Author Topic: Titanic: 3-Disc Deluxe Collector's Edition (Php 900)  (Read 53975 times)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Titanic: 3-Disc Deluxe Collector's Edition (Php 900)
« Reply #60 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 08:49 PM »
Got my copy this morning from Astro SM North, of the five copies they received only one left  ;D

Offline moks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #61 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 12:07 AM »
early bird gets the catch...got the last two copies of the titanic collector's edition from astroplus sm city...yahooo.

Offline Ashburndaride

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #62 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 04:42 PM »
saw 2 copies as of 3:50 p.m today at SM Manila astro, grabbed one copy so isa nalang  ;D good luck hunters!

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #63 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 11:55 AM »
finally got one...good PQ & AQ. A steal @ P900... ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #64 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 07:48 PM »
Got my copy at VIDEO CITY at ATC last Sunday for 810 pesos together with Polar Express at 450, they have 10% less off the original prices. Great Deal! And when I compared the previous one which was non-anamorphic it blew the other one away not only in terms of picture quality but the soundtrack which was presented at DTS-ES 6.1 Discreet! Bravo VIVA!
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline kulasjt

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:15 AM »
Hi Guys!

Just asking kung ano ang pinag iba ang titanic 3 disc edition aws sa letterbox edition?
Para kasing pareho lang ang laki ng black bars nila (to/bottom)!

Thanks.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #66 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 06:17 AM »
Hi Guys!

Just asking kung ano ang pinag iba ang titanic 3 disc edition aws sa letterbox edition?
Para kasing pareho lang ang laki ng black bars nila (to/bottom)!

Thanks.

Three words.......Awesome Picture Quality! 

AWS is always better than letterbox IMHO.

Offline neon

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:57 PM »
Got my copy at SM Makati last week for  P891.00 only.
There's a 1% rebate using BDO Mastercard.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
I finally succombed and got a copy last Monday.  Video City and Odyssey at SM Sucat had one copy each as of yesterday.

Brings back some memories.  This is an 8-year old film that I saw as a pirated DVD in 2002.   Good thing I never had the compulsion to get the non-anamorphic  first release.   Another case of "good things come to those who wait."  Watched it in parts over the last few days and I must say, the three DVD-9 discs are worth it.  The 4-disc release is probably a better buy,  but for the price, I have little to worry about.  Some would say P900 would be just right.  Like buying those single P299 DVDs three times.  The extras on the third disc are definitely quite revealing and worth it.  A lot of reviews abound out there on the Titanic, but I can't help but put down my thoughts on what I've seen on these exquisitely packaged DVD set.  I especially liked the Parody section with the 30-sec bunnies.  It tells the nearly 4-hour-long film precisely in 30 seconds without really missing a beat.  And funny besides.   ;D  Even the Saturday Night Live parody is great.  I only wished it was Cameron who got kicked and punched and not the old lady, for giving us a silly love angle that is totally unnecessary and a waste given the awesome human tragedy that is the Titanic. 

After a drought of about 3 years after first watching it on pDVD (Never got to see it in the theaters.), I have to say the film is really a masterpiece of production value.  If only for this, the DVD is worth owning.   The story is something else.   With the way things are, Titanic is really more a love story between Jack and Rose revealed thru a treasure hunting expedition centering on the Titanic.  The Titanic tragedy becomes incidental and serves merely as a tragic prop to a tragic love angle essayed in a doomed treasure hunt.  ;D

This is one of the few titles I have with so many deleted scenes.  For some reason, I find the alternate ending found on the 2nd disc much more satisfying.  Personally, there's a few self-contradictions in Cameron's comments on those deleted scenes that I have to question much of what was put into the film.  Cameron says putting more meat to the strory of Brock is out of place right after a dose of the disaster.  He's right, after putting the disaster in the context of a treasure hunting expedition,  Cameron realizes that the subplot is really unnecessary and goes on to abandon a satisfying end to this subplot and instead truncate the ending, trying to put poetry into a silly love story at the same time putting a pathetic cinematic close to a tragic drama whose breathtaking sweep takes the wind out of any concluding attempt at poetry.  But it does nicely in the context of a contrived silly love story which unfortunately, the titanic is not about.  

The 3rd disc talks about  Cameron going to great lengths "separating the fact from fiction" in filming the Titanic story, and proceeding to film the disaster with the most realistic visuals at his disposal.  That's commendable, but Cameron invariably wastes his noble agenda and dillutes the drama by injecting a fictional love story in a contrived attempt to engage the audience emotionally in preparation for the impending disaster.  My goodness, the disaster's awesome breath is too emotionally engaging enough to bother justaposing a silly romantic tragedy in parallel with the ship's.  And I agree with Cameron in taking out the supposedely suspenseful fight scene between Lovejoy and Jack,  all attempts on their lives put unnecessary "jeopardy"  on top of the sinking.  There are just too much of the unnecessary shots in a film of this epic scope, including those that went into the final version.  What's so nice in the DVD extras is that the director seems to point them out unrepentantly.  Cameron promptly deletes the scene.

I just have to say that the film is definitively a visual and sonic delight about the sinking of a ship.  It's one great title to add to your collection.  For DiCaprio fans, what can I say.  His performance, while not in the same league as Billy Zane's psycho case, or Winslet's conflicted suicidal persona, is adequate enough.  With so little words, Bernard Lee as the captain speaks volumes on a man aiming to cap his career with this voyage but realizes it all ends in a matter of two hours. The other character players give meaning to the term humanity and provides some fascinating glimpses on what high society was at that time.  I can't seem to have enough of it.   

I wish another film will be released in the future about the Titanic from the point of view of the people who owned the liner - essaying the socio-political and business dynamics behind the creation and destruction of the ship.  More in depth look about the real people who were in it.  What the liner executives had to contend with creating the biggest moving object at that time and how they handled the horrors of its demise.  With the same visual realism as Cameron's vision.  But no love story, pls.   ;D  Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:20 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 10:16 PM »
Finally got my copy at Astro SM Pampanga...

Wow, ganda ng deleted scenes.

Though may gusto lng ako i-point-out  sa features:

1. As previously stated by some members, i really can't find the Microsoft HD Preview, and I have no idea what that is. (Is that the movie they're releasing on WM HD Format or is it now actually accesible on the disc itself??), Kung wala talaga yung feature na 'to, we can add it to the "Features on R3 releases are not consistent" section, hehe.

2. In comparisson of the features of the R3 3-disc and the R2 4-disc, it seems that the parodies that are contained on the R2 release are already on the 3rd disc... (And those parodies are only accessed as Easter Eggs on the R1 version...)

3.  Which gives me the conclusion that yung HBO Making Of Featurette and some trailers lang yung wala sa R1 at R3 verisons? So, in a way, good buy na din ito @ 900 pesos (810 pesos for those who got discounts...  ;D) IMHO...

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 12:18 AM »
yep! Big Steal na yan for P900 pesos! Im glad di na sinama ni Jim Cameron yung deleted scenes sa Theatrical version, (like what he did in T2 ultimate edition and extreme edition (pero u have the choice naman ;D)) medyo corny kasi yung ibang scenes lalo na yung alternate ending  :( just my "dos banchincos"  ;D but all in all A+ yung dvd!

and no need to panic buying peeps! nagkalat din ang TITANIC DVD sa Diff. stores....found copies at (astro, video city, record bar, odyssey) S.M san lazaro, SM manila (Astro), Robs ERMITA (astro)..  ;) hope this helps!

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:00 AM »
hindi ko pa napapanood yung copy ko, yun bang deleted scenes na sinasabi nyo nakasama na sa 194min movie? or part lang sya ng special features? meron kasi akong unang release na DVD na R1 and pareho yung length ng movie.

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 07:26 AM »
hindi ko pa napapanood yung copy ko, yun bang deleted scenes na sinasabi nyo nakasama na sa 194min movie? or part lang sya ng special features? meron kasi akong unang release na DVD na R1 and pareho yung length ng movie.

yung deleted scenes part lng cya ng special features... kaso ang dami! cguro if they added that to the movie, magiging ka length na nya ang ROTK EE!

at oo nga, nagkalat na ang copies ng TITANIC, i hope everyone gets a copy  :)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:19 AM »
Yup, Astro, Odyssey and Video City at SM Sucat has copies.  Aabot ata sa post christmas sale.  ;D

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #74 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 08:54 PM »
the deleted scenes amount to 45 minutes more or less, but it's a good thing cameron did not reinsert the scenes back because nothing would have changed much except the movie getting even more longer.  unlike the deleted scenes in t2, abyss and aliens,  they kind of changed the movie altogether from their theatrical versions, more interesting in fact, in the case of the abyss and aliens.  even the alternate ending lacked the emotional oomph of the theatrical version.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 08:58 PM by d45nu65+3R »

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 10:40 PM »
yep! i agree  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 10, 2005 at 12:12 AM »
Mayron pang available copy nito sa Odyssey Galleria  ;) Dina ako naka abot sa Astro Podium sale sa sobrang traffic  :(

Offline gbtormes16

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Dec 10, 2005 at 10:05 AM »
grab a copy of this last night for Christmas break viewing. :D
Learn to regret ahead...

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 02:05 AM »
This on dvd I like but bought it for collection purposes only. Hahahaha... Good luck sa mga hindi pa kabili!!! :-P

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 11, 2005 at 06:23 PM »
This on dvd I like but bought it for collection purposes only. Hahahaha... Good luck sa mga hindi pa kabili!!! :-P

got my copy yesterday at rustans ;)

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 11:30 AM »
saw several copies pa sa Astro SM Makati  ;)

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 12:20 PM »
there's a few copies at Odyssey Gateway Mall.

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 05:23 PM »
hmm...parang ala pa rin copy nito tower records sa glorietta... unless naubos na..... gagamitin ko kc yun bpi edge ko para may 10% discount - hehehehehe  ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 07:08 PM »
ang daming copies nito sa cebu na nakikita ko pa rin......doon sa mga nakabili na, does it have an insert wherein the scene index is printed or is it already printed on the digipak itself, TIA

8)

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #84 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 11:10 PM »
Tower ATC alabang mayroon and I got it less 10% using BPI edge......

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #85 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 04:39 PM »
buti pa ito parang nde mauubos, unlike batman de  :(

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 07:21 PM »
Sabi ko na ng ba.  With all those copies being ignored, baka masama sa sale ito next year for 399.   ;D  Ngayon pa lang may 10% off na.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2005 at 07:23 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Dec 16, 2005 at 07:50 PM »
Sabi ko na ng ba.  With all those copies being ignored, baka masama sa sale ito next year for 399.   ;D  Ngayon pa lang may 10% off na.

i dont want to rain in everyone's parade but wag naman sana.. if consumers would not buy these kinds of releases at list price, baka di na mag-import ang mga studios. ganda pa naman ng package.

anyhow, got this title for 10% off release day so no big deal, IMO.

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005 at 03:12 PM by hemisphere »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 10:23 AM »
sir printed on the digipak:

8)

thanks sir hemisphere.......on my r2 4-disc disc deluxe CE, the scene index is printed on a separate sheet and made as an insert, it's not printed on the digipak itself

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2005 at 10:24 AM by classicman »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Dec 17, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
that's a good execution! my Titanic R1 LE has been shipped by dvdempire. cant wait to see it. :)