Author Topic: Plasma Tv Delivered to your Door!!! by e-2-door.com  (Read 3486 times)

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Plasma Tv Delivered to your Door!!! by e-2-door.com
« on: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:01 PM »
Hi. Below is an email I got from e-2-door.com. FYI :)

Plasma TV’s Delivered to your Door!!!

We just want to let you know that we found real great TV deals for you to choose from:

1.) Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK 42" 4000:1 ED Plasma Display -  door delivered at PHP 137,000
2.) Samsung PPM42M5S / 42-Inch / 852 x 480 / 10,000:1 / Black / ED Plasma TV – door delivered at PHP 143,000
3.) Sony FWD42PV1/B 42-inch 10000:1 852x480 Black ED Plasma Display – door delivered at PHP 145,000

To learn more about their product details, please visit the following links:

Panasonic
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1513439&CatId=387

Samsung
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1472851&CatId=387

Sony
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1428465&CatId=387

Please take note that prices are subject to change based on the merchant’s SRP, stock availability and the FOREX rate of e-2-door.com at the time you place your order.

All prices are based on shipping by sea which takes 35 to 45 days from the time the item is shipped to our USA offshore hub.

Delivery destination assumes Metro Manila. Provincial deliveries will be subject to a re-quote for approval by the client depending on the delivery destination.

Cannot be availed in conjunction with other discounts. A 4% discount will be applied to cash payments.

For more info, please send an email to [email protected]

Offline Ice Storm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Plasma Tv Delivered to your Door!!! by e-2-door.com
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:11 PM »
hubes do you think this promo could be applied to this DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand w/ 3-Year Warranty that sells for $434.25/P23,541.00?

Offline hubes

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:23 PM »
most probably pwede. try to email e-2-door.com and tell them what website and item so they can quote you.

Offline alice c. go

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:36 PM »
ASK E-2-DOOR if the plasma TV shipment would go through CUSTOMS. If no, then this company deserves a transaction, and chances are it'll open a lot of business by selling these plasmas. If they tell you, on the other hand, that the sets WOULD HAVE to pass through Customs, then the touted savings and bargain prospect is as good as goat's turd. A plasma set of P137,000 is by all means a dream price level, but there's no way I know where it would not get levied by Customs tax, in my estimate the goods would likely get slapped with as much as 23% in consumer electronics tax based on the declared value. And E-2-Door would not be so bold to UNDER-VALUE it on the declared receipt or commercial invoice. Before posting such announcement like this, the poster ought to know the undeclared costs of such somehow-good-to-be-true offers, there's no way anybody could circumvent around the Customs' tentacles, unless E-2-Door would resort to shipping it as a BALIKBAYAN cargo. But that's far off.....  

Offline hubes

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:44 PM »
I have transancted with e-2-door.com before and base on my experience, the price they quote to you is final and includes all taxes and duties. I am just not sure if the prices quoted above is reasonable or not.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2005 at 04:45 PM by hubes »

Offline Ice Storm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 07:17 PM »
Woah...

This is the actual unit being used as a display for Xbox 360.

Offline alas6

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 08:26 AM »
Panasonic TH-42PWD8UK / 42-Inch / 852 x 480 / 4000:1 / Contrast Plasma Display / No Tuner

...alang tuner?  di ba mahal din yun (around 20k)?

Offline dlb

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 08:37 AM »
I have transancted with e-2-door.com before and base on my experience, the price they quote to you is final and includes all taxes and duties. I am just not sure if the prices quoted above is reasonable or not.

yes hubes is right.  i have been a customer of e-2-door for a couple of years and i have nothing but praises for them.  same as hubes, based on my experience, the price they quote you is inclusive of everything.  maybe the other poster should ought to know about the company first (try google) before making so many assumptions...just my 2 cents :P

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 05:11 PM »
Hi hubes, dlb.  Would you know what the policy of e-2-door is, for defective items upon arrival?  Can you refuse delivery if there's a dead pixel?  Will they charge extra shipping for a replacement?

Offline hubes

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 06:57 PM »
Hi hubes, dlb.  Would you know what the policy of e-2-door is, for defective items upon arrival?  Can you refuse delivery if there's a dead pixel?  Will they charge extra shipping for a replacement?

am not so sure about their policy on defective items, especially if the items are pricey. I only bought inexpensive items from them. but i think if the item is defective and it has warranty in US, you have to pay for the shipping.

Offline watdhek

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 12:39 AM »
Just to give you something for comparison...

I bought a 42" Panny Plasma a year ago. I had it shipped here via Port Jersey Shipping and they charged me almost $600 inclusive of door-to-door delivery, insurance (4% plasma cost), and Philippine taxes and duties (10%). My plasma arrived 48 days after leaving the US (it spent 10 days at Phil Customs).

Now hubes mentioned the 42 Panny Plasma will cost P137K delivered. If you check the price at Tigerdirect.com, it has a tag price of $1550 or P85250 ($1=P55). Assuming the US sales tax is waived since it will be shipped directly to the Phil, e-2-door will charge you P51750 or roughly $940 for delivery, and Phil. taxes & duties.

I don't know, but I think paying $940 is too much when you can have it shipped here safely and problem free  for something like $600.

Concerning questions about policies, ie. items damaged during shipping, I think the insurance will cover that. Defective units such as plasmas with dead pixels wont be covered by the insurance so you still need to contact the online store/manufacturer directly for such concerns.

Additional Info (slightly off-topic):

Panasonic Philippines will cover the cost of parts and service of plasma units bought outside the country provided they carry an international warranty. I believe US models dont carry such and you will have to shoulder repair costs should your unit break down.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2005 at 08:08 AM by watdhek »