Author Topic: Optical input newbie  (Read 1518 times)

Offline chrisP23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Optical input newbie
« on: Nov 08, 2005 at 07:15 PM »
I have a problem regarding the setup of my HT. I connected the Optical cable output to the Optical input of my Yamaha DSP-AX457 receiver, I don't know if there is something wrong with the generic DVD player because it has no sound output or I still need to change the setting of  the receiver. I am using Xenon DVD player. with optical out and multi CH outputs.  Kindly help. Thanks!

Offline itgbkj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Home Theater and Photography tandem
  • Liked:
Re: Optical input newbie
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2005 at 07:19 PM »
Chris,

Umpisahan natin sa player mo...
tingnan mo yung other end ng optical cable mo (that connects to the receiver), kung umi-ilaw, okay ang setting mo sa player.  If not, try to find the configuration ng player mo na naka DTS.  Let's limit muna yung choices to DTS para sigurado tayo na output thru optical cable sya.  Of course, make sure yung bala mo DTS ang audio... not dolby digital.

Ito muna... baka maguguluhan ako sa mga sinusulat ko dito.  hehehe...

good luck!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2005 at 09:28 PM »
Check the audio settings of your DVD player first.

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2005 at 12:03 PM »
Yes its in the DVD Player.

Be sure that you set the Digital out/SPDIF out to ON with RAW signal.

Yes it can also be in the Receiver.

Be sure that you have selected the correct input, most Receiver has assignable digital input. Be sure that you porperly selected the correct input with the corresponding source.

Offline chrisP23

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 02:20 PM »
Check the audio settings of your DVD player first.

Ok subukan ko tong idvice nyo mga sir... salamat po ng marami.  yung po bang brand ng optical cable ay isang factor din? Meron kasi siyang output na red na ilaw sa dulo ng optical cable so it means good naman yung signal. Sa setting nalang po siguro ng player at ng receiver. Isa pang problem siguro mostly pinapanood ko pirated pero may DTS naman sa language nito. pasensya na po at maraming salamat sa mga nag advice... :)

Offline chrisP23

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 05:55 PM »
Chris,

Umpisahan natin sa player mo...
tingnan mo yung other end ng optical cable mo (that connects to the receiver), kung umi-ilaw, okay ang setting mo sa player.  If not, try to find the configuration ng player mo na naka DTS.  Let's limit muna yung choices to DTS para sigurado tayo na output thru optical cable sya.  Of course, make sure yung bala mo DTS ang audio... not dolby digital.

Ito muna... baka maguguluhan ako sa mga sinusulat ko dito.  hehehe...

good luck!

Sir, sinubukan ko na po yung advice nyo, i checked also the other end of the optical line may ilaw, im using Xenon bran dvd player, di ko pa sure kung accurate nga na may output ito sa digital e. sinubukan ko n din po un setting sa sound setup nya naka RAW lahat and yung iba pang options,  sa receiver nman naka DTS and AUTO mode wla pareho.. im using  5th element orig DVD pang test ... try ko po ulet  sa iba pang DVD ko...  thanks sir!

Offline elvenears

• Collector
  • dont drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 11:44 AM »
sir di po ito pang aasar pero ganyan ako dati kaya lang ang player/receiver ko ay pc.....minsan sir nasa manual po ang solution........pero i understand na tayong mga pinoy minsan di mahilig magbasa ng manual....heheh...pero sir what i would advice is that you get some wine or a cup of coffee, a good comfortable chair and read your manual.....suggestion lang po
from the antigravity defying force of an immortal jedi

Offline chrisP23

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 07:49 AM »
THanks for your concern, i was able to solve the problem by changing the cord to a more reliable brand...  and also i cant read teh manual because it was in japanese although i was able to understand some of it. thanks! happy new year!!