Author Topic: What program do you use to keep track of your DVD collection?  (Read 48610 times)

Offline stannum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Huh? Me, a collector?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What Do You Use To Catalog Your DVDs?
« Reply #120 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 11:55 AM »
Of course, Excel! Hehe. But I tried DVDAficionado and it seems OK. Can't see myself updating all that often since, let's face it, it's hard to fit DVDs into my budget.
Je ne regrette rien.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #121 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 01:48 PM »
Guys, is there a freeware that I can use to catalog my DVDs using a PC that is not connected to the Net? THanks!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #122 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 01:48 PM »
Guys, is there a freeware that I can use to catalog my DVDs using a PC that is not connected to the Net? THanks!

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
Re:What Do You Use To Catalog Your DVDs?
« Reply #123 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 03:49 PM »

You can try this one, wherein you have the option to enter the data for your collection (including pictures) manually offline or acquire them once you're online using the scripts. You can then browse your collection at your own leisure without being connected to the net/ ;)

I'm tinkering with a freeware program Ant Movie Catalog 3. Anybody who tried this already?

[/url]

Features
  • User interface translated in several languages: English (default), Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish
  • Can store catalog in two file format: its own binary format or XML
  • Import information from Internet (using scripts); by default it includes scripts for IMDB (US), Allociné (FR), DVDZone2 (FR), Monsieur Cinéma (FR), Culturalia (ES), OFDb (DE), Port.hu (HU), ...
  • User-customizable links to do a search on movie websites
  • Information importation from avi/divx files (audio & video codec, bitrates, resolution, framerate, size)

Scripting technology, using Object Pascal language, allowing to modify catalog: Find & replace, moving field values, ...
  • Printing, using customizable templates
  • Export to other formats: HTML (based on a template that you can modify or create yourself), SQL commands (to re-import data in a DBMS such as MySQL), CSV (text files, can be used as tables with Microsft Excel for example)
  • Import from other formats: CSV (Microsoft Excel can create such files, but a plain text file can be used too), Divx Manager, BaseDVDivx
  • Can store pictures inside catalog or link to external files (recommended for large pictures)
  • Supports PNG, JPEG and GIF
  • Loans management
  • Statistics with chart and pies
  • Can display the list as a tree, where movies are grouped by a specified field
  • Tested successfuly under Windows 95 (1st edition), Windows 98 (1st edition), Windows NT4 Workstation (SP4), Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional
[/b]

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 06:39 AM »
Of course, Excel! Hehe. But I tried DVDAficionado and it seems OK. Can't see myself updating all that often since, let's face it, it's hard to fit DVDs into my budget.

same here. using DVD aficionado counters my short-term memory loss. mas reliable yung fave site ko kesa spreadsheet ko. madalas kasi nagca-crash PC ko, usually from unlabeled copy-controlled CDs. down with fat recording corps! ;)
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Oct 09, 2004 at 08:06 AM »
As always, the ol' reliable dvd aficionado online and for my palm naman, i've upgraded my program to listpro professional.
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline sandman

• Collector
  • All your dreams ... in a fistful of sand.
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Oct 29, 2004 at 04:08 PM »
Yup. I also use DVDAficionado to catalogue my collection.  Yun lang nga, Im not sure if all my DVDs are already catalogued at baka may nakalimutan akong i-log doon.

Actually, I also use the ever trusty, ever reliable notebook and pen.  This is much more accurate coz you don't need to turn on your computer to write your new acquisitions down.  It is a bit messy (well ... it really depends on your handwriting  ;D) but at least you can write them down as soon as you get it. Di pa magastos sa kuryente!! - coooool!!  8)

Offline Artemis

• Collector
  • "but perhaps, to love someone you can't have...
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 01:59 PM »
i still have my dvds listed in an excel file. this i print to check which of my dvds are in the rack and which ones are out (usually borrowed by friends and relatives). but i use guzzlefish.com to compile and archive my collections online.  O0
is a wound only death can heal..."   - Orpheus

Offline tanrover

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
cataloging titles
« Reply #128 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 11:55 AM »
How do you catalog the title of DVD that you own? on PDA, database, why bother,.....

Offline tanrover

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 02:06 PM »
use this-

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=867&associateid=185

it's good. it works on your pocket pc. so, that you can use it without booting up your pc.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 10:03 PM »
Would anybody know if there is a software for Sony Ericsson P800 with a corresponding Desktop version too? Thanks :)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
MS Excel and DVD profiler...  ;D

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #132 on: Jan 05, 2005 at 06:46 PM »
DVD Profiler!  ;D

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jan 11, 2005 at 10:15 PM »
am using dvd profiler for quite some time now, but I've been having problems using it lately...  Ni hindi ko ma download ung mga dvds ko! 

Am planning to migrate it to DVD Aficionado.  Can anyone tell me if I can export/migrate my dvd collection from dvd profiler to dvd aficionado?  the easiest way ??!  Medyo marami na rin kasi ako na add dito e... Thanks! :)

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/patupup

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2005 at 10:16 PM by patupup »
shuffle up and deal!

Offline cherubrock

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jan 19, 2005 at 07:11 PM »
am using dvd profiler for quite some time now, but I've been having problems using it lately...  Ni hindi ko ma download ung mga dvds ko! 

Have a similar problem when uploading to dvdprofiler.. an error prompt appears saying there's a newer version of the file available, but as of now I'm pretty sure the newer one is available only to premium (read: paying) registrants  :-\

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jan 19, 2005 at 09:51 PM »
Have a similar problem when uploading to dvdprofiler.. an error prompt appears saying there's a newer version of the file available, but as of now I'm pretty sure the newer one is available only to premium (read: paying) registrants  :-\

cherubrock, there is a newer version of Profiler and its for the "non-payers." You just need to go to intervocative and download it for free. Had the same problem but was immediately remedied after I got the newer 2.3.1 version.

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jan 19, 2005 at 09:59 PM »
cherubrock, there is a newer version of Profiler and its for the "non-payers." You just need to go to intervocative and download it for free. Had the same problem but was immediately remedied after I got the newer 2.3.1 version.

Thanks, I'll be doing that now  ;)

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:13 PM »
Thanks, I'll be doing that now  ;)
any news cherubrock on version 2.3.1?  I tried downloading it, pero same problem as before di ko pa rin ma-download dvd list ko  :(  Same error "An error occured importing this profile"...  Kakainis  >:(
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2005 at 09:15 PM by patupup »
shuffle up and deal!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jan 30, 2005 at 01:22 PM »
any news cherubrock on version 2.3.1?  I tried downloading it, pero same problem as before di ko pa rin ma-download dvd list ko  :(  Same error "An error occured importing this profile"...  Kakainis  >:(

I just downloaded mine and installed the new version... automatic na

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jan 30, 2005 at 03:31 PM »

guys instead of downloading your lists from the net... there is a backup function within dvdprofiler itself.

before i upgraded... i backed-up my list to a dpb file. it will save EVERYTHING... notes, prices bought, dates, etc. etc. even covers. (which is handy if you scan your own covers para mas hi-res.) just make sure you u check both "include cover scans" & "full user database"...

you can now uninstall the old verion then run a fresh installation of the new one. once done... just "restore" your list using the "restore function"... it's really easy... quick too. ;)

and the only internet time you'll need is to download the installer and update the database. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2005 at 03:34 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline cherubrock

• DVD Addict
  • use soap
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 12:45 AM »
any news cherubrock on version 2.3.1?  I tried downloading it, pero same problem as before di ko pa rin ma-download dvd list ko  :( Same error "An error occured importing this profile"... Kakainis >:(

Downloaded and installed the newer version, and my problem before was solved! I do have some problems with some titles that have script error messages on the "Sundance" skin, but other than that, it's been working just fine.. Hope you remedy your problem soon!  ;)

guys instead of downloading your lists from the net... there is a backup function within dvdprofiler itself.

before i upgraded... i backed-up my list to a dpb file. it will save EVERYTHING... notes, prices bought, dates, etc. etc. even covers. (which is handy if you scan your own covers para mas hi-res.) just make sure you u check both "include cover scans" & "full user database"...

you can now uninstall the old verion then run a fresh installation of the new one. once done... just "restore" your list using the "restore function"... it's really easy... quick too. ;)

and the only internet time you'll need is to download the installer and update the database. ;)

Hi SPiFF! Musta na? Like jeckjeck, mine just installed over the new one, and it works fine. But if that doesn't work out for some, couldn't they just upload their existing collections, uninstall the previous version, download and install the new version, and download his online collection from the site? Hmm.. binabasa ko pa lang parang mas complicated nga, hehe.. ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jan 31, 2005 at 06:05 AM »
Downloaded and installed the newer version, and my problem before was solved! I do have some problems with some titles that have script error messages on the "Sundance" skin, but other than that, it's been working just fine.. Hope you remedy your problem soon!  ;)

Hi SPiFF! Musta na? Like jeckjeck, mine just installed over the new one, and it works fine. But if that doesn't work out for some, couldn't they just upload their existing collections, uninstall the previous version, download and install the new version, and download his online collection from the site? Hmm.. binabasa ko pa lang parang mas complicated nga, hehe.. ;D

hey rocky! i'm great... thanks for asking!  ;D

the method i explained is really easy to do and ideal should any hiccup happen during the installation of the new version (leaving you with a faulty version installed... ya never know right?) ... OR if for some reason your PC'c contents will be wiped out (like if you got a new PC or just reformated the hard drive of your old one.)

personally, i prefer to uninstall old versions and just do a fresh install of new ones. it's just a habit i picked up noon pa. i think it keeps your system registry and stuff more clean that way.

i keep a lot of notes on my entries plus i keep the original hi-res scans of the titles i submit (para mas maganda) so that method was perfect for me ... made the mistake once of not locking some titles before (gladiator R3 and strictly ballroom R1-canada) and ayun, na-overwrite yung ini-scan ko with the lower resolution version of the scans i submitted. :(

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Feb 02, 2005 at 06:22 PM »
finally happened... my laptop's hard drive crashed destroying all my precious dvd profiler data...  :(

I do have the info uploaded in Intervocative's site... sana ma-restore ko once I get my unit back... :'(

Offline purple_jedi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Feb 13, 2005 at 04:09 PM »
haven't been active in PDVD for sometime. Never realized there's a new version already. Did my update and no problems so far  ;D

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jul 25, 2005 at 08:31 AM »
What is your recommended DVD Listing application for PDAs?

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
What program do you use to keep track of your DVD collection?
« Reply #145 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 08:55 PM »
I'm not sure if this topic already exists in any of the forums, but i'm looking for the best way to keep track of my DVDs, very similar to VideoList Plus.

Here are my personal requirements:

1. it has to be a software/program than can be used on a PC/laptop(of course)

2. better if it can also be used/hotsynced with my PDA (PalmOS5)

3. it should have all the info I need; from title, region, edition, length, lead & supporting actors, producer, movie company,director, aspect ratio, price, acquired from, year made, genre, language, subtitles, PAL/NTSC, DTS, DD, THX, etc..

A database from MS Access will do (if anyone can send me a set format na) ;D
Or a cracked program (oops, pwede ba to?)

hoping for your quick response... thanks in advance

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: What program do you use to keep track of your DVD collection?
« Reply #146 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 07:53 AM »
Im waiting too  ;D

Offline barracuda

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
What is your recommended DVD Listing application for PDAs?

I downloaded and tried several applications / databases.  I ended up making one on SmartList To Go.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #148 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 04:09 PM »
thanks MOD ;D

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jan 13, 2006 at 12:01 PM »
Try going to dvdafficionado.com.