Author Topic: CD changer VS CD player  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Kamote-Tops

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Life is short! Enjoy every second!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CD changer VS CD player
« on: Oct 21, 2005 at 02:03 AM »
any difference in sound reproduction?  any good/bad experiences? 

Pros and Cons of a cd changer and a normal single CD player.

just curious.

thanks alot.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: CD changer VS CD player
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 08:07 AM »

just curious.

thanks alot.

If you think about it, assuming same design, di ba dapat wala? :)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 08:51 AM »
any difference in sound reproduction? any good/bad experiences?

just curious.

thanks alot.
I can only comment on the handler side. As a transport CD changer is much convenient wherein you can load most of your favorite  CD's  (especially 101 changer) eliminating manual handling of your CD less vulnerable to scratch & damage.

Most audiophile grade CD player are single loading CD's maybe the concentration is on the DAC or Analog side. You can use your CD Changer to "transport" (using digital out) and have an outboard DAC to resolve it.

As bumblebee said assuming same design DAC & Opamp in terms of sound must be nothing difference.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 09:48 AM »
When i was auditioning for a cd player before for my wife's use, we tried both the single cd and the 300 cd changer, sound quality almost the same to me(im not an expert on listening as my wife claims he he he) maybe bec they fall under the same price category so minimal lang ang diff se details.We end up buying the 300 cd changer for the convenience of having all your cds ready to play on demand,and if in the future we get tired of its sound quality then ill just get an outboard DAC to improve the sound  ;D

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 09:59 AM »

just curious.

thanks alot.

I believe the mechanism for the cd changer will be noisier compared to the single-tray cd player.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 10:04 AM »
A well made CD changer that I've heard from JVC and Pioneer sounds no different from their single players.  The circuits, according to the brochures, are essentially identical.  It's the tray mechanisms and the carousels that make up most of the price and determine to a large extent how smoothly they operate.  As in any single player, there'd be silent and noisy disk loading mechanisms, well-made and not so good changers.

Offline tanrover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2005 at 02:07 PM »
For the home or car? they should be the same except that there is more chances for it breaking down if it is a changer since the mechanism to switch disc is mechanical. I had my car & home changer brake down already.  >:(

a single cd is better for convenience since you can just drop in any cd. with the changer, you have to rotate the discs if you get tired of the discs on the changer every so often- might as well get an ipod and put all songs there to end the hassle.
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2005 at 02:09 PM by tanrover »

Offline Kamote-Tops

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2005 at 02:15 AM »
For the home or car? they should be the same except that there is more chances for it breaking down if it is a changer since the mechanism to switch disc is mechanical. I had my car & home changer brake down already.  >:(

a single cd is better for convenience since you can just drop in any cd. with the changer, you have to rotate the discs if you get tired of the discs on the changer every so often- might as well get an ipod and put all songs there to end the hassle.

for home use sana.. i am also thinking of an ipod sana kaso i dont wana sacrifice the audio quality. =)  i am planning to buy a 5-disc CD changer kasi.  i've read 1 comment re: CD changers, maingay nga daw yung mechanism.

is it worth trying? watchatink?
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2005 at 02:35 AM by Kamote-Tops »

Offline Kamote-Tops

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2005 at 02:36 AM »
If you think about it, assuming same design, di ba dapat wala? :)

dapat nga wala.. pero wala nga ba talga?  hmmm...

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2005 at 06:35 AM »
dapat nga wala.. pero wala nga ba talga?  hmmm...

Meron ba?

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2005 at 10:28 PM »
bro better try it side by side na lang sa sight and sounds shangri-la mall,that's what i did before that help me decide what to get  ;D very accomodating naman staff doon so pwede mo i try both single and changer plus diff brands comparison pwede din para maka decide ka talaga what's best for you. Honestly when i went there my mind was set on getting a NAD single disc player but having a lot of other models and brands to choose from nabago yung plano  :D :D :D

Offline Jakob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 04:48 AM »
cd changer has more moving parts, easily gets damaged, specially if always play in shuffle mode.

why not try mp3 capable players, single disc containing several albums. if you're only going to use for background music, and not really for critical listening.

;)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #12 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 09:15 AM »

for home use sana.. i am also thinking of an ipod sana kaso i dont wana sacrifice the audio quality. =)  i am planning to buy a 5-disc CD changer kasi.  i've read 1 comment re: CD changers, maingay nga daw yung mechanism.

is it worth trying? watchatink?

I got a Sony 400CD Changer and also added up another Sony 400 DVD / MP3 / SACD capable Changer... both of them seems very good even in sound reproduction. I may consider getting another Sony 400 DVD / MP3 / SACD and will have to dispose of the 400 CD Changer shortly.

-jackryan 8)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 10:40 AM »
I got a Sony 400CD Changer and also added up another Sony 400 DVD / MP3 / SACD capable Changer... both of them seems very good even in sound reproduction. I may consider getting another Sony 400 DVD / MP3 / SACD and will have to dispose of the 400 CD Changer shortly.

-jackryan 8)

Nice changer you have there jack,my brother uses that same brand and model sa ht setup nya and his very happy with it. Gusto ko sana din yan but problem is hindi kasya sa balikbayan box :'(  paano kaya i shipped yon?soory po OT

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 11:27 AM »
ricky... i think kasya sila sa balikbayan box... one I sent through airfreight... the other one via seafreight...