Author Topic: DVD and EVAT?  (Read 1365 times)

Offline upinsmoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DVD and EVAT?
« on: Oct 19, 2005 at 05:50 PM »
Kasama ba DVD ang EVAT?

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
Re: DVD and EVAT?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2005 at 11:57 PM »
I was actually gonna post a same topic.  I'm wondering if the approval of EVAT will affect the prices of DVD's mainly on R1's.  Because we use credit card's when ordering.  Current rate is plus 2.5 % for the ad valorem fee (I don't know what this really is).  So ang effect niyan is tataas lahat even this so called ad valorem.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 04:01 PM »
Has anyone seen an Astro receipt lately when you buy DVDs?  Have they inlcuded VAT already?  The receipt I got from Video City has it included as of last week when I bought a P299 DVD:

DVD:    P271.82
add:         27.18   10% VAT
total:    P299.00

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 05:02 PM »
Has anyone seen an Astro receipt lately when you buy DVDs?  Have they inlcuded VAT already?  The receipt I got from Video City has it included as of last week when I bought a P299 DVD:

DVD:    P271.82
add:         27.18   10% VAT
total:    P299.00

I think a lot of merchants are already breaking down the prices on their receipts into selling price and VAT. Inevitable na daw kasi yung additional 2% VAT by January. Maybe they want to be transparent when their prices increase by next year.

2% though is not really that much for DVDs. Yung 299 would probably be selling for P304.45 if we consider its base price of P271.82. For Warner's P350, maybe it would cost around P356.40.

Yun nga lang, if the general prices of all materials go up, tataas din yung base price ng DVDs then add 12% VAT  :o. Patay ang DVD budget natin  ;D

Offline gurang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Behind every myth is a liar
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2005 at 08:21 PM »
Supposed to be just the 2% increase next year. However, all retail establishments that are VAT-registered also have to contend with the new 70% input cap, which in effect imposes a 3% gross sales tax on the gross sales of all VAT-registered businesses. The impact will probably be felt starting shortly after the first VAT quarterly remissions are collected, or in a few months. In order for businesses to be able to keep a profit margin, especially small to medium enterprises, expect prices to increase by considerably more than 12%, probably between 16-18%.

I understand though that the BIR has come out with regulations that will try to mitigate the impact of the 70% input cap, though its not known how effective those would be, and which begs the question why did they impose the cap in the first place.