Author Topic: FF7-Advent Children boxset  (Read 7180 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: FF7-Advent Children boxset
« Reply #30 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 05:02 PM »
I haven't heard anything about a Region 1 boxset. Should be interesting if they did release one. ;)

Good news...Amazon has its release date: November 29, 2005 & price at $18.87!  :D  Oh boy can't wait to get this!

From a reviewer:

"This movie takes place a few years after the FFVII game, with Cloud, Tifa, Barret, Cid, Red XII, Cait, Yuffie, and Vincent in the cast.

After the fight in the end of Final Fantasy VII, some of the children around Midgar have become infected with cells of Jenova. But then the three silver haired men show up in search for their "mother" Jenova, with the cast of Final Fantasy standing in their way. It's up to Cloud and the gang to stop more battles from breaking out.

The graphics of this movie are purely beautiful that any one would enjoy. They're not the cartoony type from Disney, nor anime, but something that people would expect from SquareEnix. I highly recommend this movie, even though those who haven't played the game might just like the graphics."

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 10:03 PM »
wow! after looking at the pics, i might just buy a copy of this because of the animation  ;D  i dont even know the full story of ff7  ::)

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 10:53 PM »
Downloaded a divx version with AC3 audio (Jap with english sus) last night. The CG animation is very good! I'll definitely get a DVD copy when it becomes available.

Offline BaD_BURN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Overworked and underpaid
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 10:14 AM »
Animation is top notch, though you guys might want to brush up on Final Fantasy VII a bit if you're not familiar with the game; you might not know your 'materia' from your 'mother' and so on. ;D There are bits and pieces in the movie that you can only get if you've played through the game. There's a quicker way to acquaint yourself with the game, though: just head on to www.wikipedia.com and search for 'Final Fantasy VII' and 'Sephiroth' to get the back story before you watch the movie. Just dont search for 'Final Fantasy VII Advent Children' coz that'll pretty much give the whole thing away! ;D

EDIT: Another interesting resource site is http://www.jenova.org/jenova/. If you guys have already seen the movie and have always wondered "Who the heck is this 'mother'?!?", this site has the answers. ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2005 at 10:22 AM by BaD_BURN »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #34 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
Great tips BaD_BURN. I'm already having lots of ques now & no doubt even more ques after watching the movie  ;D

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 06:58 PM »
I'm still hoping Square-Enix would push through with remaking FF7 for the PlayStation3. After seeing FF7AC and the Final Fantasy VII technical demo for the PS3, I cant help but imagine playing FF7 all over again with graphics comparable to Advent CHildren. ;D

QUICK FF7 REFERENCE GUIDE (aka 'FINAL FANTASY VII FOR IDIOTS') ;D[/i]

Just click on the links below. ;)

What is materia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materia
Sephiroth             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephiroth_%28Final_Fantasy_VII%29
Final Fantasy VII http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_vii
Jenova                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenova AND http://www.jenova.org/jenova/

Offline PARC

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/parc/
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 09:59 PM »
I'm still hoping Square-Enix would push through with remaking FF7 for the PlayStation3. After seeing FF7AC and the Final Fantasy VII technical demo for the PS3, I cant help but imagine playing FF7 all over again with graphics comparable to Advent CHildren. ;D

Likewise bro, can you imagine battling again with the "Weapons (Emerald & Ruby)"   :o Hours and hours of materia combo (Counter + Mime +Double Cut + Slash-All + Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round etc.) hehehehe. The more I want to play the game again.  ;D

And almost forgot, The Chocobo breeding that took me hours before I can bread a Golden Chocobo  ;D.

PARC
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2005 at 10:03 PM by PARC »

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 10:35 PM »
slightly OT: does anyone know where to buy Final Fantasy DVD featuring the music videos from FF8, FF9, FF10 games?  ???

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 07:42 AM »
Likewise bro, can you imagine battling again with the "Weapons (Emerald & Ruby)"   :o Hours and hours of materia combo (Counter + Mime +Double Cut + Slash-All + Sneak Attack + Knights of the Round etc.) hehehehe. The more I want to play the game again.  ;D

And almost forgot, The Chocobo breeding that took me hours before I can bread a Golden Chocobo  ;D.

PARC

Hehehe...yeah, Emerald and Ruby are pain in the arses. :P Took me a while to figure out that you had to go into battle with Ruby with two of your characters dead. ;D Ooops! Was that a spoiler/hint? ::) ;D

Chocobo breeding was fun! ;D I was kinda hoping to see Chocobos in the movie. Too bad there wasnt any. :(

I'm currently replaying the game with old save files from my archive. I started at the beginning of disc 2; kakapagod laruin ulit disk 1. Especially Cloud's exposition about his 'relationship' (or so he thinks....oops! :o Muntikan ko na masabi yung spoiler. ;D) with Sephiroth in Kalm. SOBRANG TAAS NG SEQUENCE NA YUN! ;D I'm playing the PC version, less pixelated and hi-res ang graphics. But still.....I'm drooling over the PS3 technical demo. ;D A curse on Square Enix! ;D They have to remake that game, just like what Capcom did to Resident Evil which was remade with new graphics and additions for the GameCube.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2005 at 07:42 AM by BaD_BURN »

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 08:14 AM »
guys, for those who dont want to sift through the game for hours you can just read Final Fantasy VII's script. Yes, that what I said, A SCRIPT for FF7. The whole game. ;)

http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/textfiles/ff7disc1.txt
http://www.ff7citadel.com/gameinfo/textfiles/ff7disc2.txt <---the remainder of the story is here, until the end.

Enjoy! ;D

Offline czedryk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 11:12 AM »
I feel like I'm going nuts waiting for November to come, especially when the news of the DVD leakage broke, so I decided to buy an unauthorized copy ;D

Darn, the fight scenes are awesome... :o
It preserved the essence of the game including the humor (the 'ringtone' made me laugh... ;D)
Nice to see the whole gang again... Tifa was pretty, but Aerith was gorgeous!!!

I'll be watching it over and over again until November arrives...

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 05:37 PM »
I was in Colon (in Cebu) the other day and there were just heaps of Advent Children DVDs everywhere, the "Captain Hook" variety. ::) I checked it out and true enough, it was the region2 DVD sans the special features (REMINISCENCE OF FFVII and COMPILATION OF FFVII). Subtitles were fairly small (English subs) but if you're one of those people who have downloaded the movie online, the subs are virtually the same.

I watched it again a couple of hours ago and I just noticed something real funny. Check out the scene with Cloud, Tifa, Rude and Reno where Cloud tells Rude and Reno to go after Kadaj and company and pick up the children. Tifa berates Cloud that he should be the one to go, while Reno and Rude are in the background pushing each other back and forth like "Let's give em some space, man!". Just hilarious. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2005 at 05:38 PM by BaD_BURN »

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 06:51 PM »
Hmm. This thread seems to be veering towards discussion of the unauthorized DVD copies & downloads, so I'll need to lock this down for the meantime. Let's re-open this thread once the official DVD has been released. Could someone send me a heads-up via PM when the official release date, so I can unlock this? Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2005 at 08:24 PM by DVDiva »