Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 19085 times)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Supernatural
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2008 at 04:06 PM »
Ratings must be okay, since The CW gave it an early renewal for a fourth season next year.

Wow, great news indeed.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 03:27 PM »
what's the latest on season 3?
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #32 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 09:25 AM »
the third season just premiered last night at axn beyond!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #33 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 09:45 AM »
I'm a late commer to this series....it's better late than never! ;D

During the long weekend just completed season 1 & last night started season 2.

Other than enjoying the series, I also like it where some episodes include cute hot chicks... :P

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 12:34 PM »
waahh! we dont have axn beyond  :'(

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 04:16 PM »
sayang.  axn's one reason i cannot let go of sky.  last night's episode, as posted earlier, had the brothers up against the seven deadly sins.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 06:53 PM »
sky's too darn expensive kasi  :P

oh well....will likely wait for the dvd release of season 3 na lang...and there's always episode guides i can read  ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 08, 2008 at 08:12 PM »
Alona Tal! More of her please. Or any other hot chick for that matter. I'm not done with my season 2 boxset so I don't know anything about her in season 3 (if she appears at all).

The stars of the show are cashing in on their horror genre marketability.

Jared Padalecki will be in the remake of Friday the 13th. Jensen Ackles, on the other hand, will be in the remake of My Bloody Valentine.

Why so many remakes of 80s slasher flicks?

The show is being groomed. With Smallville about to end, Supernatural is the CW's next big brand. Although Gossip Girl's not far behind I suppose but that one's just starting out.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #38 on: Apr 21, 2008 at 08:55 AM »
Phew...after the long marathon, last night finished na season 2....much better than season 1.  :D

Now will have to endure the long wait for the complete season 3 set. :-[

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 21, 2008 at 07:29 PM »
Now will have to endure the long wait for the complete season 3 set. :-[

Same goes for me. :(

Offline pershin

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008 at 10:32 PM »
    Same goes for me. :(

It's available for Pre-order at amazon. Wheeeeeee.

But I read somewhere that it's coming out in August, though it's UK release date ^^, hopefully, earlier sa US

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008 at 03:02 PM »
Wooooooow!!!! :o

A totally all-bets-are-off season finale!!!  This show has really improved season by season!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008 at 02:10 AM »

It's available for Pre-order at amazon. Wheeeeeee.

A glimpse of SUPERNATURAL SEASON 3 DVD COVER

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #43 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 09:53 AM »
From TV Guide:

Sexy Supernatural thief Bela (Lauren Cohan) has already been sent to hell — unlike Dean, she won’t be released — and now the show’s creator Eric Kripke tells TV Guide it’s bye bye to sexy demon Ruby (Katie Cassidy) as well.

“She’s great, but this was unfortunately a financial decision — purely budgetary, because creatively she was terrific," Kripke said. "I have nothing but great affection for Katie, and she was great for the show. It was a very difficult business decision about the realities we are in." Though the budget’s the same as last year, the show films in Canada and is suffering from a lousy exchange rate.

There will be female characters, Kripke promises. But expect more of the love ‘em, leave ‘em or kill ‘em variety. “We have a plan that’s as exciting as any we’ve ever had of how to thread new characters in some unexpected ways,” he said, adding that the season opener will have a couple of “bombshells that will set the show off in a new direction.” Just don’t mess too much with those Winchester boys!
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 01:50 PM »
drats! i liked Bela and Ruby pa naman   :-\

oh well...this show gets better every season so....season 4 might not disappoint even without the 2 babes  ;D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM »
so it's confirmed? there will be a season 4 for this?

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jun 30, 2008 at 10:48 AM »
read it somewhere din na confirmed na season 4. Bitin kasi season finale ng 3  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jun 30, 2008 at 12:30 PM »
News about SUPERNATURAL SEASON 4 .....  ;D

Interview with Jared Padalecki
POSTED 11 June 2008 @ splatterfilms

QUOTE:
While on the set of Platinum Dunes' upcoming remake of Friday the 13th, we got a chance to talk to one of Jason's latest victims, Jared Padalecki. And of course the conversation soon turned to the fourth season of Supernatural. Season three ended with Dean (Jensen Ackles) going to Hell. So, where does that leave Sam? Jared was quite eager to answer our questions:

I know we're here on the set of Friday the 13th. But I have to ask some Supernatural questions. When do you guys go back to shooting again?

Jared Padalecki: As of right now, we are supposed to start in the first week of July. Of course the strike is a big issue. But they want to have us paired with Smallville. And Smallville is going to start shooting really early. So they want us to start shooting early, so they can air all of the episodes together.

Have you seen any scripts from the first couple of episodes?

Jared Padalecki: No, uh-uh. I haven't seen anything. Hat's off to Eric (Kripe). The only person I have talked with is Jensen. He and I keep in touch. But we haven't seen any scripts or read any of the scripts. We haven't even heard any of the ideas that they have.

You know that all of the fans are freaking out because they thought Jensen was off the show? But clearly not.

Jared Padalecki: I'm hoping clearly not. I think his plan is to be in Vancouver when I am in Vancouver. I pray to God that he comes back. Because that means every day, all day, there would be no one there to bear the burden except me. But, no, I'm sure that Jensen will be a huge part of the series. Just as he has always been. He's just in Hell this time out.

Barring the actors' strike, the fourth season of Supernatural should be here soon.
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 10, 2008 at 03:07 PM »
great news indeed

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 01:24 PM »
how many episodes are there for season 3? 16 all in all?

Offline skylynx888

• DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 01:33 PM »
how many episodes are there for season 3? 16 all in all?

YEPyep  ;)

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 03:09 PM »

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 19, 2008 at 12:18 PM »
i think monday's episode on axn beyond is the season finale...

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 24, 2008 at 11:23 AM »
any updates for season 4?

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 03, 2008 at 02:16 PM »
4.01 Lazarus Rising

After the deal to save Sam, Dean was finally taken by the demon Lillith and transported to Hell. Or was he? As Sam comes to terms with the loss of his brother, time passes and the world carries on. But sometimes, you just can't keep a good Winchester down...

4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

Bobby and the Winchesters are haunted by spirits from their past hunts, but are things really what they seem, or is there an even darker force at work? With Dean still coming to terms with what's happened to him, and Sam still adjusting to life with his brother again, it's tough to be a Winchester...

4.03 In The Beginning

Dean makes a leap worthy of Sam Beckett, but can revisiting the past really be a good thing? Or will the grizzled hunter find out things about his family he'd rather have stayed as skeletons in the ancestral closet....

4.04 Monster Movie

It's back to the golden age of black and white movies for this creepy episode! When Dean and Sam discover a whole host of murders that appear to have been commited by famous Hollywood monsters, can there really be a copycat freak out there, or is it something even more sinister

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 04, 2008 at 12:48 AM »
4.01 Lazarus Rising

After the deal to save Sam, Dean was finally taken by the demon Lillith and transported to Hell. Or was he? As Sam comes to terms with the loss of his brother, time passes and the world carries on. But sometimes, you just can't keep a good Winchester down...

4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

Bobby and the Winchesters are haunted by spirits from their past hunts, but are things really what they seem, or is there an even darker force at work? With Dean still coming to terms with what's happened to him, and Sam still adjusting to life with his brother again, it's tough to be a Winchester...

4.03 In The Beginning

Dean makes a leap worthy of Sam Beckett, but can revisiting the past really be a good thing? Or will the grizzled hunter find out things about his family he'd rather have stayed as skeletons in the ancestral closet....

4.04 Monster Movie

It's back to the golden age of black and white movies for this creepy episode! When Dean and Sam discover a whole host of murders that appear to have been commited by famous Hollywood monsters, can there really be a copycat freak out there, or is it something even more sinister

Wow, some really good storyline. Liked the second episode's title. Similar to a book title.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 07:42 AM »
bit of correction. Episode 4 is entitled Metamorphosis (kinda boring episode, but links to how Sam will in the end treat his psychic powers) and Episode 5 will be Monster Movie.

anyhows, somebody uploaded the episode guide over at wikipedia :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_4)

1    "Lazarus Rising"    Eric Kripke    Kim Manners    3.96[1]    September 18, 2008
It's four months later and Dean wakes in a pine box. He's been freed from Hell. He has a joyful reunion with Sam and Bobby, but it isn't long before the three wonder what exactly pulled Dean from Hell and what it will want in return.

2    "Are you there, God? It's me, Dean Winchester"    Sera Gamble    Phil Sgriccia    3.18    September 25, 2008
Sam, Dean and Bobby are being haunted by the angry spirits of people they couldn't save. Bobby becomes emotionally disabled when the ghosts of two young girls, he couldn't save begin to haunt him. Dean and Sam think they are going crazy when the ghost of FBI agent Victor Henrickson (Charles M Whitfield) and Meg Masters (Nicki Aycox) appear and accuse the boys of failing them. At the end of the episode Castiel reveals that the ghosts rising is one of many signs of a coming apocalypse where Lucifer will walk the earth.

3    "In the Beginning"    Jeremy Carver    Steve Boyum    3.51    October 2, 2008
Dean is transported back in time to Lawrence, Kansas where it is the 70's. There, he meets the younger John Winchester (Matthew Cohen) and Mary (Amy Gumenick). This family reunion gets bigger when the Dean meets their Grandfather (Mitch Pileggi), who could have a huge secret.

4    "Metamorphosis"    Cathryn Humphris    Kim Manners    3.15    October 9, 2008
Sam and Dean encounter a man who seems to be turning into a monstrous creature.

5    "Monster Movie"    Ben Edlund    Robert Singer       October 16, 2008
Once again, the brothers encounter a shapeshifter. But this Shapeshifter is much different than the other Shapeshifters they have encountered. This one likes to shift into monsters from 1930s horror movies. Sam and Dean come up against Dracula, Wolf Man, The Mummy and even the creature from the Black Lagoon.

6    "Phobia (aka Yellow Fever)"    Unknown    Unknown       October 23, 2008
The boys discover a town that is plagued with an illness that is similar to the Croatoan virus.

7    "It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester"    Unknown    Kim Manners       October 30, 2008
The Winchesters find a coven that worships the Celtic demon Samhain. Sam manages to get on the bad side of two fallen angels in the process when he's told the job is meant for Dean and Dean alone but interferes anyway.

8    "Wishful Thinking"    Unknown    Unknown       November 6, 2008
Sam and Dean encounter a man who collects old coins. But one of the man's coins might be able to grant wishes.

9    "I know what you did last Summer Part 1"    Unknown    Unknown       November 13, 2008
Ruby goes to the crossroads to talk to the Crossroads demons replacement. We learn some of the events that happened to Sam while Dean was dead.

???    ?    "Afterschool Special"    Unknown    Unknown       2008
Sam and Dean find out that a spirit is haunting one of their old schools. Through flashbacks we see what school was like for the Winchesters.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 12:24 PM »

There's something out there...         

I've rewatched the whole season one in about four midnights. Many of today's US TV shows have themes of 'supernatural' but this series stands out because of interesting storyline and really creepy effects and locations. Great chemistry by Ackles and Padalecki does help a lot to make this TV series well-worth the viewers' time.

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2008 at 12:27 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 05:38 PM »
Season 4 is getting very interesting with Sam's new power & an introduction of a new character
angel castiel, whom even demons fear :)

I miss the old ruby (kate) though. I'm very optimistic for this current season, i hope its better than the last one.

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2008 at 05:39 PM by Dowals »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 24, 2008 at 08:39 PM »
I miss the old ruby (kate) though. I'm very optimistic for this current season, i hope its better than the last one.

Walang patapon na episode so far I think. Even the stand alone ones are pretty solid and entertaining.  Old Ruby (Katie Cassidy) reminded me so much of Kristen Bell. Although type ko rin si Genevieve Cortese as the current one. Hehe...