Author Topic: Need Advice in setting up and positioning of Equipment  (Read 743 times)

Offline Paltik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need Advice in setting up and positioning of Equipment
« on: Dec 18, 2005 at 06:29 PM »
Hey guys, im quite new to his thing. im not reall much of an audio guy, but last week i purchased these from a friend:

1.) JBL Northridge Series NSP-1 (4 bookshelf, 1 center)

2.) JBL Power Bass PB10

3.) Kenwood KRF-X9060D-G

4) Monster Cable THX
150 ft Gauge 16 monster cable

i installed the speakers on the walls like so (center speaker is on top of TV):

my question is, did i position my speakers right? they are angle toward my couch and the foot of the bed. will the sound be better if i had purchased speaker stands instead? the set up takes up only half of the room. 

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Need Advice in setting up and positioning of Equipment
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 07:59 AM »
bro, ive been on the same predicament before.. after reading so many literatures on speaker positioning for HT / Music purposes what i did was to try all. In so doing i discovered the best for my taste. For me, first: if ur using only two surround speakers, it is best if both face each other, second: It is also best if you can draw a straight line accross your front SPEAKERS, your EARS and your SURROUND back, so the height of your surround should be dependent on the height of your fronts and the location of your ears when you sit down in the middle of your setup. I also see that your have a relatively square listening area so your may not have so much problem on speaker placement.

All principles on the subject are based on results of tests, and so with what i am saying here. Of course we may not have similar environment and equipments, hence it is better if you try it by yourself.  ;)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II