Author Topic: Upcoming Disney Releases  (Read 8681 times)

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Upcoming Disney Releases
« on: Dec 22, 2005 at 08:27 AM »
DISNEY VAULT (UPDATE)

Just some of the titles Disney is planning to release (at least in the U.S.)...

• LADY AND THE TRAMP: 2-DISC PLATINUM EDITION
  • THE SHAGGY DOG: THE WILD & WOOLLY EDITION
  • THE SHAGGY D.A.: THE CANINE CANDIDATE EDITION
  • MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO (2-DISC SET)
  • HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE (2-DISC SET)
  • WHISPER OF THE HEART (2-DISC SET)
  • BABY EINSTEIN: MEET THE ORCHESTRA - FIRST INSTRUMENTS
  • REMEMBER THE TITANS: DIRECTOR'S CUT (UNRATED EXTENDED CUT OF 2000 FOOTBALL DRAMA)
  • CHICKEN LITTLE (INCLUDING 3 ALTERNATE OPENINGS)
  • LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE (2-DISC SET)
  • MODERN MARVELS: WALT DISNEY WORLD
  • THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE
  • POOH'S GRAND ADVENTURE: THE SEARCH FOR CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (SPECIAL EDITION)
  • THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED
  • CLASSIC CARTOON FAVORITES: VOLUME 10 - BEST PALS: MICKEY AND MINNIE
  • CLASSIC CARTOON FAVORITES: VOLUME 11 - BEST PALS: DONALD AND DAISY
  • CLASSIC CARTOON FAVORITES: VOLUME 12 - BEST PALS: MICKEY AND PLUTO
  • LITTLE EINSTEINS: TEAM UP FOR ADVENTURE
  • "DINOSAURS" SEASONS 1 & 2
  • "THE GOLDEN GIRLS" SEASON 5
  • WALT DISNEY'S IT'S A SMALL WORLD OF FUN: VOLUME 1
  • WALT DISNEY'S IT'S A SMALL WORLD OF FUN: VOLUME 2
  • GLORY ROAD
  • LEROY & STITCH (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO FILM CONCLUSION TO "LILO & STITCH: THE SERIES")
  • WINNIE THE POOH: SHAPES & SIZES
  • WINNIE THE POOH: WONDERFUL WORD ADVENTURE - OPPOSITES
  • DUMBO: 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
  • EIGHT BELOW
  • HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
  • ROGER & HAMMERSTEIN'S CINDERELLA: MUSICAL MAGIC EDITION
  • ANNIE: MUSICAL MAGIC EDITION
  • AIR BUDDIES (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO 6TH IN AIR BUD FILM SERIES)
  • "HOME IMPROVEMENT" SEASON 4
  • THE SHAGGY DOG
  • LILO & STITCH: 2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
  • "THE MUPPET SHOW" SEASON 2
  • "BOY MEETS WORLD" SEASON 4
  • THE WILD
  • BROTHER BEAR II (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO SEQUEL TO 2003 ANIMATED FILM)
  • SECRETS, STORIES & MAGIC OF THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
  • LADY AND THE TRAMP II: SCAMP'S ADVENTURE: SPECIAL EDITION (SPECIAL EDITION RE-RELEASE)
  • DISNEY PRINCESS FAIRY TALES (VOLUME 1)
  • THE LITTLE MERMAID: 2-DISC PLATINUM EDITION
  • LITTLE MERMAID REFLECTIONS
  • SONG OF THE SOUTH
  • CARS
  • THE FOX AND THE HOUND: SPECIAL EDITION
  • ROVING MARS
  • THE FOX AND THE HOUND 2 (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO SEQUEL)
  • DISNEY PRINCESS LEARNING ADVENTURES: THE ENCHANTED BOOK OF LETTERS
  • DISNEY'S PRINCESS FANTASY DVD GAME
  • DISNEY CHANNEL SHOWDOWN DVD GAME
  • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
  • DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE - TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP
  • TIGER TOWN
  • DR. SYN, ALIAS THE SCARECROW
  • SO DEAR TO MY HEART
  • CINDERELLA III (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO CINDERELLA SEQUEL; CINDERELLA'S ALTERNATE REALITY)
  • THE JUNGLE BOOK: 2-DISC PLATINUM EDITION
  • THE TINKER BELL MOVIE (DIRECT-TO-VIDEO CG-ANIMATED FILM)
  • 101 DALMATIANS: 2-DISC PLATINUM EDITION
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2007 at 06:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
Re: UPCOMING DISNEY
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 12:12 PM »
from ultimatedisney.com

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6

Silly Symphonies, Volume Two -Expected to include the remaining 38 animated shorts in "Silly Symphonies" series that were not included on the first Walt Disney Treasure. A total of 75 music-oriented Silly Symphonies cartoon shorts were produced from 1929 to 1939. The first tin held 31 of these, including the first ("The Skeleton Dance") and last ("The Ugly Duckling"), plus six others as Easter Eggs.

The Complete Pluto, Volume Two - Expected to include the remaining 22 Pluto shorts, released to theaters from 1947 to 1951. The Volume One tin, released in 2004, held 28 cartoons featuring Mickey's dog, ranging from 1930 to 1947.
Expected Shorts: Rescue Dog, Mail Dog, Pluto's Blue Note (1947); Bone Bandit, Pluto's Purchase, Cat Nap Pluto, Pluto's Fledgling (1948); Pueblo Pluto, Pluto's Surprise Package, Pluto's Sweater, Bubble Bee, Sheep Dog (1949); Pluto's Heart Throb, Pluto and the Gopher, Wonder Dog, Primitive Pluto, Puss Cafe, Pests of the West, Food for Feudin', Camp Dog (1950); Cold Storage, Cold Turkey (1951).

Your Host, Walt Disney - Expected to include complete episodes of Walt Disney's anthology series which prominently feature Walt not just in the introduction, but as host. Exact episodes to be determined. Walt's anthology, initially called "Disneyland" (and later "Walt Disney Presents", "The Wonderful World of Color", "The Wonderful World of Disney", "The Disney Sunday Movie", simply "Walt Disney", and "The Magical World of Disney"), debuted in 1954 and consistently aired through 1990.

The Hardy Boys: The Applegate Mystery - The Hardy Boys, a pair of teenaged brothers with a flair for detective work, were well-known with readers before they were tapped as a serial subject for "The Mickey Mouse Club", Walt's daily variety series, in its second season (1956-57). This DVD will contain the first serial, titled "The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure", which was made up of 20 installments running about 10 minutes each. Disney regulars Tim Considine ("Spin & Marty", The Shaggy Dog) and Tommy Kirk (Old Yeller, The Shaggy Dog) portrayed Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively. The siblings returned for a second serial, "The Mystery of Ghost Farm", composed of 15 episodes that aired during the 1957-58 season. Considine and Kirk recently sat for interviews with Treasures host Leonard Maltin and Hardy Boys fans were contacted for additional bonus features.
SARS!!!

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 06:36 AM »
from ultimatedisney.com

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6

Silly Symphonies, Volume Two -Expected to include the remaining 38 animated shorts in "Silly Symphonies" series that were not included on the first Walt Disney Treasure. A total of 75 music-oriented Silly Symphonies cartoon shorts were produced from 1929 to 1939. The first tin held 31 of these, including the first ("The Skeleton Dance") and last ("The Ugly Duckling"), plus six others as Easter Eggs.

The Complete Pluto, Volume Two - Expected to include the remaining 22 Pluto shorts, released to theaters from 1947 to 1951. The Volume One tin, released in 2004, held 28 cartoons featuring Mickey's dog, ranging from 1930 to 1947.
Expected Shorts: Rescue Dog, Mail Dog, Pluto's Blue Note (1947); Bone Bandit, Pluto's Purchase, Cat Nap Pluto, Pluto's Fledgling (1948); Pueblo Pluto, Pluto's Surprise Package, Pluto's Sweater, Bubble Bee, Sheep Dog (1949); Pluto's Heart Throb, Pluto and the Gopher, Wonder Dog, Primitive Pluto, Puss Cafe, Pests of the West, Food for Feudin', Camp Dog (1950); Cold Storage, Cold Turkey (1951).

Your Host, Walt Disney - Expected to include complete episodes of Walt Disney's anthology series which prominently feature Walt not just in the introduction, but as host. Exact episodes to be determined. Walt's anthology, initially called "Disneyland" (and later "Walt Disney Presents", "The Wonderful World of Color", "The Wonderful World of Disney", "The Disney Sunday Movie", simply "Walt Disney", and "The Magical World of Disney"), debuted in 1954 and consistently aired through 1990.

The Hardy Boys: The Applegate Mystery - The Hardy Boys, a pair of teenaged brothers with a flair for detective work, were well-known with readers before they were tapped as a serial subject for "The Mickey Mouse Club", Walt's daily variety series, in its second season (1956-57). This DVD will contain the first serial, titled "The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure", which was made up of 20 installments running about 10 minutes each. Disney regulars Tim Considine ("Spin & Marty", The Shaggy Dog) and Tommy Kirk (Old Yeller, The Shaggy Dog) portrayed Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively. The siblings returned for a second serial, "The Mystery of Ghost Farm", composed of 15 episodes that aired during the 1957-58 season. Considine and Kirk recently sat for interviews with Treasures host Leonard Maltin and Hardy Boys fans were contacted for additional bonus features.

Now available for pre-order at Amazon
SARS!!!

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2006 at 01:16 PM »
OT question: are the slipcases of disney platinum editions all the same? i saw a Lady and the Tramp PE and it only has a normal slipcase, which is different with the Lion King PE or Beauty and the Beast  PE :-\

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
OT question: are the slipcases of disney platinum editions all the same? i saw a Lady and the Tramp PE and it only has a normal slipcase, which is different with the Lion King PE or Beauty and the Beast  PE :-\

Nope. If I remember correctly, it was only Lady and the Tramp that came out with that kind of slipcase. Everything else, with the exception of Snow White (which did not come with one), had a slipcase that opens like a book.
SARS!!!

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2006 at 03:34 PM »
thanks sir. sayang nde consistent lahat  :-\

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2006 at 04:31 PM »
thanks sir. sayang nde consistent lahat  :-\

Oo nga eh. Ang pinaka-inconsistent ay yung Walt Disney Treasures. The Packaging is getting worse with every wave.  >:(
SARS!!!

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:17 AM »
What I hate about Disney is that sometimes, they didn't come with slipcase at all.  Same title, the first batch comes with slipcase but subsequent runs comes without...

As for Walt Disney Treasures, lumaki yata ang coverart ng Wave 6...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 04, 2006 at 04:46 PM »
What I hate about Disney, is that most of their part 2's sux big time. I rarely could appreciate the stories & plots that seem "pilit" and I have given up buying part 2's even if its a sale.  :(

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2006 at 09:56 PM »
I hate it if they put a new spin on Classic tale...

If it's their original creation (ie Brother Bear 2, Lady and The Tramp 2), okay lang maski pangit, it's their Intellectual property, they can do whatever they want with it... just that we don't have to buy it if it $ucks... (Sorry, can't find a better word with the same impact).

But if the tale is derived from a classic work or Fairy Tale, even if it's in Public Domain, it just doesn't feel right for them to tamper or add a new chapter to it.  Because, then the viewing public might believe, it's part of the author's vision. 

Fairy Tale like Cinderella, they add a second chapter and a third coming next year. 

Hunchback of Notre Dame, they already altered the ending of the Victor Hugo classic from a tragedy to a feel-good ending, then they made another DVD to the mix...

OT na tayo...

Will Viva release The Little Mermaid and the Fox and the Hound 25th anniversary edition?.......

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2006 at 09:09 AM »
Disappearing Disneys

Four more Disney titles go on moratorium on January 31st, 2007. Heading back into the vaults are Bambi: Platinum Edition, Lady & the Tramp: Platinum Edition, Lady & the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure and the yet-to-be-released four disc The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Extended Edition (along with the limited edition Gift Set). Get 'em before they're gone.

Click here for full announcement

but these titles arent even OOP yet  ???
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006 at 11:38 AM by RNIverson »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 12:41 PM »
Platinum releases for 2007 and 2008

March 2007: Peter Pan
October 2007: The Jungle Book

Rumored:
March 2008: Pinocchio
October 2008: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (returns from a seven year hiatus)

Rumored, as posted on Ultimate Disney.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 01:10 PM »
Wasn't Snow White already released as a Platinum Edition?

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
Snow White: It was the first Platinum Edition.  Then discontinued.  It was announced that it will not appear again for seven years, that seven years is through on 2008.  My guess, is that it will launch the HD-DVD or BluRay incarnation of these Disney classics.  And they will again be limited, so even if you have not upgraded to HD-DVD or BluRay by then, you might be tempted to get them for the future...

Again, all speculation...

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 02:48 PM »
if they'll ever release snow white PE on 2008 in hd-dvd/bluray, i hope they'll still release it in dvd. i think not all have upgraded yet on 2008. besides, the dvd can be used for multiple viewing purposes  ;)

this snow white PE rumor woke me up  ;D

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
That's good news if this comes to fruition...Its really hard to get this one...na inexpensive. ;)
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 04:06 PM »
Pero di ba parang last year lang meron pa nung Snow White dito? If I'm not mistaken, I was able to buy the 2-Disc edition mga last year lang. Is that the same as the one released in 2001 pa?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 05:03 PM »
is it the platinum edition? maybe you can post the details so others who has a copy can verify. i was just sucked into this disney platinum collection early this year. sayang kung nagkaroon ng reprint last year lang :(

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 05:12 PM »
Okay. I'll dig it up from my DVD cabinet and post the pics tomorrow.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 05:19 PM »
Update:

I found this link from Amazon.com. The R3 that I have looks like this, only a little different kasi R1 ito eh. But the features are almost the same. According to Amazon, Platinum Edition siya, released in 2001. If this is true, maybe this was released much later in the Philippines because I find it hard to believe that they still had stocks of this in-demand DVD last year. Or maybe it was reissued.
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2006 at 05:20 PM by allanmandy »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:20 PM »
Not all countries share the same release schedule as the US.  In the US (R1), Snow White was released in 2001, then discontinued.  I am not sure about local release since I am sort of a 2006 DVD convert. :)  In Japan, Snow White was released sometime this July (not sure if it was a re-release)...

Here in our country, Video CD of Disneys are all around, that it almost feels not that special anymore.  (Note that except for a decline in picture and sound quality, the VCD of Snow White is pretty much the feature itself, since Snow White is in 4:3 ratio, you are not losing any of the picture with the VCD copy).

Actually, many OOP R1 still exists in other areas, the first wave of Walt Disney Treasure (R1)  tins which are being priced multiple times over, can be found in R2-PAL (UK) for a song, minus the tin and the limited collectible certificate.

And Peter Pan was also released as part of the Disney collection set in Japan.  Though, it is probably the OOP Limited/Gold edition print, and not the upcoming Platinum version.

Ultimate Disney had compiled a list of OOP Disney animation titles here:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/OOP.htm

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:34 PM »
Previous local 2-discs (ie Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Tarzan) share pretty much the same content as R1, sans the slipcase and the collectibility.

The last two Platinum editions (prior to Little Mermaid) - Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp got one-disc treatment locally.    Keeping my fingers crossed on Little Mermaid R3, though I ordered a R1 for my collection. :)

Out today: Fox and the Hound 25th Anniversary Edition R1
Ultimate Disney says it's pretty much the same as the Gold Edition, blemishes and all.  Not worth the upgrade daw.  Note that the G'old' edition R3, is still aplenty in many Astros for 299 or less. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2006 at 10:35 PM by techdude »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 04:04 AM »
OT: DOWNCOMING DISNEY  ;D

Walt Disney Treasures Wave 6 released - 65,000 units for each of the four titles.  The least of any Wave in the series... 

Maybe it is because Wave 5 still had to sell out a year after release.   If Chronological Donald Volume 2 is still available now on Amazon, you can expect a lot more in storage for lesser known titles like Spin and Marty and Elfego Baca.

I feel Wave 6 is better  especially for completist who owns the first Silly Symphony and Complete Pluto Volume 1.

Anyone collecting the new 'Legacy limited' (on nature) series from Disney?
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2006 at 04:05 AM by techdude »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 02:29 PM »
OT: my latest disney PE purchase, little mermaid & lady and the tramp, had no slipcase included. should i complain this to amazon? and what if amazon does not have anymore slipcase  ???

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 10:46 PM »
Disney releases are like that.  Most of the time, the first or second batch will come with slipcase.  Then wala na...   Amazon can't help, kasi ganoon binigay sa kanila ng Disney.   So parang incentive to preorder and get the DVD the moment it comes out.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Dec 28, 2006 at 11:23 PM »
thanks bro. actually little mermaid was a preorder. amazon offered a discount instead. i think that's good enough since i have no choice anyway

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 29, 2006 at 12:06 AM »
Got mine from Sir Emil.  The first comes with slipcase, my second backup copy comes without (So I transfer  the slipcase on the sealed one). 

Like Amazon, Sir Emil, gives me a generous discount...

My Mulan, Alice (Masterpiece), Norte Dame, Incredibles, Sleeping Beauty are all without slipcases. :(  It's kinda annoying at  first, then I just shrug it off, sort of rationalizing, after all it's the movie that's important.  (Glass half-full).  ;)

You might want to hunt for a slipcased copy on the marketplace then sell yours at a lost, if you really want a slipcased copy.  Or buy over 10,000 from Sir Redge's sale and get one free. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2006 at 12:09 AM by techdude »

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2007 at 06:01 AM »
Platinum releases for 2007 and 2008

March 2007: Peter Pan
October 2007: The Jungle Book

Rumored:
March 2008: Pinocchio
October 2008: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (returns from a seven year hiatus)

Rumored, as posted on Ultimate Disney.

Peter Pan (Two-Disc Platinum Edition) now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. SRP $19.99
SARS!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2007 at 06:10 AM »

My Mulan, Alice (Masterpiece), Norte Dame, Incredibles, Sleeping Beauty are all without slipcases. :(  It's kinda annoying at  first, then I just shrug it off, sort of rationalizing, after all it's the movie that's important.  (Glass half-full).  ;)

You might want to hunt for a slipcased copy on the marketplace then sell yours at a lost, if you really want a slipcased copy.  Or buy over 10,000 from Sir Redge's sale and get one free. ;)

Sir, Notre Dame doesnt have the cardboard slipcase so you're safe. One of the best slipcase I have ever seen is Mary Poppin's. Your copy should have one.

Funny... Didnt know that you'll be the one to get the slipcased freebie.

8)

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2007 at 01:42 PM »
Sir, Notre Dame doesnt have the cardboard slipcase so you're safe. One of the best slipcase I have ever seen is Mary Poppin's. Your copy should have one.

Funny... Didnt know that you'll be the one to get the slipcased freebie.

8)
Actually, as you know, I am not actively pursuing that freebie. :8  Thank you still...

OT: How come both Dick Van Dyke musical got fabulous cases.  Mary Poppins and the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Digipak.

Back to topic:  Disney raked in 77.1 millions dollars for it's limited release straight-to-video midquel Bambi II.  No wonder, Disney loves to these straight to video productions.