Author Topic: CALL - AVID SALES  (Read 1039 times)

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
CALL - AVID SALES
« on: Jan 07, 2006 at 06:47 PM »
It is with a heavy heart and a furious mind that I write this down. I have just been through with a scam (or so that’s how I look at it). I initially had meticulously compared all sorts of 29 inch flat TVs from different stores and I’ve decided on getting the SONY. It was only a matter of using my CITIBANK VISA CARD and also possibly getting a RACK which was not really included with the PROMO PACKAGE. I have purchased from AVID - ROBINSON’S GALLERIA a SONY KV-SW292N60 FLAT WEGA TV for my cousin PIONEER costing P29,990. It was with a good deal with AVID that I get a FREE RACK (display unit) together with the TV and DVD( plus 999 ) package. This was the primary reason I got it from them and also I have purchased our previous SONY from them way back 1994. The transaction went smoothly and the manager was very suave and accommodating. They even gave me a freebie component cable. This was last January 5, 2006 (Thursday) and told me that it would be delivered Saturday afternoon January 7, 2006.

With great expectations :) the day came for us to receive the unit. While it was being unloaded I noticed that both the TV and DVD player cardboard casing, had DOUBLE TAPES or it seemed RE-TAPED with a SONY badge.  ::)Being VERY METICULOUS and OBSERVANT, I asked them to open both boxes and test it. The TV seemed MINT and untouched but the clincher was when it was turned ON. :-\ The new series had options to personalize or customize your own settings and even put your own names. I noted that all the CRT TVs in the AVID shop had this peculiar name CARLO on the left upper hand corner of the screen. THE SAME NAME WAS SEEN ON THE DELIVERED TV!!! :o You could guess how I reacted!  >:( >:(I went on to open the DVD player. Adding insult to injury, the front black glossy front finish of the player had SCRATCHES and FINGERPRINTS all over!!!!  >:( >:( >:(That was it for me. I told the delivery men to repack everything and I called the store to CANCEL the whole transaction and to refund 999 for DVD player and 300 for the delivery charge. Despite everything, they were quite apologetic and said the problem was pinpointed to their sales rep CARLO. They called 30 mins after and said that there was a reversal made and i could get the proof and refund the following day. It was a TOTAL WASTE of TIME, EFFORT and GAS MONEY!  >:(
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2006 at 07:35 PM by esi »
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile