Author Topic: (EXTENDED EDITION) The Chronicles of Narnia:The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe  (Read 23862 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

With a U.S. gross of over $130 million in just two weeks, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe has already become Disney's highest-earning film of 2005. The earliest rumblings of its DVD release pin the big screen adaptation of C.S. Lewis's acclaimed fantasy novel for April, where it is expected to arrive in three different versions: separate but similarly loaded 16x9-enhanced 2.35:1 widescreen and 1.33:1 cropped editions and a more collectible deluxe edition which will carry a list price of $10 or so more than the studio's standard $29.99 tag. More specific details and a firm date likely won't be announced until sometime in the first two months of 2006. It is also not yet clear how (if at all) the cancelled companion DVD Adventure Through Narnia (which was slated for release earlier this month) will resurface. We'll share more when there's more to share.

from ultimatedisney
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2006 at 01:41 PM by hemisphere »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
what can i say for this one... bring it on...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline 1ringwd4s

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • One Ring with The Force
  • Liked:

For Narnia and for Aslan!!!!
One Ring with The Force

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:

January 3, 2006 - Is Disney pulling a Warner Brothers on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe? If the latest rumors we're hearing are true, then the answer is yes. Supporting the rumblings we recently passed on, it sounds like the PG-rated fantasy blockbuster (which is again atop the box office after 3½ weeks in theaters) is destined for three DVD versions in early April: standard and similar widescreen and fullscreen editions, plus a deluxe set released concurrently. Those drooling at the prospect of countless discs immersing them into C.S. Lewis's world from all angles may have to adjust their hopes a bit. The word is that the "deluxe" edition will really be called a "Special Two-Disc Collector's Edition." That disc count might be underwhelming for something that would inevitably carry a retail price slightly above the studio's normal $29.99 tag, but if the neat packaging we've uncovered is any indication, then perhaps this won't be your ordinary 2-disc set.

hi-res artwork

Special Two-Disc Collector's Edition

Standard

from ultimatedisney

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
sana may gift set -  si aslan yun toy  ;D

will definitely be getting this one.

love the book, and from what i heard, the movie is really an adaptation of the book by CS Lewis (which i read over the holidays in preparation for this film  8) ) and not an interpretation - hehehehehehe

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
The 2 Disc SCE looks nice...will definitely get one...or two. ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
bump for merging if needed..

8)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:

Disney merchandisers just might repackage unsold Lion King toys into it.   ;D

The war-clad white witch driving the 4 polar bears in a chariot would strike a nice figure on my shelf.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
The artwork for the Special Two-Disc Collector's Edition is attractive  :D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
hopefully, a korean or japan LE would be released.

quite disappointed with the OST LE which shares slightly similar artwork.

:(  8)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:

Last Friday, Video Business reported on two of spring's most-anticipated Disney DVD releases, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and Chicken Little. The article holds new information on Narnia's 2-Disc Collector's Edition, which will include "a collector's booklet, concept art, and 10 hours of bonus features on the second disc." Some of the supplements mentioned: two feature-length audio commentaries, a pop-up mode with facts on the film and author C.S. Lewis, filmmaker storytelling diaries, an "Anatomy of a Scene" episode, and "backgrounders" on 11 of the film's creatures. (Note that the article misreports the 2-disc set's SRP, which will actually be $34.99.)

from ultimatedisney

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hoping they would release an R3 version of the 2-disc Collector's Edition as well... similar to Titanic DE, and a price of P900 too.

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
Hope the R3 2-disc will be jsut the same with the R1.

I will definitely buy the Original Copy.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
knowing Disney, the one with slipcase would only be released in R1. amaray case of course!

8)

Offline arbitrary

• Collector
  • i lurk a lot.
  • Liked:
Extended edition?! s;gasljgklsfhgjfdah;

-----

The big-screen adaptation of C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia tale will continue. Disney and Walden Media have begun production on Prince Caspian, based on the second book published (but fourth in the Narnia chronology) in the seven-book series. The film is scheduled to hit theaters in Christmas 2007. Director Andrew Adamson will return (he will also produce and co-write), as will most of the cast, including the four child stars who portray the Pevensie children, Georgie Henley (Lucy), Skandar Keynes (Edmund), William Moseley (Peter) and Anna Popplewell (Susan).

Still in theaters, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe has grossed $278 million. The film arrives on DVD April 4 in two versions: a $30 single-disc version and a $40 two-disc set that includes nearly 10 hours of features. Both DVDs have two commentaries from Adamson: one with producer Mark Johnson and production designer Roger Ford and another with the child cast members.

"You get a little bit of their perspective," Adamson says. "It's really fun to see the experience through their eyes." A DVD with an extended version of the film is also in the works, he says.

source: USA Today

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Good news...will definitely wait for the extended edition :)

Offline Gideon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
HIntayin ko na lang Extended Edition, para kasing bitin talaga yung nasa sinehan.
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15

wow  :o with dts tracks pa :D
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2006 at 05:58 PM by edboy7 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
looks nice!!

thanks for the update!

8)

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Whoa gorgeous!  :o Nice one

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Yeah. This one's really nice! Who wouldn't want to pass on this one even if there's an extended version in the making... For me, I don't mind the double dip...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
Nice! Can't wait for this one! Although I might just have to wait some more for the extended edition.  :(

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Thanks for the pix sir edboy...will definitely get this one and maybe the extended edition. Or just wait til the series is finished and wait for the boxed set. ;) this is really getting complicated...haaaaay

Offline seph1018

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Buena Vista has also finally (officially) announced the DVD release of Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for 4/4. The single-disc version (SRP $29.99) will be available in either full frame or anamorphic widescreen, and will include audio commentary with director Andrew Adamson, production designer Roger Ford and producer Mark Johnson, a second commentary with Adamson and the film's child stars (Georgie Henley, Skandar Keynes, William Moseley and Anna Popplewell), a text trivia track option, and bloopers. The 2-disc Special Collector's Edition version will include anamorphic widescreen video, and all of the special features from the single-disc version. Additional extras will include the Chronicle of a Director video diary, The Children's Magical Journey set tour, 8 different Cinematic Storytellers video diaries, 3 behind-the-scenes featurettes (including Anatomy of a Scene: The Melting River, C.S. Lewis: From One Man's Mind and the interactive Creating Creatures), Creatures of the World biographies, an interactive 3D Narnia map and the Legends in Time timeline. Audio for both editions will be available in a Dolby Digital 5.1 "Home Theater Mix" and DTS 5.1. Note that the studio is releasing a UMD version for the PSP on 4/4 as well (SRP $29.99) which will include bloopers.

from thedigitalbits...

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
2/13/06

So... is anyone out there interested in seeing an extended edition of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? The theatrical editions are due to hit DVD on 4/4, but our industry sources are telling us that Disney is considering a longer version of the film for DVD release later this year or next, a la the dual versions of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films.

from digitalbits
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2006 at 11:48 PM by hemisphere »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Great news hemisphere! I'm in no hurry to get this set. Will wait & see what the studio is cooking up!  :)

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:

Walmart Exclusive.

peace!!!

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Nice pack but sayang it's in FULL SCREEN.... :-\

Offline 1ringwd4s

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • One Ring with The Force
  • Liked:
I think that book (Cameras of Narnia) was available at Power Books or Fullbooked before.
One Ring with The Force

Offline RPhoenix

• Collector
  • Show Me Heaven, I Have Seen Hell
  • Liked:

will definitely be getting this one.

love the book, and from what i heard, the movie is really an adaptation of the book by CS Lewis (which i read over the holidays in preparation for this film  8) ) and not an interpretation - hehehehehehe

Sana nga Mam Keilu na a Narnia Gift Set will be released.  Also anticipating for that kind of release.  THe Narnia Limited Edition exclusive at Amazon.Uk is also a nice release but very expensive.  Thats why i have second thoughts of getting the LE.  Will wait na lang on a cheaper and yet collectible version.

Still hoping.  8)

I might take you down but i will never let you down