Author Topic: Audio out of synch problem - Please help  (Read 1248 times)

Offline gabmik

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Audio out of synch problem - Please help
« on: Oct 10, 2005 at 10:00 AM »
I tried my first conversion of Mini-DV to DVD's.  I used Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. I made a 10 minute test DVD with the menus and chapters.  The burn came out ok.

Next I captured a whole hour of tape.  Did the chapters and looked at the preview.  Everything was okay so I proceeded to burn using Roxio's DVD Builder.  When I viewed the disc everything was ok until about the 8th-10th minute.  I noticed that the audio was out of synch and it was like so till the end of the disc.  I shut down all background programs and burned a second copy.  Audio was still out of synch beginning about the same place as the first burn.

My hardware is a 2.93 ghz P4 with 512 ram.  Does anyone have any experience with this?   Any solutions? Thanks.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Audio out of synch problem - Please help
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 03:11 PM »
try to to have at least 30 gb for your video files only  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline gabmik

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 09:23 AM »
Thanks.  I freed up more than 30gb and even defragged (as suggested in another forum) but still got the synch problem.  It appears to be related to Roxio's version 7 if your hardwarte is not super-souped up.  I'll try with INterwin or Nero.  Would anyone know shich is the most efficient (uses the least resources) of these software?  I just want to convert all my MiniDV's to DVD.  No fancy edits just chapter access.  Thanks again.

Offline lekxxz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2006 at 09:04 PM »
pm mo si philander.  He can help you with your audio sync problem (or any other video editing/authoring related questions).