Author Topic: Survivor Panama: Exile Island  (Read 10259 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Survivor Panama: Exile Island
« Reply #30 on: Apr 29, 2006 at 10:51 AM »
Yes, that was masterful scheming, in traditional Survivor-style.

Personally, I would've voted Danielle off for that armpit hair.  ;D

Poor Terry. After weeks of trying, he finally found an alliance... and it betrayed him after less than 1 day.  ;D

But I don't pity him too much, since he's currently guaranteed a slot in the final four already. From the way people talk about him, though... unless he goes up against Shane, he doesn't stand a chance of winning the million dollars. The majority dislike for him seems genuine.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Apr 29, 2006 at 01:35 PM »
Cirie is really a good schemer but she should not pull stunts like that again or else it would be her head on the chopping block. She is getting cocky already.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Survivor Panama: Exile Island
« Reply #32 on: Apr 29, 2006 at 07:12 PM »
Terry is the most popular survivor according to the CBS poll. I dunno if this were wishful thinking but after the last tribal council, Terry might still win since he has the votes of Austin and Sally (for sure!) and could have the votes of Bruce and Courtney.

Just speculation but the final four looks like Terry, Cirie, Aras and Danielle. That hair could go a looooong way.  ;D
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006 at 03:15 PM »
You gotta love Shane's facial expressions.  ;D

I think they should've shown Terry's vote. It would've elicited another bewildered look from Shane.

Smart move on Danielle's part if she does form an alliance with Terry next week. If Terry wins immunity again (which seems very likely at this point), he can even give her the immunity necklace, since it's the last chance to use the hidden idol, anyway. It'll force the sort-of smug Cirie and Aras to vote against each other. It should be a fun Tribal Council.

But I don't know. I think Terry's really a jerk with good editing. If you look at the additional videos at the official site, even his former tribemates Austin and Sally have some pointed comments about him and his attitude when playing the game. He'd really be the perfect person to take to the final two. So the spoilers may be true.
[/END SPOILER]

There's an extra episode this season. Usually by the time you get down to the final four, it's already the two hour finale and one hour live reunion. Now there's another regular show, and then the 3-hour finale/reunion has been set for May 14th (Monday, May 15th in the Philippines). Having just three people for that final 2 hour finale will probably make it really boring.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006 at 04:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006 at 06:47 PM »
Well, Shane's an out-of-work actor.  ;D

That'd be an interesting episode. Cirie vs. Aras! It's really frustrating to see how Danielle could end up winning. It'd be Vecepia Part Deux. Being a pilot does tend to make Terry a natural jerk. The right stuff can make one cocky indeed. At least, he does have the record for winning most of the individual immunity challenges. He is also the most popular Survivor this season according to the CBS poll.

Although I expected the result of the tribal council, I wasn't counting on one more episode before the finale. May 15 is bloated with must-see shows.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2006 at 02:21 PM »
I just found it interesting that each of the original tribes is represented in the final four.  :)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
I just found it interesting that each of the original tribes is represented in the final four.  :)

egads! you're right!  :o

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:12 PM »
I think Terry's the most arrogant Survivor player ever. The manner in which he complained to Cirie about where she left her torch was just disgusting and condescending. Then there was his behavior at the reward challenge. Unbelievable.

Whoever goes against Terry in the Final Vote will definitely win. He seems to have forgotten that this is not just a physical game, but a social game, as well. His social skills aren't severely lacking...

They're completely absent.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:22 PM »

Some are speculating that it might be a Cirie vs. Aras final two. Terry is no Tom from Palau. He really blew it. The spoiler that Danielle might win could be false since the preview hinted that Cirie had a headstart with the fire.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:26 PM »
I've learned from 12 seasons of Survivor that whoever appears to have an advantage in a challenge in the preview of next week's episode almost always ends up losing.  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:37 PM »
i've never been a fan of aras before ... but seeing him totally upstage terry was INCREDIBLE.

terry acted like a spoiled brat today... and cirie is right, it's because she, aras and danielle spoiled his plans by voting of shane (who i have destested since day one.)

BTW, when is the finalé episode going to air anyway?? will studio 23 show it LIVE on the 15th??
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006 at 02:38 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:42 PM »
They will show it at 1pm on Monday according to the promo.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:51 PM »
i've never been a fan of aras before ... but seeing him totally upstage terry was INCREDIBLE.

I know what you mean. Aras was about equal to Shane for me on the dislike scale earlier in the season, but it was great seeing someone bring Terry down a few notches. And Terry SO didn't take defeat well!  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
I know what you mean. Aras was about equal to Shane for me on the dislike scale earlier in the season, but it was great seeing someone bring Terry down a few notches. And Terry SO didn't take defeat well!  ;D

totally... terry acted like a baby who was denied his feeding bottle. talk about throwing a tantrum. LOL.

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006 at 05:23 PM »
I'm always boggled by the way tie-breakers are decided in tribal councils.
In Survivor:Australian Outback, a tie-break is decided when if one of those voted have been previously nominated in other tribal councils, then those accumulated previous votes would sent him packing already.
In Survivor: Marquesas, a tie-break is decided by rock-picking from a bag, that if you pick a particular colored rock, then you get the boot. 
In Survivor:Palau, the fire-making challenge was only used to decide who between Stefenie and Bobby Jon would stay in their tribe since they can't exactly vote out each other being the last two remaining tribe members.  And they didn't get to actually write on any parchment and vote.
But in this edition of Survivor, the tie-break is decided by that same fire-making challenge?  And Cirie even had advance knowledge of what will they expect in case of a tie.  I maybe wrong, but I'm beginning to think that these tie-breakers are as ever-changing as the way rules are regarding tribe-switching in every edition of Survivor. ???

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006 at 05:45 PM »
I'm always boggled by the way tie-breakers are decided in tribal councils.
In Survivor:Australian Outback, a tie-break is decided when if one of those voted have been previously nominated in other tribal councils, then those accumulated previous votes would sent him packing already.
In Survivor: Marquesas, a tie-break is decided by rock-picking from a bag, that if you pick a particular colored rock, then you get the boot. 
In Survivor:Palau, the fire-making challenge was only used to decide who between Stefenie and Bobby Jon would stay in their tribe since they can't exactly vote out each other being the last two remaining tribe members.  And they didn't get to actually write on any parchment and vote.
But in this edition of Survivor, the tie-break is decided by that same fire-making challenge?  And Cirie even had advance knowledge of what will they expect in case of a tie.  I maybe wrong, but I'm beginning to think that these tie-breakers are as ever-changing as the way rules are regarding tribe-switching in every edition of Survivor. ???

this is to keep things fresh, i suppose. if the contestants followed the show and knew what was coming, it would make for boring TV.  ;D

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006 at 08:08 PM »
great finale episode

exciting yung
1. tie breaker moment between cirie and danielle
2. reward challenge between terry and aras
3. immunity challenge kasi parehong pressured sina terry and aras
4. deal making para sa final 2.

in the end yung bet ko ang sole survivor
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006 at 01:23 AM by jm33_babe »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2006 at 12:33 AM »
I'm so glad the online spoiler was wrong!  ;D

One of the best final episodes in a long time. The final reward challenge was a true nailbiter, and Shane's "You lied, you cheated... you wrecked me" and "You're broke, you're homeless, you freeload off your dad" speech is the closest we've had to Susan's "rat-and-snake." Entertaining fun!

Too bad he spoiled it all by going from Palau Tiga's Susan Hawk to Africa's Kelly Goldsmith. That "pick a number" deal is just completely lame. As is almost everything from that season of the show, actually.  ;)

Need some sleep... will watch the reunion tomorrow.  8)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2006 at 01:05 AM »
maybe it's just me, but danielle during the reunion show was just so ... "invisible".  :-[

terry's an arrogant ass... i'm actually glad he didn't win.

aras (baskauskas... LOL... greek pala siya.) the jerk, re-emerged briefly when he threatened to sabotage danielle's chances with the jury if she voted him off. oh well, i guess you can't change overnight. LOL.

very satisfying finale... i loved their real tight editing this season... uhm, i wonder why they never show "audition" clips in the reunion show anymore.  ???
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006 at 03:41 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2006 at 09:40 AM »
maybe it's just me, but danielle during the reunion show was just so ... "invisible".  :-[

Including the winner, Aras. There was more applause for Cirie and Terry. The final two was the most ho-hum in recent memory. The only thing memorable about them are her jugs and his hair.

Looking back, the season was kinda flipside of Palau. What if Ian and Tom were rivals? What if Katie won the final immunity challenge? What if Ulong dominated the team challenges?

Cool send-off to the fallen castaways: burning of the skull!  ;D The reward challenge was more entertaining than the final immunity challenge. Guess having a full meal wasn't an advantage before that lilypad balancing act. The jury was more entertaining than the final two, especially Shane and Courtney. He was avoiding her like the plague. Love the rubberface of InShane. He even has his hair on the hidden immunity idol.

So, exile island will be back next season. Does that mean including the hidden immunity idol? Hope it gets used this time.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2006 at 03:50 PM »
aras (baskauskas... LOL... greek pala siya.)

;D

I thought I was the only one who laughed when they flashed his last name after he won. I was like, "Say what???"

Poor Danielle - it must really hurt to know that no matter who she chose to take to the Final Two, she didn't stand a chance of winning. But seriously, I think it would've been more interesting had Jeff asked the jury who they would've chosen between Aras and Terry. Would they still stick to their tribe alliances, or would enough people be swayed by the fact that Terry won the most individual immunities of all time, and lasted until the end despite not having any allies? I mean... surely Shane was, at least...  8)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006 at 09:46 PM »
A producer told EW the reason they ended with the cliffhanger before the finale this season: they were disappointed with the final two.