Author Topic: About the P299 R3 The Exorcist  (Read 890 times)

Offline art00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
About the P299 R3 The Exorcist
« on: Sep 07, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
** I have just bought the original barebones version (not "The Version You've Never Seen") of "The Exorcist."  I noticed that the information at the back of of the case indicates that the movie's runtime is at 95 min. and that it is rated PG.  A check with imdb.com shows that the original movie has a runtime of 122 min.  and is rated R (in the US) while "The Version You've Never Seen" has a runtime of 132 min. and is also rated R.

** My questions, therefore, are:
1] Does anyone know if the R3 version I bought is a "censored" version with cuts (thus the shorter runtime and PG rating instead of R)?
2] If so, which scenes were deleted, cut or censored?

** TIA.

art00

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: About the P299 R3 The Exorcist
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 05:50 PM »
art, have you opened the DVD yet and tried it to check the actual run time of the feature? My guess is that the runtime on the package is just a misprint. I never pay attention to the ratings on local DVDs - they're more often than not erroneous and don't reflect the actual contents of the discs.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline art00

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: About the P299 R3 The Exorcist
« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:38 PM »
Sir Mr. Hankey:

** I just did as you suggested and the player's (PowerDVD on my PC) info shows the total time of: 2:01.41 so I guess that means 121 min and 41 secs.  So, you must be right... that its a misprint.  I was concerned about the rating because it was my daughter who wanted me to buy this DVD as she had heard a lot about it; mainly as "the scariest movie ever."  I wouldn't want her to be watching an "R" movie as she is still under 18.

** Anyway, thanks for your help.

art00