Author Topic: You know you've too many DVDs when...  (Read 25091 times)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: You know you've too many DVDs when...
« Reply #120 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 05:52 PM »
Also... when you start keeping them in your office because you will get into another argument with your wife when she sees you with your new purchases...  ;D

Hehehe... bad but I hide them from her when I take them home and just discretely slip them into the rack...  ;) I also just buy her her Friends box sets to keep her happy  ;D

It's every man's dilema esp when u bought a new boxset. hehe :) Sometimes still get caught if not careful

Offline garfield_3199

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 08:35 PM »
When you stare at your dvd collection and fall asleep while trying to decide what film to watch.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 08:47 PM »
When you stare at your dvd collection and fall asleep while trying to decide what film to watch.

;D LOL!!! This has happened to me several times... Sometimes I just end up watching TV...  ;D
Meron pang times that I want to watch one of my sealed dvds but nanghihinayang akong buksan  :)

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 11:01 PM »

;D LOL!!! This has happened to me several times... Sometimes I just end up watching TV... ;D
Meron pang times that I want to watch one of my sealed dvds but nanghihinayang akong buksan :)

Sobrang nakaka-relate ako! LOL! Made a rough count tonight and at least 40% of my dvds remain unwatched! ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Mar 10, 2005 at 11:40 PM »
Guess it's when u have no more storage space na & always fighting with the wife..or when the wife would say "U Luv your DVD more than u Luv me!"  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2005 at 11:40 PM by pchin »

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jul 25, 2005 at 08:23 AM »
After doing a disc inventory, I just realized that I am missing 5 titles! A couple of cases are empty. Saan na kaya napunta yun?  ??? ???

Masyado  na talagang marami!

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 09:18 AM »
when you forget what titles you already have and end up mistakenly buying duplicates.
Quo vadis?

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #127 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 09:46 AM »
You spend more money in buying DVD Racks and storage cases to accomodate your DVDs....

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 09:53 AM »
You're selling your collections to make space for upcoming titles

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 10:23 AM »
when you're thinking of transferring your DVDs to dvd binders or cd sleeves to save space on your DVD rack :) ...
shuffle up and deal!

Offline maverickph

• Collector
  • DVD Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 12:55 PM »
HA HA HA. LOL,  This thread really makes me laugh from start to end.  I thought I was only one who have a fight with my wife of buying and buying original DVD eh marami pa rin pala kami.

You know you've too many DVDs when... You Still order more DVD and you didn't watch them beacause your so busy only to find out that your player is defective na. 

You know you've too many DVDs when...  mas mahal pa mga DVD boxset kaysa player mo.
Happy to meet You.

Offline maverickph

• Collector
  • DVD Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
It's every man's dilema esp when u bought a new boxset. hehe :) Sometimes still get caught if not careful

Ha ha ha.  I did the same I usually hid my new dvd at the office and I also slip new to my collection. I only caught one time when my wife saw the receipt of my dvd slip on top of my cabinet when she clean up the area. The big question to me by my wife is " WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY TO BUY THOSE DVD? >:( ??? ::) :-[

:D ;D
Happy to meet You.

Offline ryu

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 04:23 PM »
Ha ha ha.  I did the same I usually hid my new dvd at the office and I also slip new to my collection. I only caught one time when my wife saw the receipt of my dvd slip on top of my cabinet when she clean up the area. The big question to me by my wife is " WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY TO BUY THOSE DVD? >:( ??? ::) :-[

:D ;D

Me too.  The DVDs I recently bought, I hide it from my wife and secretly slip it in our cabinet. Since its full na including my secret boxes, I need to dispose some para hindi halata.   ;D

Offline viper

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 06:04 PM »
when you forget what titles you already have and end up mistakenly buying duplicates.

That happened to me!

Twice!   (Willy Wonka / Blood Work - all four still unopened!)   :) :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 10:35 PM »
posted as a link months ago, i have revisted this article and shared some universal truths about this hobby. Read on. Excerpts from You Might Have a DVD Problem If…

* Your wife begged you (unsuccessfully) to see Moulin Rouge in the theater, but you counted the days to the DVD release.
* You feel the need to lie to even anonymous people on the internet - downgrading the number of DVDs you really own.
* You look forward to seeing the movie (the second time) on DVD more than seeing it the first time at the movies.
* You bought a movie that you didn’t really like simply because you heard it had great bonus features.
* You swing the conversation over to when the uncut edition of the Boondock Saints will be available in Region 1 with the additional two minutes like it is in Japan… at your son’s hockey game.
* You bought the special edition, collector’s edition, the ultimate edition (rated) and the ultimate edition (unrated) of American Pie and you didn’t even like the movie.
* You purchased a used version of The 400 Blows for $400 on Ebay “just to fill out your Criterion Collection” when a perfectly good version by another distributor is available for $25 new (you also just might now understand what ‘The 400 Blows’ really means).
* You stay up late searching the latest DVD, pressing up, down, left, and right searching for ‘hidden’ Easter eggs.
* You enthusiastically responded to the forum poll: Your Five Favorite DVD Menus.
* You’ve posted so much on a DVD message board that you’ve been given the status “DVD Evangelist”.
* You have the time to come up with 43 reasons why you have a DVD problem.
* You’ve ever agonized over how to organize or display your DVDs.
* You buy Johnny Mnemonic even though you know the movie SUCKED, just to have the SuperBit version.
* You have stacks and stacks of DVDs waiting for months to be entered in your online DVD tracking site.
* You hide the credit card bills for all the DVD purchases the previous month.
* You rush home to get to the mailbox first, or happen to work nights and set your alarm to get up in the middle of the day to get the mail before your wife/girlfriend/significant other can see what you’ve ordered.
* You have a conversation with a fellow DVD collector on a break at work talking about special features, ultimate editions, the deal you got on a DVD, etc., and your co-workers look at you like you are some kind of super freak from outer space.
* You are on your computer, and check back & refresh the DVD message board more than six times an hour, looking for new posts.
* You started collecting DVDs a year after your friend turned you on to them, and have since surpassed their total collection, and you take great pleasure in this fact.
* You have several hundred DVD movies in your collection and still can’t find something you want to watch.
* You start your day with a cup of java and a DVD web site’s bargain section so you don’t miss any misprices.
* You walk around with your eyes squinted so that the world appears to be in widescreen format.
* You spend so much money on DVDs that your wife puts you on a monthly budget for the new year, and by January 9th you’ve already spent your budget through May 15.
* Your collection is cited as one of the reasons for your divorce.
* You get a post office box that you don’t tell your wife about!
* You’re on a first name basis with the majority of the postal staff because you get so many packages.
* You think of your paycheck in terms of how many DVDs you can buy.
 * You sneak newly bought DVDs into the house and put them on the rack hoping they will blend in and your wife doesn’t notice the twenty-five you’ve bought in the past month.
* You buy a full season of Star Trek Voyager for $100.00.
* You spend an ungodly amount of time reorganizing your collection to alphabetize it and a month later you’ve received enough DVDs that you need to do it again.
* You and your significant other argue over who will be the one to buy a new release so it can be in their collection.
* You spend too much on building up your Criterions and forget that Valentine’s Day is coming soon and you’re broke!
* You remodel your home to accomodate more shelf space, knowing that those shelves too will soon be full.
* Spine numbers are more important in your life than women.
* You read this list and nod your head a lot.

these statements are on top of my list.   ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #135 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 11:26 PM »
hehehe... I can really relate to most of the statements here...
this problem just resurfaced for me after the Astro Podium sale... I want to buy another rack but my wife has already put her foot down and refused saying our living room is already overflowing with dvds...  :P :P

now, I have dvds stored in my lateral cabinet at my office...  ;D

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 12:14 AM »
* You walk around with your eyes squinted so that the world appears to be in widescreen format.

LOL. I loved this one.

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #137 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 02:08 PM »
You start giving away things inside your cabinet to give way to your new DVD purchase  ;D

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 05:43 PM »
Lots of funny quotes there! U'll never know u have too many till u did ;D

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #139 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
Pag d mo na alam kung anong panonoorin mo ??? Sometimes and always, i watched the part with
actions to test my ht setup then i change to another title (again and again ::). i usually watched those with superb sound (dts)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 07:56 PM »
You know you have too many DVDs when you start buying a title too good to pass up because it's on sale only to realize when you get home that you already have it somewhere on the top shelf, bought when it was still overpriced but forgot about it.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2005 at 07:57 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 11:42 PM »
posted as a link months ago, i have revisted this article and shared some universal truths about this hobby. Read on. Excerpts from You Might Have a DVD Problem If…

* You are on your computer, and check back & refresh the DVD message board more than six times an hour, looking for new posts.
* You start your day with a cup of java and a DVD web site’s bargain section so you don’t miss any misprices.

i can relate to almost all especially these.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2005 at 11:42 PM by ranran »

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 11:44 PM »
You know you have too many DVDs when you start buying a title too good to pass up because it's on sale only to realize when you get home that you already have it somewhere on the top shelf, bought when it was still overpriced but forgot about it.  ;D

ouch!  :D

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 10:52 PM »
...you feel guilty about flaunting your recently-purchased Band of Brothers DVD boxset when your younger brother only has a VCD set...

...your father starts to complain about why you spend so much money on DVDs, just like the time he also complained about you spending so much on your heavy metal album collection (in cassette tape pa!)...

...your younger brother then starts to complain about the same thing...

...you spend too much time switching from one DVD to another and not finish viewing either one, instead of watching one DVD movie in its entirety...

(just sharing my experiences with you guys...)

Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Oct 05, 2005 at 10:56 PM »

i'd like to add:

* You mark your calendar with DVD release dates or DVD Sale rather than birthdays and anniversaries.
* When watching TV, you always look for subtitles... even when its the news.

;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 10:26 AM »
...70% of your collection is still sealed and you still havent watched most of the opened ones.  ;D

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 09:55 PM »
...you start to think anything that resembles a picture tube must have a matching DVD/CD player to go along with it.

For example:
                         21" big screen TV ---------------------------- 5.1ch DVD Home Theater system

14" small screen TV ------------------------- 2ch cheap DVD player with no speakers

14" PC monitor ------------------------------- internal/external 52x-24x-24x combo drive
                                                                                         (DVD-ROM/CD-writer) to connect to your PC!!!

...then you contemplate about purchasing one of these gadgets:

Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline radman

• Apprentice
  • ...been there,drunk that...
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Oct 15, 2005 at 02:01 PM »
...you notice that your housemates stopped buying dvds and start depending on whats your latest purchase  >:(
...you start looking for forums like this (newbie ako  ;D )

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Oct 17, 2005 at 03:20 PM »
You know you have too many DVDs when you can't remember if the wall was wood or cement.  Because the stackable DVD shelves already cover the entire wall.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Oct 17, 2005 at 05:25 PM »
...70% of your collection is still sealed and you still havent watched most of the opened ones.  ;D

to continue...And you still go on buying more DVDs, specially with all the DVD sale around.

-Which I just did awhile ago  ;D