Author Topic: The Frighteners - Director's Cut  (Read 666 times)

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1246
The Frighteners - Director's Cut
« on: Sep 10, 2005 at 02:43 PM »
from DVD Times:

The Frighteners Director's Cut (R1) in November
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Frighteners Director's Cut for 29th November 2005 priced at $26.98 SRP. After years of campaigning Universal are finally giving fans what they want, the director's cut edition of Peter Jackson's horror-comedy starring Michael J. Fox - The Frighteners.

Running 2hrs 3minutes the director's cut will be presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround audio and optional English, French and Spanish subtitles. Released on a single DVD18 Universal's promotional details say we can expect over 4 hours of bonus features. Expect full specs soon...

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Frighteners - Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2005 at 04:41 PM »
finally a directors cut.  the previous release is OOP already and I'm looking forward to this.

Any way.  I'm gonna get this one for sure.  Universal deliberately release this to take advantage for the relase of King Kong. :)

Frighteners (Unrated Director's Cut) (1996)
List Price:   $26.98 
       Price:   $20.23 
You Save:   $6.75 (25%)

Availability: This item will be released on November 29, 2005.

Mod please provide link please. :)

Offline xage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Frighteners - Director's Cut
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
Any way.  I'm gonna get this one for sure.  Universal deliberately release this to take advantage for the relase of King Kong. :)

The usual DVD Marketing scheme!  ;D

Well if they should have done justice in re-releasing this Peter Jackson Film, they should have re-released also that puppet film (I just forgot the title) that the LOTR director did
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x