Author Topic: The Ones That Got Away (DVDs you wish you kept, bought or reserved)  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Chivalry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the Jack Ryan boxset was already in my hands at the last Astro Podium sale and i still cant believe i gave it up!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2005 at 09:10 PM by Chivalry »
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
the Jack Ryan boxset was already in my hands at the last Astro Podium sale and i still cant believe i gave it up!!!

...because you did not listen to me  ;D

Offline Chivalry

• Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
...because you did not listen to me  ;D

yeah stupid mistake  :-\
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
yup sayang yun, was looking for one also kaya lang wala na. I guess the last copy during the Astro Podium sale was purchased by Sir MatZTER ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2005 at 09:51 PM by vtec3 »

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
nice topic.

i'm sure all of us can relate (some more than others)   ::)
Quo vadis?

Offline radman

• Apprentice
  • ...been there,drunk that...
  • Liked:
nagdalawang isip akong bilhin ung constantine sa bahrain, 1 disc lang kasi,only to find out na inde pala magkakaroon ng constantine dito kasi may hawak daw na cross si keanu sa cover... >:(

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
nagdalawang isip akong bilhin ung constantine sa bahrain, 1 disc lang kasi,only to find out na inde pala magkakaroon ng constantine dito kasi may hawak daw na cross si keanu sa cover... >:(

saan dito sir?  :)

---------------

should have bought little shop of horrors the recalled one with the alternate ending. i saw one nung 2003 xmas warner sale.  :P

Offline radman

• Apprentice
  • ...been there,drunk that...
  • Liked:
^ sa saudi  ;D bawal cross...hintay ko pa december  :P

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
...because you did not listen to me ;D
yeah stupid mistake :-\

Chiv, di ka naman pala nakinig kay boss jeck e. ;D kamusta mga boss?

Great topic Chiv. ;D Dami beses na nagyari sakin to! ;D Halos puro Disney na R1. Ngayon mahal na lahat! :-[
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline Chivalry

• Collector
  • Chivalry is not dead!
  • Liked:
Chiv, di ka naman pala nakinig kay boss jeck e. ;D kamusta mga boss?

Great topic Chiv. ;D Dami beses na nagyari sakin to! ;D Halos puro Disney na R1. Ngayon mahal na lahat! :-[

hey seph, howdy! this sort of thing happens to me everytime kaya nga naghahanap ng kadamay, haha!  ;) 

like in the Viva-Fox sale a couple of months back... i told myself i'll just go back for the 299 php na Aliens, Xmen2 etc then a day later naubusan ako.

and if only i was in Manila the first few days of the Viva-Disney sale then maybe baka may Lion King R3 na ako. ::)

i also passed up a lot of good and cheap R1 & R3 titles when i was in Bangkok earlier this year because i was wary about bootleg stuff pero a friend confirmed na origs nga pala. Grrr! imagine R3 LOTR EEs in digipac for only 459 baht!!!  to add insult to injury, i instead got the crappy Secrets of Da Vinci Code and Secrets of Angels & Demons dvds na super poor transfer.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Offline wrAth

• DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
i also passed up a lot of good and cheap R1 & R3 titles when i was in Bangkok earlier this year because i was wary about bootleg stuff pero a friend confirmed na origs nga pala. Grrr! imagine R3 LOTR EEs in digipac for only 459 baht!!!  to add insult to injury, i instead got the crappy Secrets of Da Vinci Code and Secrets of Angels & Demons dvds na super poor transfer.

I wouldn't be too remorseful about the Bangkok R3s you passed up on.

when i was there a couple of years ago, i bought an R3 copy of We Were Soldiers for about B350, if i remember right. I think it was locally produced, or at the least, it was made specifically for the Thai market, much like what distributors do over here. Anyway, less than two years hence, i tried to play it, pero ayaw na mabasa, whichever player i try it on. My bro was able to watch it once though, when i first got it.

plus, as i recall, the video quality was rather subpar.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2005 at 01:12 PM by wrAth »
Quo vadis?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
yup sayang yun, was looking for one also kaya lang wala na. I guess the last copy during the Astro Podium sale was purchased by Sir MatZTER ;)

Huh? I got the last copy indeed, for P999.00.... But during the April Astro sale. Not the recent one.

I regret not getting Lion King R3 from one of the stores I went to during the early part of Viva's sale.

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Huh? I got the last copy indeed, for P999.00.... But during the April Astro sale. Not the recent one.

Oops, sorry made a mistake. It was a long line kasi sa cashier and I was medyo nasa dulo. Saw a copy na nasa basket kasama ng madami pang DVD's and akala ko kay sir Matzter ito. Sorry again, my mistake.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
LOTR, extended editions (the first two)

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
home alone...
attack of the clones...
yamacrapa: the tiger's treasure
ang hirap na maghanap kc mga out of print na

Offline aoshi900

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
When I was in the US, I already bought 4 DVDs that encompass the 3rd Generation of Robotech. But I'm more gamer that DVD buff and I was running out of dollars, so I returned them for a full refund to buy some video games.

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
Singin in the Rain (r3)

i was pretty sure i saw one waaay before on sale.... even at regular price right now couldnt find a copy  :(

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I ordered one of the last remaining copies of House of Flying Daggers (Limited 2-disc edition exclusive to amazon uk). It arrived here, the Araneta PO sent me a notice, and that night the post office burned down, and my dvd literally went up in flames. amazon uk said they would have sent a replacement but the title is no longer available, so they just reversed the credit card charges.

(however, HOFD will be the first ones out on blu-ray...hmmm...blessing in disguise?)

Offline darth mond

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
I saw a copy of Schindler's List Gift Set in Megamix a couple of years back. But I decided to save a little bit more. After payday wala na...lesson learned, Dapat swipe na lang muna hehe

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
home alone...
attack of the clones...
yamas**ta: the tiger's treasure
ang hirap na maghanap kc mga out of print na

if you're interested, i think emildjr. is selling an opened copy of home alone.  i bought his home alone 2 disc two weeks ago and he asked me if i was interested in the first one. 

Offline uebetan12

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
where can i contact him? this emildjr?

mura ba ang benta niya? makakakuha naman ako sa region 1 kaya lang mahal kasi ron, kaya baka makakuha ako ng mura sa region 3 daHIL sinale na yon ng P300 lang

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
i got my home alone 2 from him for 800.  siguro mas cheaper yung ha1 dahil opened na.  look him up at the marketplace section here or just pm him and inquire at this number, 09178458168. 

Offline RPhoenix

• Collector
  • Show Me Heaven, I Have Seen Hell
  • Liked:
last December 2005 saw a copy of Heaven and Earth ung vietnam war movie love story at Astovision SM Manila for only P299 with slipcase pa.  Being a war movie fanatic this is such a big loss for me.  But all is not lost as i got on the next day the Big Red One the reconstruction with slipcase also for P299.  ;D 
I might take you down but i will never let you down

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
HOFD LE (in plexiglass). hehehe... ;)
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
Singin in the Rain (r3)

i was pretty sure i saw one waaay before on sale.... even at regular price right now couldnt find a copy  :(

no longer got away.......jaz bought today a copy from Astro SM Makati.... couldnt resist  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
when HULK korean LE was released again last feb, it was one of my top wishlist. and now its oop  :'( :'( :'( i shouldn't have postponed buying it early march

Offline silvern

• Collector
  • I'm old
  • Liked:
jan 2006, saw a sealed copy of spellbound criterion for $19.99. i decided not to buy it then. hanggang ngayon pinagsisisihan ko pa rin.

Offline ghost2192

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here?
  • Liked:
Episode 2 of Star Wars sayang I should had purchased it back then.
I need a life!

Offline Movie_Geek_Tom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • "Heres looking at you,kid."
  • Liked:
How High DVD from Best Buy (U.S.A.)
Paalis na ako going back to manila and I did my last minute DVD shopping, I forgot that I was supposed to buy this DVD also.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2006 at 09:40 PM by Movie_Geek_Tom »
Panasonic TC-P50ST50 Plasma 3D
McIntosh MC-2102 Amp
Snell THX 9.4 Speaker Setup

Offline cel-shaded

• Collector
  • Forum Visitor
  • Liked:
If only I have the money that time, I would have bought the Korean DVD movie Windstruck Limited Edition from one member here. Now, it's OOP. :(