Author Topic: House of Wax R3 arrives 09/16  (Read 1718 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
House of Wax R3 arrives 09/16
« on: Sep 15, 2005 at 08:16 AM »
Warner Home Video brings thrills, chills, and oozing wax to your homes this weekend with Jaume Collet-Serra's bloody 2005 remake of House of Wax, a Dark Castle Entertainment release produced by Joel Silver (Matrix Trilogy) and Robert Zemeckis (House on Haunted Hill, Back to the Future Trilogy, Forrest Gump).

Click for More
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2005 at 08:37 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: House of Wax R3 arrives 09/16
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2005 at 08:14 AM »
  Another welcome news from Warner Phils. Didn't like the movie much but at P499, OK na bilhin. Cute naman iyong "death scene" ni Paris. ;D Galing talaga ng Warner Phils. :D

Offline aszamora

• DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2005 at 07:21 PM »

I asked Astro Glorietta for this title and they said na available na raw bukas.

Offline aszamora

• DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
 I think I'm the first one who brought this from Astro Glorietta this morning. Mainit-init pa. :)

Offline riverfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2005 at 12:22 AM »
ok lang. pero sana special treatment din ang million dollar baby. which i believe only gets a vcd treatment. weird.  :P

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 10:26 AM »
  Another welcome news from Warner Phils. Didn't like the movie much but at P499, OK na bilhin. Cute naman iyong "death scene" ni Paris. ;D Galing talaga ng Warner Phils. :D

hows the video quality bro?

Offline aszamora

• DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 06:35 PM »
hows the video quality bro?

I only have a standard TV but comparing it from my other DVDs with very good video, this one isn't excatly far behind. This is on par with other recent Warner releases as much as I could tell. There are a lot of dark scenes because of the nature of the movie but the blacks are good and not really grainy. I'm satisfied with the video and audio on this one. Hope this helps. :)

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 02:24 PM »
  I only have a standard TV but comparing it from my other DVDs with very good video, this one isn't excatly far behind. This is on par with other recent Warner releases as much as I could tell. There are a lot of dark scenes because of the nature of the movie but the blacks are good and not really grainy. I'm satisfied with the video and audio on this one. Hope this helps. :)

yup, just bought and watched it last night.  video quality was rather good given the predominantly dark scenes like you mentioned.  i actually liked it.  if the 'explicit' killing sequences and gore ain't your cup of tea, then the mere presence of elisha and paris on-screen would surely reel you in. 

in some way, there was a sequence that was reminiscent of paris' unauthorized video which straddled the net for a time, although definitely a very short and toned-one version of it - soft and safe. check it out.  8)

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2005 at 02:27 PM by Marl1 »