Author Topic: The Amazing Spider-Man is out now!  (Read 4191 times)

Offline sincnarf

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Amazing Spider-Man is out now!
« on: Oct 30, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
The Amazing Spider-Man is out now on DVD. I wanted to get reviews first before buying. From the back cover info, the extras are interesting with commentary and deleted scenes. However, I find Php799 too expensive for a 1disc DVD with slipcase (print is not of high quality either). I also noticed another version with the same specs but without the slipcase selling for the same price :(

I liked the movie after watching it in IMAX. With no BD player yet, I don't have the luxury of getting an R1 release with tons of extras. Should I wait owning this R3 release til the price goes down?

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man is out now!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2012 at 04:14 PM »
You can wait until December and see if the price will go down. Chances are it won't run out of copies this early in the market so it should be safe. Price-wise, can't really say if it will really be discounted since it's very new.

But since BD players are very cheap now, it's a good time to invest in one. If you're still using a standard TV then the DVD should be enough (haven't heard any news about the film's video quality but it should be enough for a standard TV).

Here's the review of the bluray just in case...

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Blu-ray/22855/#Review
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2012 at 04:18 PM by Dan »

Offline sincnarf

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man is out now!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2012 at 05:10 AM »
Thank you so much Dan!  :)