Author Topic: Ice Age Super Cool Edition. No, not the Extreme Cool Ed. This is Different  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Dip Lovers Rejoice!

Title: Ice Age
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 14th March 2006
SRP: $19.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Entertainment has just announced the new two-disc Ice Age: Super Cool Edition which will be arriving in shops this March. The disc will include both anamorphic widescreen, and full screen transfers, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. Extras will include a commentary by Director Chris Wedge & Co-Director Carlos Saldanha, six deleted scenes with director commentary, a seven-part making of Ice Age documentary, a three-part animation progression feature, a Size Comparison/Science Behind Ice Age Gallery, and a Build Your Own Design gallery. Completing the package will be a Scrat's Missing Adventure "Gone Nutty", an Ice Age 2 Sneak Peek, a "Bunny" short with intro and optional audio commentary, six set-top games, trailers, and various DVD-ROM features. You'll be able to own this one from the 14th March, priced at around $19.98. We'll bring you the official region one package art shortly.

From DVDActive.com

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Milking everything for what its worth ha before the sequel is shown!  Hahaha!

I think I will stick to my 250 (299 really but bought it sa Astro Podium sale where they even brought the price down)  Extreme Cool Edition for a while.

Unless of course it's priced at 299!   :P

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ano ba yan!!! they're really milking the fans to the bone marrow.  I may be sucker once, but not again.  Extreme, Super, what's next?   I don't know if anyone with a 16:9 TV would want a full screen version thrown in.  My goodness.  The movie really is not that great anyway.  I hope the market stands up this time that they cannot be a milking cow for movie studio churning out different editions of a DVD one after the other with nothing much to show. 
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2005 at 06:10 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
this is just a re-release of the first release. same features and offerings. no need to buy.

8)

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
This is not a very good move.

But I still like the P250 SALE edition.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
this is just a re-release of the first release. same features and offerings. no need to buy.
 8)

Kaya pala pareho nung features nung DVD ko ngayon. What's super cool about that ???

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Baka naman this is just the Region 1 counterpart of the R3 Extreme Cool Edition? Madalas naman kasi nauuna tayo sa Fox Special Edition DVD's than in the States. We've double dipped on this months ago. This release is for the American double dippers naman. So I think there's no need to feel sorry that our release is older. And besides, 299 bucks na nga ito now.

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
cover art:
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Before you see the light, you must die!!!
  • Liked:
Ice Age: Super-Cool Edition
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 12:32 PM »
to anyone who would know...... is this identical to the Extreme Cool  Edition that is selling locally for 299 pesos?
Picture quality over plot

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Before you see the light, you must die!!!
  • Liked:
ay sori po, may nauna na palang thread! hehehehe
Picture quality over plot

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
 8)

yup, i agree bro, carton slip case lang yata yung nadagdag, saw the r3 release yesterday at sembawang... :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2006 at 03:47 PM by ThePatriot »