Author Topic: Veronica Mars  (Read 18940 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Veronica Mars
« Reply #60 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 10:32 AM »
annoying... keeps telling me to install flash... but when i go to get it... it keeps telling me it's already installed. ugh!  :-[

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 10:43 AM »
maybe its not the latest version of flash  ???

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Sep 29, 2006 at 10:50 AM »
fixed it... it seems  flash wasn't properly installed last time... so i had to download adobe's "flash uninstaller" then reinstall it.

it works now... veronica mars is playing at the mo'. thanks... (looks like only hankey's havin trouble...  :-[)

edited: HOT NEW O.B.B... nice.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2006 at 10:53 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Oct 05, 2006 at 07:52 AM »
I don't know how long the fan base can keep this show going but if the ratings were an indication and the network only ordering 13 episodes, the future of this show looks bleak. Veronica's retention of its Gilmore lead-in was a troubling 63.63% in households and 70% in adults 18-49 (The Futon Critic).
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Oct 05, 2006 at 11:15 AM »
i hope they can at least finish season 3, and give Veronica Mars some closure  :(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #65 on: Oct 06, 2006 at 04:48 PM »
I know Rob Thomas said he'd create a short story arc for this season, one that would give closure by the 13th episode, just in case it wasn't picked up for further episodes. If it gets renewed for a full season, we'll supposedly see a different story arc for the last half of the season.

veronica mars is playing at the mo'. thanks... (looks like only hankey's havin trouble...  :-[)

I got to watch it later that day by extracting the video's URL, cutting it, and pasting it directly into my Windows Media Player.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2006 at 04:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 02:38 AM »
just curious, if it only makes 13 episodes for season 3, will is still be released on dvd?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
Not to worry. Considering the show's cult following, I think it's a sure thing.

Best examples would be Arrested Development's Third Season (13 Episodes) and Tru Calling's Second Season (just 5 episodes). Both still made it to DVD.

But it really depends on whether the DVDs of Season Two sold well enough for the studio.

« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2006 at 10:36 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Oct 09, 2006 at 09:04 AM »
Catch the third season premiere online. Although the new opening credits seem more appropriate to the tone of the series, I still miss the old opening credits and the original mix of the theme song. Great episode! The new season allows new viewers to get into the action without alienating the fans. Just when we thought we are still in The Gilmore Girls' zone, Rob Thomas pulls a fast one and reminds us that this is still a hard-boiled drama. Welcome back, Veronica! You're even hotter now that you're in college.  :P

is the 3rd season premiere of veronica still available in msn? like to watch it again but cant find it anymore...

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 05:36 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, it was made available online only a week before the network premiere.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 09:45 AM »
too bad... thanks for the info  :)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 09:12 AM »
heads up! season 1 & 2 now only $29.99 in amazon  ;)

any updates on season 3?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 01:39 PM »
I know Rob Thomas said he'd create a short story arc for this season, one that would give closure by the 13th episode, just in case it wasn't picked up for further episodes. If it gets renewed for a full season, we'll supposedly see a different story arc for the last half of the season.

The CW has just complicated matters. They ordered additional episodes of Veronica Mars, but only 3 so far. As such, Rob Thomas will clearly either:

1. Create "filler" episodes to insert within the 13 episode story arc; or

2. Complete the story arc, then have 3 stand-alone episodes - not really the style of this show; or

3. Start a new story arc and just keep his fingers crossed that The CW orders the last 6 episodes to make a full season.

This is so not good... yet somewhat good, if you know what I mean.

Offline vinta18

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 13, 2006 at 03:38 PM »
IIRC hindi pa nga 3 episodes eh. 3 scripts lang. They're not giving the go signal to shoot 14-16 yet.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 11:12 AM »
any updates on season 3?

Last I heard, Season 3 will only have 20 episodes instead of the traditional 22. This week's episode concludes the rape storyline. Since Rob Thomas both wrote and directed it, it's the best episode of the season so far. You might want to watch the second episode before viewing to appreciate the twist better. If season 4 pushes through, the show intends to pursue stand-alone episodes instead of its staple big mysteries.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 10:05 PM »
great! at least season 3 is somewhat completed. i thought each season of VM revolves around the big mystery. if they'll remove that, then how would they make a big season finale  :-\

Offline jayps

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "was blind, but now I see..."
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 31, 2006 at 02:38 AM »
great! at least season 3 is somewhat completed. i thought each season of VM revolves around the big mystery. if they'll remove that, then how would they make a big season finale  :-\

I've read somewhere that they are canning the season long mystery to attract new viewers. They are going to have three separate story archs for this current season. So the rape was the 1st one, the Dean O'Dell mystery is probably the second story arch.

I think it is a great idea. There 's still goign to be a big case/mystery but it wouldn't be stretched out for an entire season. With this new 3 arch per season, we can experience the greatness that is this winter finale three times. 

With regard to the latest episode, I think it is the best finale (well neck and neck with Season 1 finale) yet in terms of suspense and in terms of how the mystery was unraveled. The big revelation was great and you can go back and rewatch the previous episodes and it totally makes sense

-------  S   P  O   I   L    E   R   --------------

E.g.
- Moe and Mercer used to be partipants in the sociology experiment. Moe earlier in the season said it changed his life. Basically Moe became Mercer's bitch even after the experiemnt. We can assume Moe was one of the prisoners and Mercer was one of the guards
- Mercer's alibi panned out becasue some of the members of the femininst group faked being rape. 

I just love this current season, definitely much better than Season 2. The rape mystery was much more compelling and interesting than the bus crash.   

Now I am still clueless at the Fitzpatrick mystery. I still don't know what the hell that storyline was about!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 03:22 PM »
Holy crap!  :o

Lamb is dead!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #78 on: Feb 25, 2007 at 06:24 PM »
Holy crap!  :o

Lamb is dead!

Yeah and it didn't seem to be necessary so maybe it's the only thing they can think of to make Mars sheriff again.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 01:09 AM »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 14, 2007 at 09:58 AM »
Warner Home Video has announced that fan-based bonus material for Veronica Mars will not be included on an upcoming season three set. According to Home Media Magazine, early reports had Warner asking fans to submit videotaped testimonials to be included on the boxset.

Earlier this week, however, the studio announced that time constraints will prevent them from including the feature on the DVD, a release date for which has yet to be announced. Further submissions will not be accepted, nor will anything already submitted be used. In its statement, Warner expresses hope of fan involvement in future "Veronica Mars" DVDs.

--davisdvd

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Apr 14, 2007 at 10:09 AM »
In its statement, Warner expresses hope of fan involvement in future "Veronica Mars" DVDs.

That's quite optimistic, since it's really supposedly on the verge of cancellation, from all online reports like the one above.

I hope it makes it, it's still a very good show.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
Veronica Mars cancelled  :(

San Francisco, CA: How come Veronica Mars wasn't included on the USA Today "save or axe" survey? Has it's fate already been decided?

Robert Bianco: Yes. According to our reporter Gary Levin, the show has been cancelled. And he's almost always right about such things.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2007 at 10:28 AM by Reuven Malter »

Offline vinta18

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 01:05 PM »
^ As in wala na talaga? Or do they count the "FBI Years" thing that was floating around as a separate series?

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 02:39 PM »
Not likely. Three seasons for a series with dismal ratings was sort of a miracle already. Moreover, the series that replaced Veronica Mars, The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll delivered better ratings.  :(

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2007 at 11:36 AM »
A new episode was aired today. Un-American Graffiti. So I assume/hope that they'll at least air the last 4 (including this one) episodes regardless of whether it's already been canceled or not. I'm wondering though if this has a 4-episode arc or if these are just standalone episodes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 at 11:40 AM by sardaukar »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2007 at 10:20 AM »
A new episode was aired today. Un-American Graffiti. So I assume/hope that they'll at least air the last 4 (including this one) episodes regardless of whether it's already been canceled or not. I'm wondering though if this has a 4-episode arc or if these are just standalone episodes.

They're airing all new stand alone episodes this May.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2007 at 02:03 AM »
More 'Mars' Looking Likely
Veronica may skip the remaining college years

"Veronica Mars" just might get a chance to grow up after all.

The fan-favorite drama is nearing a fourth season renewal, thanks to a reworking of the formula featuring the titular petite private eye. According to The Hollywood Reporter, a presentation for the proposed revamped show was well received at the CW, giving a boost to the show's chances.

If the new season gets off the ground, the show will have fast forwarded to a few years in the future, when Veronica (Kristen Bell) is studying at the FBI Academy. The move is a smart one since Bell has the chops and real-life years under her belt to play older than a co-ed. That would also free up Chris Lowell, who currently plays her pal/love interest Piz, to pursue his receptionist/beefcake duties over at ABC's "Private Practice," the "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff starring Kate Walsh.

Although Mars" is critically acclaimed and beloved by the viewers, those viewers aren't the most plentiful when it comes to the ratings game. Hope for a continued life came in the form of creator Rob Thomas' new concept as well as the cancellation of "Gilmore Girls" and "7th Heaven," which will leave the CW with a little wiggle room for the fall.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Veronica Mars Canceled
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2007 at 02:45 PM »
It's official. The CW cancels Veronica Mars:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2007/05/rip_veronica_ma.html  >:( :'(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2007 at 10:02 PM »
Thankfully, that was just a blogger's entry. In the original article posted at Reuters, the full quote is:

At a news conference after the presentation, (CW Entertainment President Dawn) Ostroff confirmed that "(Veronica) Mars" has solved her last case in her current incarnation but that no final decision has been made on a proposed new version of the series by creator Rob Thomas in which the title character, played by Kristen Bell, attends the FBI Academy.

So, there's still a slight chance of it returning, but at the rate this decision is going, probably midseason at the earliest.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007 at 10:03 PM by Mr. Hankey »