Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender  (Read 8778 times)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« on: Nov 12, 2005 at 08:58 PM »

In a lost age, the world is divided into four nations: Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. Within each nation, there is a remarkable order of men and women called the "benders" who can learn to harness their inborn talent and manipulate their native element. Bending is a powerful form combining martial art and elemental magic.

In each generation, only one bender is solely capable of controlling all four elements. That bender is the Avatar. The Avatar is the spirit of the world manifests in human form. When the Avatar dies, it reincarnates into the next nation in the cycle. Starting with the mastery of his or her native element, the Avatar learns to bend all four elements. Throughout the ages, the countless incarnations of the Avatar have served to keep the four nations in harmony.

Then, the firebenders attacked. Just as the world needed the Avatar the most, he mysteriously vanished. A hundred years later, the Fire Nation is near final victory in its ruthless war of world domination. The Air Nomads were destroyed, the Air Temples ravished, and all airbender monks eradicated. The Water Tribes were raided and driven to the brink of extinction. The Earth Kingdom remains and fights a hopeless war against the Fire Nation. Many believe the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads and the cycle is broken.

In the desolated South Pole, a lone Water tribe struggles to survive. It is here that the village's last remaining waterbender Katara and her warrior brother Sokka rescue a strange 12-year-old boy named Aang who has been suspended in hibernation in an iceberg. The tribe soon discovers that Aang is not only an Airbender--the extinct race no one has seen in a century--but also the long lost Avatar. Now Katara and Sokka must safeguard the child Avatar in his journey to master all four elements and save the world from the Fire Nation.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2006 at 06:34 PM by RNIverson »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2005 at 09:00 PM »
Character Guide

Aang (The Avatar) - Aang is the last airbender, the world is depending on him to save their planet. Aang woke up from an one-hundred year sleep when Katara and Aang came and found him inside an iceberg. Aang is just a kid and he must do everything he can to save the world. Aang is the last airbender and he must do what he can to save his new home, Earth and the world around him.

Katara - Katara is the young waterbender who found Aang inside an iceberg. Katara is very brave and will usually come up with a quick plan. Katara still has much to learn before she becomes a powerful waterbender. This waterbender will be able to help Aang save all four nations and to live in peace and harmony.

Sokka - Sokka is Katara's older brother. Sokka likes to call himself, strong. He is from the Water Nation and has a very unique weapon, a boomerang. Sokka does not have waterbending abilities but he works for the Water Nation. Sokka is in a group with Katara and Aang to defeat the Fire Nation.

Toph - A 12-year-old, blind Earthbender who flees her wealthy lifestyle and home to join Aang on his quest in season two. Her parents are incredibly overprotective, leading her to rebel and fight in underground tournaments. Her popularity as "The Blind Bandit" attracts a hopeful Aang, then looking for an Earthbender to teach him. Though blind, Toph possesses a unique ability to sense vibrations in the ground, essentially allowing her to "see" her surroundings.

Momo - Momo is Aang's lemur friend. Momo cannot talk because he is a lemur but Aang can usually react to what he is saying. Momo is pretty much like any other lemur but Momo is very loyal and protecting. It seems that Aang knew a lemur like Momo, one-hundred years ago. This is so because lemurs were common pets of the Air Nomad children in the past. Momo was found by Aang in episode three, "The Southern Air Temple".

Appa - Appa is a huge bison who was left behind like Aang. Appa is Aang's flying bison who will only fly if you say the words, "Yip, yip!". Appa is very strong and powerful creature, it will destroy anything in it's path. Appa premiered in the first episode, "The Boy in the Iceberg (1)" as a major character.

Prince Zuko - Prince Zuko is has one mission and that's to capture Aang. Prince Zuko has one goal and that goal is to capture the Avatar. Zuko is determined to do anything, as long as he captures the Avatar. He is always trying to capture the avatar. One of the biggest reasons is for his father love. Zuko feels that if he captures the avatar his father will love him and if he doesn't then he is nothing to his father. He is also one of the strongest fighters in all of the Fire Nation. Zuko has came up to be a very big threat to all Nations.

Uncle Iroh - Uncle Iroh is Prince Zuko's uncle and companion of Zuko. Iroh is the father figure in Prince Zucko's life. Although he may always seem very serious he has a humorous personality that he occasionally un-folds. Iroh is a former commander of the Fire Nation and sticks with the attitude of his nephew.

Fire Lord Ozai - Fire Lord Ozai is the ruthless, permanently shadowed Firebender ruler of the Fire Nation (currently for six years), brother of General Iroh, son to Fire Lord Azulon and Fire Lady Ilah, and father to Prince Zuko and Princess Azula. He is also the husband of Princess Ursa. The Fire Lord is leading his country in a century-long war against the other three nations of the world, the goal of which is to create a planetwide empire. The war began when Ozai's grandfather Fire Lord Sozin utilized the firebending-enhancing powers of a comet to launch his first strike, the genocide of the Air Nomads. Now, the war is in its final stages. By summer's end, Sozin's comet will return, giving the Fire Nation the power needed to storm the Earth Kingdom capital of Ba Sing Se and realize Ozai's goal of world conquest.

Princess Azula - The 14-year-old princess of the Fire Nation, Zuko's younger sister, Iroh's niece, and Fire Lord Ozai's favorite child. Azula has been especially cruel all her life. Her mind is set on war and power; she manipulates and even tortures others, including her own "friends" and her brother. At the end of season one, Ozai sent Azula on a mission to arrest Zuko and Iroh and to capture the Avatar.

Mai - Mai is a cold, calm, and reserved young woman, and an old schoolmate and longtime friend of Azula and Ty Lee. She is an extremely skilled warrior in the art of shuriken-jutsu, her primary weapon being small, fletched stilettos that are spring-loaded in holsters on her wrists and ankles. She also employs a variety of other throwing weapons with deadly accuracy and has proven herself capable of besting a powerful bender despite not being a bender herself.

Ty Lee - Ty Lee is a cheerful and somewhat ditzy young Fire Nation acrobat/gymnast, the daughter of a nobleman, who grew up at the Fire Nation royal court and attended the Royal Fire Academy for Girls with her friends, Princess Azula and Mai. Ty Lee is a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, skilled in kyusho jitsu, or the art of attacking pressure points on the human body. This was proven when she alone was able to take down an elite platoon of Earthbenders with ease by striking a bender's pressure points she is able to "chi-block," and thus temporarily remove their ability to bend.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2007 at 10:31 PM by RNIverson »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2005 at 09:03 PM »
nickelodeon has started it again from the beginning  >:(  during the middle part of chapter 1: water... there are 4 chapters, i wonder why re-run chapter 1 again  :(  anyway, i hope it'll continue this time, it's quite a good show  ;)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 08:29 PM »
nickelodeon has started it again from the beginning  >:(  during the middle part of chapter 1: water... there are 4 chapters, i wonder why re-run chapter 1 again  :(  anyway, i hope it'll continue this time, it's quite a good show  ;)

started again from book 1 chapter 1 last sunday  :(

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005 at 06:39 PM »
ano po nangyari last sunday...di ko napanood e?
bagong series po ba ito o inulit lang? baka kasi meron ng vcd/dvd ng buong series e.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 12:52 AM »
nde ko rin alam last xmas  ;D

3x ng naulit sa nick channel, nde matapos-tapos ang book 1  >:(

Offline sillyputty

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2006 at 09:15 PM »
yung ending po ba ng book1 e yung siege of the north? napalabas na po ba (kahit sa states o saan man) yung book 2-4?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2006 at 08:25 AM »
not sure about books 2-4, but book 1 has finally been continued last weekend  ;)  aang and katara are now starting to look at each other differently  ;D

Offline sillyputty

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2006 at 12:43 PM »
that was the fortuneteller episode..
the next episodes are..
bato of the water tribe
deserter  (initial fire bending training!)
northern air temple
waterbending master
siege of the north (2 episodes...this one is nice)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2006 at 09:58 AM »
at least, fire bending from the avatar  8)  i know he's a natural airbender, but he should've other tricks  ;)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2006 at 01:05 PM »
deserter  (initial fire bending training!)

i was looking forward for this episode but nick just doesnt have the full episodes, i guess  :(

Offline chalkdust_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 01:13 AM »
galing ng cartoon na to!

it has a great storyline and the artwork is amazing. minsan nga lang parang sobrang konti ng tao sa marketplace, parang napagod mag-drawing ng tao yung mga artists. but i really like this cartoon.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 10:33 PM »
I know nothing about this series except for the fact that Prince Zuko is played by a Filipino, Dante Basco. Might try to check it out in the future.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006 at 10:34 PM by Phobos »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
all-new episodes on may20 at nick  :D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006 at 02:39 PM »
i think they also changed the title a bit too...  ;)

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006 at 05:10 PM »
what's the new title sir? haven't been watching lately  :(

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 01:01 PM »
just finished book 1 today. any one knows how many episodes does book 2 have?

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 01:15 PM »
So far 16 episodes of book2 have aired already.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 03:17 PM »
thanks RDyENT. im starting book 2 today. just downloaded the first 9 episodes, hopefully there's more

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 08:32 AM »
was able to finish 16 episodes of book 2 yesterday. surprising revelations, new characters & powers, and some twist of events are all there. at least now we're seeing 3 elements fighting together, and sometimes all 4. we're hoping uncle iroh can be the avatar's firebender master, or maybe even prince zuko, but we'll see in book 3...

Offline RDyENT

• Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 08:36 AM »
That was fast RNIverson! Eagerly waiting for the next episode. ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 07:08 PM »
added new characters introduced in book 2. also, some recap of the last episodes...

Lake Laogai
Aang and his friends continue to search for Appa and, unbeknownst to them, they aren't the only ones looking for him. Also, the kids meet up with Jet, whom they are understandably reluctant to trust.

The Earth King
The kids battle Long Feng the Dai Li when they attempt to show the Earth King the vast conspiracy taking place in his city. Zuko becomes seriously ill and has feverish dreams as he faces a spiritual crisis.

The Guru
not released yet...

The Crossroads of Destiny
not released yet...
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2006 at 01:48 AM by RNIverson »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Nov 12, 2006 at 01:52 AM »
i was waiting for someone to upload episode 18 till now. turns out it will be shown on nov 17. long wait  :(  more bad news is that the last two episodes will be aired as an hour-long episode on dec 21

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 12:16 PM »
just finished book 2, and its season finale is quite disappointing. it didnt turn out well as i hope for. they have a lot of explaining to do in book 3. speaking of book 3, i hope they'll finally show the face of fire lord ozai. btw, mark hamill provides the voice for the fire lord... or may i say darth lord ozai  ;)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 05:45 PM »
I thought the season finale was just okay, though I enjoyed episode 18 more. I couldn't believe how the 4 of them could take on all those earth benders. How could Ba Sing Se have survived the fire nation if 4 kids can beat them. ;D Maybe they don't even need the earth kingdom and they can attack the fire nation by themselves. Ah, kaya lang di pala nila kaya si Azula and the other 2. ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2008 at 10:18 PM by sardaukar »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 07:29 PM »
i was disappointed with the finale because of zuko's decision. i expected more of him after all the metamorphosis he'd gone through. others are hoping its a plot of zuko and uncle iroh against the fire nation, that's an interesting theory  ;)  oh well, better wait for book 3...

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2007 at 08:38 AM »
I just started watching this and I think the Earth Benders are the most rockingest people in the rock and rolling world. Word.

One thing's bothering me though. Air benders bend the air around them. Water Benders need water to use their abilities. Earth Benders are rendered useless if they don't have Earth to work with.

Then why can Fire Benders make Fire appear out of thin air? What's up with that?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 04, 2007 at 11:44 AM »
i think that wasn't really explained. body heat maybe  ??? ::) :P

toph was able to bend metal in book 2. then should water benders be able to bend people thru their blood  :P
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2007 at 06:34 PM by RNIverson »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Mar 17, 2007 at 06:50 PM »
Shyamalan Signs up for Avatar Trilogy
M. Night Shyamalan has signed a deal with Paramount Pictures to write, direct, and produce a trilogy of live-action films based on Nikelodeon’s Avatar: The Last Airbender.

i wonder if its true  ::)  and who's gonna play aang  ;D