Author Topic: Help me trouble shoot my receiver  (Read 842 times)

Offline ianmorales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help me trouble shoot my receiver
« on: Nov 26, 2005 at 01:19 AM »
Sir, will any one help me on my amp. I had a denon 1603 receiver which i purchased it a year ago. The other thay i was listening to it, suddenly it turned off and the stand bye light keeps on blinking.  And when i turn on the receiver the it will just turn off and the stand by lights kept on blinking.

Sir, any one here in our commnity would help me trouble shoot my receiver.

Thanks guys in advance.

Offline Sunfire

• Collector
  • No music. No life.
  • Liked:
Re: Help me trouble shoot my receiver
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 05:33 AM »
Dude, something's wrong with your amp.  The primary or secondary power of your amp is preventing doing more damage to the circuitry (if turned on completely), thus, the blinking of the lights.  The safety protection is doing its job.  Try to send it to any Denon service centers in the Metro for checking.  Based on my experience, amplifier ICs are usually the culprit.  Just don't worry.  If parts are available, it could be easily repaired.

Sunfire  8)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 07:33 AM »
best thing for you to do is send it back to the store where you bought it for some after sales service. i suspect that the protection circuit in your amp tripped and that may be due to some component failure, or could it be your speaker cable developed shorts. what you can do is to remove the cables and see if your receiver turns on or not.
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 09:43 AM »
brod, isoli mo sa pinagbilhan mo yan kung under warranty pa (usually 2yrs?).  wala ka ng magagawa dyan.  the same happened to my denon avr2802 when it was new (1 day old) and a huge power surge was the culprit.  the dealer immediately replaced it - magkasunod nga yung serial #.  i just don't know how good are the dealers there in manila when it comes to repairs/replacement and hopefully it goes well for you.

shalom

Offline ianmorales

• Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2005 at 10:56 PM »
Dude, something's wrong with your amp.  The primary or secondary power of your amp is preventing doing more damage to the circuitry (if turned on completely), thus, the blinking of the lights.  The safety protection is doing its job.  Try to send it to any Denon service centers in the Metro for checking.  Based on my experience, amplifier ICs are usually the culprit.  Just don't worry.  If parts are available, it could be easily repaired.

Sunfire  8)
Sir, How much did you spend on the repair of your amp?