Author Topic: Advice Needed in speaker positioning  (Read 682 times)

Offline Paltik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Advice Needed in speaker positioning
« on: Dec 18, 2005 at 06:29 PM »
Hey guys, im quite new to his thing. im not reall much of an audio guy, but last week i purchased these from a friend:

1.) JBL Northridge Series NSP-1 (4 bookshelf, 1 center)

2.) JBL Power Bass PB10

3.) Kenwood KRF-X9060D-G

4) Monster Cable THX
150 ft Gauge 16 monster cable

i installed the speakers on the walls like so (center speaker is on top of TV):

my question is, did i position my speakers right? they are angle toward my couch and the foot of the bed. will the sound be better if i had purchased speaker stands instead? the set up takes up only half of the room. 

btw, the set up cost me about P35k, is this cheap? they are all brand new and arrived from the U.S.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
Re: Advice Needed in speaker positioning
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005 at 07:19 PM »
hi Sir, 35k for a 5.1 spkr setup + av receiver and cables is a pretty good price. no need to worry about stands as the satellites look like they were designed for wall mounting (front ported) they seem to be a little too high though

that mounting height is good for stores that want to play ambient music for shoppers but will sound a little weak for HT. ideal height of the 3 front spkrs would be a max 2 feet distance between the center's and fronts' tweeters (note: height diff not side to side placement)

maybe you can compensate by increasing the channel levels of the fronts and surrounds using a test tone and spl meter :)
money is best spent

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Advice Needed in speaker positioning
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 06:25 PM »
If they're angled towards the listener's ears at seating position, which they seem to be, shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2005 at 06:26 PM by av_phile1 »