...on the other hand nakatipid ka naman. your choice in weapons.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 12:15 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:05 PM »
There's a CHina-made Wharfedale professional series 31-band equaizer with 1/3 octave separating each frequency control point.  I think it cost less than 10T at Spectra, last I check.

But nothing beats a parametric equalizer.  You can change the frequency points and the filtering behaviour so any controlled point doesn't affect adjacent frequencies that happens with ordinary equalizers.

Offline mixx

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 06:31 PM »
i think an active crossover is what you're looking for, it divides your audio freq into 2,3 or even 4way so you can specify what freq you want to get out of your speakers, since its active you need an additional amplifier to power either your floorstanders or sub......... you can look at this link for more of the details  http://www.rane.com/ac22b.html
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 06:38 PM by mixx »

Offline fweyd

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 09:22 AM »
all i want lang naman, since my AVR doesnt have a Sub In (Yamaha RXV-490) I dunno where to put it in this AVR..

all it has are Left/Right/Center/Surround Left/Surround Right. You can place 2 Front Left and Front Right because there is this speaker switch thingie. i hope you guys get it..  ???
Tool.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 10:21 AM »
all i want lang naman, since my AVR doesnt have a Sub In (Yamaha RXV-490) I dunno where to put it in this AVR..

all it has are Left/Right/Center/Surround Left/Surround Right. You can place 2 Front Left and Front Right because there is this speaker switch thingie. i hope you guys get it..  ???

Set LFE to the front's?
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 at 10:28 AM by bumblebee »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 01:04 PM »

So what you need is a bass management system.  You have a number of options.  Unfortuantely, your prologic receiver does not sport preamp-output or main-in power input to allow you to use the options.  These options essentally will insert an analog bass management module like the OUTLAW AUDO ICBM or the DBX 120A Subharmonic Synthesizer between the preamp and the power amps of your receiver.  While you can use the tape record monitor L and R output, you would need an outboard stereo power amplifier.

Either options would most likely cost you about the same as getting a new HT receiver.  ;D

But if you have a sub that has L and R speaker level or high level inputs and satelite L and R speaker output. You can do this:

Connect the powered sub's low level L and R speaker input to your receiver's corresponding L and R front out and let the sub do the crossover selection.  Then connect your L and R front speakers to the sub's L and R satellite speaker output.  The sub effectively filters the lows out of the input signal and routes (low-passes) that to the sub's amp and speakers.  Then it sends a high-passed signal to your main L and R speakers.  Hope this helps.

Offline fweyd

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 01:07 PM »
usually ba ung mga subs.. like DQ-12 how do u connect it to AVR's ?? RCA ba ?? or Wire ??

if wire, cant I connect it to my "fronts" ?

Old school na kasi tong AVR na toh.. eh I dont wanna change it, I would rather spend on the speakers..  :(
Tool.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 06:00 PM »
I'm not so sure about the DQ-12. But most of the powered subs I've seen, even DTX and USaudio models have the option to connect either via low level (line level RCA) or high level (speaker connection) for its input.  Since you don't have a line level RCA sub-out on your receivers,  going high level is the only option I can think of.  Then connect your main front speakers to the L and R speaker out terminals on your DQ-12.

Offline fweyd

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 07:18 PM »
so meaning.. even though I dont have a subout from my AVR I can still connect the sub through the L/R Fronts ?? and connect my existing L/R Fronts on the sub ??
Tool.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 01:40 PM »
Yes.  Your DQ-12 Sub should have a user's manual that details how to do this, assuming it has high level speaker input and output.  Otherwise, just be guided by the above instructions.