Author Topic: SUKOB  (Read 8031 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SUKOB
« Reply #30 on: Aug 23, 2006 at 08:49 PM »
Spoilers alert! Caught it a while ago at the new Block Cinema in Sm North Edsa. Its still showing in two theatres at Sm North.

Chito Rono successfully combines again the elements of shock and scary value in his latest opus. Rip-off from Asian horror movies, where else can we borrow? But in defense, technically superior and can be at par with our Asian neighbors. They should have toned down a bit with the annoying musical score. But the cast especially Claudine Barretto, Bernard Palanca and most especially Ronaldo Valdez delivered the goods and deserve to be commended!

The scene at the morgue with Claudine & Bernard was the one that I nearly jumped and jolted me from my seat! It was creepily executed, the atmosphere, lighting and the visuals. I don't know if that scene alone can topple Celso Ad Castillo's horror opus PATAYIN MO SA SINDAK SI BARBARA, but that scene alone in SUKOB is worth the ticket price already.

I need to turn on the lights in my room when I go to sleep tonight.

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2006 at 09:01 PM by keating »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 08:21 PM »
Available on DVD today, Php 600.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2006 at 08:23 PM »
Finally saw this movie. I now posit that a Kris Aquino horror movie will never be totally scary because of the actress. It's like watching plywood act.

Offline jmigs

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 06:25 PM »
Bakit Dolby 2.0 lang yung DVD? damn dba yung feng shui 5.1. :\

Offline johnnyblaze

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 04:43 PM »
Finally saw this movie. I now posit that a Kris Aquino horror movie will never be totally scary because of the actress. It's like watching plywood act.

couldn't agree more. IMO, this movie is over hyped and predictable.

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 11:23 AM »
scary enough. ayoko lang yung window scene. pero ok na din for the effort.

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 12:51 AM »
I bought Sukob on DVD and since I’ve read a few favorable reviews I had some high expectations.  I was so disappointed.  This is a waste of money.  It is derivative, manipulative (in a bad way), confusing, poorly acted (except perhaps by Ronaldo Valdez), and just plain silly.    The only thing that’s going for it is that it’s technically well-made so some might equate that to being a good movie.

Honestly even if I don’t really care much about Feng Shui.  It’s the better movie.

Offline RitchieNolasco

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 09:14 PM »
Raked in a total of P170 M and still counting even surpassing FENG SHUI. Will catch it before the week is over.

Some people stated that Sukob made P245 M. Could you confirm that ?

Offline kawaii-karol

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 07:46 PM »
He thinks she did good. I disagree. Everyone in the film was fantastic, except her.
hahahaha, noel c'mon don't be too hard on kris, although i agree with you, kris can't act. But she tries hard, not enough though.

Offline kawaii-karol

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 08:27 PM »
Spoilers alert! Caught it a while ago at the new Block Cinema in Sm North Edsa. Its still showing in two theatres at Sm North.

Chito Rono successfully combines again the elements of shock and scary value in his latest opus. Rip-off from Asian horror movies, where else can we borrow? But in defense, technically superior and can be at par with our Asian neighbors. They should have toned down a bit with the annoying musical score. But the cast especially Claudine Barretto, Bernard Palanca and most especially Ronaldo Valdez delivered the goods and deserve to be commended!

The scene at the morgue with Claudine & Bernard was the one that I nearly jumped and jolted me from my seat! It was creepily executed, the atmosphere, lighting and the visuals. I don't know if that scene alone can topple Celso Ad Castillo's horror opus PATAYIN MO SA SINDAK SI BARBARA, but that scene alone in SUKOB is worth the ticket price already.

I need to turn on the lights in my room when I go to sleep tonight.

i don't think so..Patayin sa Sindak si Barbara, was one of the best horror film i've ever watched.  Lorna T. and Dawn Zulueta's good acting made it perfect and the story we're not  so..so too. Not like this  Sukod. The story we're so predictable. Kris wedding never takes place yet a lot of things we're happening already. And that neighbor, i don't think it had something to do with the story. No offense meant but i don't think it's worth the comparison.

Offline kawaii-karol

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 10, 2008 at 08:42 PM »
She has more career in hosting indie boi. LOL! But she always gets the best roles, man. I'm wondering about that.
Maybe it's because the'y can't find someone as tackless as kris...and why people we're watching her shows or movies?...well, only to criticize her. But to be fair..everybody criticize everybody.