Author Topic: Director's Film Debut Thread  (Read 7611 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PAGDATING SA DULO
« Reply #60 on: Jan 17, 2007 at 08:51 PM »
I think its Eddie's best performance in his entire career, indie! Really tough act to follow!

Cinema One should show it without cuts! I almost died laughing also when his actors can't understand his craft. They are either too dumb or too drunk. Man, sounds really true.  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2007 at 09:02 PM by keating »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Director's Film Debut Thread
« Reply #61 on: Feb 13, 2007 at 06:19 PM »

Tata Esteban's cult classic ALAPAAP.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Feb 13, 2007 at 06:20 PM »

Scenes from ALAPAAP.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Feb 13, 2007 at 06:22 PM »

More scenes from ALAPAAP.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 05:50 PM »

Classic scene: The late Nida Blanca pour out all her emotions to Gerald Madrid in Jeffrey Jeturian's groundbreaking debut SANA PAG-IBIG NA.

SANA PAG-IBIG NA (Jeffrey Jeturian, 1998)

Nida Blanca is a rarity in Philippine Cinema. She can deliver her best performance in two genre whether drama or comedy. October 0f 1998, Regal Films organized a small film festival of low budget films shot in just two weeks. In this camp came 3 cinematic gems, Mario O'Hara's BABAE SA BUBUNGANG LATA, Lav Diaz fulll length debut KRIMINAL NG BO. CONCEPCION and yes, Jeffrey Jeturian's SANA PAG-IBIG NA.

Nida Blanca as the wife who later learned that her son knows very well the mistress of her husband adds another unforgettable performance in her list of filmography along with Brocka's MIGUELITO BATANG REBELDE. Almost all of the cast were excellent from Angel Aquino as the mistress of Chinggoy Alonzo, Vangie Labalan and newcomer Gerald Madrid. Even Pinky Amador in a very brief role as the daughter of Blanca was a stand out.

Jeturian shows a splashy and memorable film debut with such a small budget impossible to forget! I just wish justice for the late Nida Blanca because she gave justice also on whatever role she got during her times in the movies.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2007 at 06:09 PM by keating »

Offline Noel_Vera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #65 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 02:22 PM »
I remember the screenings. The only problem with Sana, a nice little gem, was that it screened right after Bubungang Lata. Tough act to follow.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 07:36 PM »
Were you able to see it, Noel? Jeturian's film debut? Nida Blanca's performance was also a tough act to follow!

And Pinky Amador as the daughter who resent by Blanca was truly a stand out! That scene in the cemetery and when she said goodbye to Nida only confirms it.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 at 07:37 PM by keating »