Author Topic: Titanic: 3-Disc Deluxe Collector's Edition (Php 900)  (Read 54099 times)

Offline Agent Guile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Cyclops-Apocalypse fusion
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Titanic: 3-Disc Deluxe Collector's Edition (Php 900)
« Reply #90 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 01:55 AM »
I got mine at SM City North Edsa. :)

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 04:50 AM »
Ako, hintayin ko munang bumaba pa ng konti ;D
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 10:53 AM »
Ako, hintayin ko munang bumaba pa ng konti ;D

Pareho tayo pre... not that anxious to get this title pa.  Pero kung bumaba pa ito... pwede.  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 03:27 PM »
how low is low?

8)
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005 at 03:28 PM by hemisphere »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 04:10 PM »
399 - 495???   ;D  Maybe even lower.    I already got mine at a 10% discount before Christmas,  by 2006 summer sale, I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 04:23 PM »
LOL!!

;D

baka magsara lahat ng DVD studios sa Pinas..   ;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 04:38 PM »
Well, yung Star Wars 1 and 2 sellng for 899 when they were released are now only 299.  And so many other titles selling for close to 1T now sold at 299 or 350.  Diyan din lahat ang bagsak ng mga yan after about a year languishing in the shelves.   ;D

Actually, a few years back in a other forum, I learned it only cost around $2.00 - $2.40 to mass produce and package an R1 DVD title, depending on the volume, among others, inclusive of overhead.   Kaya nga sa sale price na P299 tubo pa sila.   ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005 at 04:44 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
well.. hopefully this would not be a trend. it would not actually kill the industry but value of the item somehow depreciates. cant blame anyone though. R1 Titanic is selling for less than $15.00 shipped. that's why i purchased the LE instead for collectibility.

why cant they sell the dvds at a much lower price like what warner is doing?

8)

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2005 at 06:30 PM by hemisphere »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 09:38 AM »

why cant they sell the dvds at a much lower price like what warner is doing?

8)

PROFIT!!!!

There's a break even point in anything sold.  When DVDs and CDs are first released, the makers calculate it would only take X number of titles sold to break even at the standard SRP they often dictate.  After that, it's all tubong lugaw.  Kahit mag-sale na, for as long as they met the X number of titles on the first run, tubo na. 

Warner's pricing strategy seems more market oriented.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #99 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:32 AM »
Also as with any other businesses, owners want to recoup their investment ASAP with a "satisfactory" percentage of profit.  Believe t or not this is just good business sense.  After they achieve that, even if the DVDs are on sale...they would just treat this as additional income.

Warner's strategy seems to be mass producing their DVDs at a lower cost.  They seem to want to make profit by selling truck loads of DVDs instead of having a return of investment at the shortest time.  In the long run, I would say this would be more profitable.  Because even if I don't really like a particular movie, with Warner's affordable price range...I end up buying the DVD for collection purposes.  I reckon..."  Tutal 499/475 lang naman."

;D

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 12:31 PM »
well.. hopefully this would not be a trend. it would not actually kill the industry but value of the item somehow depreciates. cant blame anyone though. R1 Titanic is selling for less than $15.00 shipped. that's why i purchased the LE instead for collectibility.

Often I can't help but question if DVDs are indeed collectibles whose value is expected to appreciate over time. Admittedly there are titles that are hard to find or those so-called OOP (out of print) titles that can command a good resale price.  But only TODAY or for as long as DVD is the dominant video format. 

DVD,  no matter how good it is,  is still a format that is very much technology dependent.  And anything that is technology dependent has so much obsolescence.   20 years from now, when HD-DVD or Blu-Ray or some other more universal high definition format becomes the dominant video format for home repro, I have to wonder what those OOP and criterion DVDs would be worth, especially if the studios would also be releasing those same titles in the HD formats.  By that time, I don't see how my kids and their generation would have any compulsion to buy old DVD stuff, when the newer HD formats will thrash even upsampled DVDs.  I think a parallel situation can be seen with what happened to VHS-tapes and LDs.  I have a colleague in the US with a roomful of nicely packaged LDs and wall -to-wall VHS collections.   And they're all junk by now.  For a time LDs tried to hang on.  But the picture and sonic superiority of DVD has been so demonstrably proven that they eventually converted  LD aficionados.  (The audio LPs are another story as the debate betwen analog and digital in audio reproduction still rumbles on.)  And HD is a real jaw-dropper.  It makes an upsampled DVD look garbage by comparison on the same display.   ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 12:53 PM »
avphile, i believe that DVDs would eventually become a thing of the past. but its collectibility depends on markets and cultural perception. i have been participating in other forums where LD's of Star Wars, Nightmare Before Xmas, Lion King, and other films are sought after and being revered as ultimate releases. also, VHS tapes of godfather, titanic and red dragon are collectibles because of additional film stuff not found in the present releases.

re OOPs and other collectible releases, it is only in the Philippines that these DVDs are not purchased at real time market value. maybe because of lack of knowledge or a pending uneducated purchase is proved to be difficult to resist. whatever the reason is, the Filipino market customizes its taste, value derivation and perceived truths according to economics and present (not future) significance in their lives.

dominant or not, DVDs with unique packagings would always have a place in history maybe not in our time but in the future. and these releases would definitely reap big bucks or value as technology progresses. now, DVDs in plain amaray cases.. im not so sure.

;)

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2005 at 12:56 PM by hemisphere »

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 02:12 PM »
avphile, i believe that DVDs would eventually become a thing of the past. but its collectibility depends on markets and cultural perception. i have been participating in other forums where LD's of Star Wars, Nightmare Before Xmas, Lion King, and other films are sought after and being revered as ultimate releases. also, VHS tapes of godfather, titanic and red dragon are collectibles because of additional film stuff not found in the present releases.

re OOPs and other collectible releases, it is only in the Philippines that these DVDs are not purchased at real time market value. maybe because of lack of knowledge or a pending uneducated purchase is proved to be difficult to resist. whatever the reason is, the Filipino market customizes its taste, value derivation and perceived truths according to economics and present (not future) significance in their lives.

dominant or not, DVDs with unique packagings would always have a place in history maybe not in our time but in the future. and these releases would definitely reap big bucks or value as technology progresses. now, DVDs in plain amaray cases.. im not so sure.

;)

Collectibility is more a financial proposition than anything.  It's like a derivative investment that banks on their future value.  It can go either way.  We're actually gambling and betting they'll command unique values in the future to command appreciated prices.  In your example of LDs, the film stuff and features in some LD titles that are nowhere in the new DVD releases guaranteed they have a unique value that can command collectibility status. And how many are these against all the LDs and VHS released?  I don't think LD buyers knew that when they bought them 10 years ago.  What if the newer DVD releases had the same film stuff and features?  They'd be junk.  That's the risk.

So packaging can be a collectibility determinant.  I hope you're right, as I do have some titles with unique packaging.    ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #103 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 03:53 PM »

;)

Sir Hemi, mayroon din akong VHS Box ng Titanic, if i am not mistaken parang 3 VHS in all. Puwede bang mabenta yun, sayang naman naalikabukan lang  ;D

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 04:10 PM »

medyo OT, but i think to add up with you guys, DVD's nowadays does not have re-sale value for the mere reason that P-dvd's are all over the place, why would an ordinary juan delacruz invest on a 900 peso dvd compared to a 55 pesos P-dvd with the same video quality??? tayo na lang talaga mga "collectors" who really invest with orig dvd's for the prestige and quality...just my two cents ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:20 PM »
Sir Hemi, mayroon din akong VHS Box ng Titanic, if i am not mistaken parang 3 VHS in all. Puwede bang mabenta yun, sayang naman naalikabukan lang  ;D

ebay US sir! the US release has a senitype (ata) so make sure yours is mint.

8)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:23 PM »

So packaging can be a collectibility determinant.  I hope you're right, as I do have some titles with unique packaging.    ;D

yeah that!!   ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 11:44 PM »
ebay US sir! the US release has a senitype (ata) so make sure yours is mint.

8)

Two tapes lang pala. Posting pictures of my Titanic VHS  ;D Have lots of VHS movies din. What I liked about VHS players is its capability to play slow motion  ;)

« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2005 at 12:11 AM by vtec3 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 12:33 AM »
looks nice! ebay it vtec!

8)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 01:02 AM »
some dvd players can play slow-mo, too.

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 10:31 AM »
Two tapes lang pala. Posting pictures of my Titanic VHS  ;D Have lots of VHS movies din. What I liked about VHS players is its capability to play slow motion  ;)

wow, i remember begging my mom to buy me a copy of that VHS tape sa video city a few years ago...

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 02:46 PM »
wow, i remember begging my mom to buy me a copy of that VHS tape sa video city a few years ago...

my copy has been viewed only once and in very good condition pa. actually did not open the envelope with pictures until last night when I took pictures of it  ;)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jan 02, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
coolness.  8)

my cousin has the Titanic VHS too. We used to watch it every Sunday. During its peak years. I remember the senitype film, kasi i used to oggle over it. Amazed na amazed ako dun. LOL.

How much kaya Titanic VHS sa Ebay?  :P

Ill give my cousin the DVD version. She is one big Titanic fan.

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 08:37 PM »
Sa mga naghihintay na magsale ito, punta na kayo sa Tower Records Glorietta and Landmark P550 na lang ito.

Still world peace

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 07:16 AM »
will go later sa tower records.... sana may natira pa  ;D

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 09:29 AM »
550 na lang?  Coolness!!! Makadaan nga mamaya  ;D

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 11:24 AM »
Tower Records at Landmark lang ba?  Pa-update naman kung how much sa AstroPlus... thanks!  ;)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 12:03 PM »
may sale pala ngayon sa glorietta?

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 01:44 PM »
yay! finally got myself a copy at Tower Records priced at P550  ;D

Offline warpzone

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
Hi Sir,

What branch of Tower Records?  Glorietta?  Thanks!