Author Topic: Samsung 32" LCD P105k na lang  (Read 49886 times)

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung 32" LCD P105k na lang
« on: Jan 10, 2006 at 03:48 PM »
Just sharing... been eyeing a 32" LCD TV for quite some time now. I've checked out the Yes and Viewsonic 32" at Park Square (at around P80-90k each). But just last weekend I saw a new line of Samsung LCD TVs. The 32" was only P105,000 (at various appliance shops). Too bad I didn't note the model number, but it had component, VGA and DVI inputs so I think it's quite attractive.

Somebody might have more information or even first-hand experience with them - please post here.

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Samsung 32" LCD P105k na lang
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 07:42 AM »
Which store did you find the new line of Samsungs?

I am buying a Samsun 32" LCD and Anson's quoted me at 120K with their high-end home theater in a box (supposedly worth 29K).
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 04:25 PM »
saw this also... the exact model is LE-32T51 going for P104,900 at 0% interest for 18 months with free wall mount... I just forgot which store it was... Abenson or Automatic... basta dito sa ATC... very tempting indeed... there's also another model at P120,000 which has DVI and HDMI inputs but hell... you can always use an HDMI to DVI cable...

now I'm torn between this one and the Yes 32" LCD which is P20,000 cheaper  ???
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2006 at 04:32 PM by jeckjeck »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 04:36 PM »
here's what it looks like... researched it on the net but all I got were links to European sites... non-English pa

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 02:45 PM »
Saw the resolution of the YES LCD TV.  I wasn't impressed.  Guess just add a little more for a better video output.  Anyway, you wouldn't be changing this TV for the next 5 years...I suppose ::)

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
saw this also... the exact model is LE-32T51 going for P104,900 at 0% interest for 18 months with free wall mount... I just forgot which store it was... Abenson or Automatic... basta dito sa ATC... very tempting indeed... there's also another model at P120,000 which has DVI and HDMI inputs but hell... you can always use an HDMI to DVI cable...

now I'm torn between this one and the Yes 32" LCD which is P20,000 cheaper  ???

I believe this is the older model, the current model is LA32R51B which is retailing for 129K, but you can get as low 110 to 115K.

Offline Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 10:00 AM »
Is this a multi-system television?

Offline apple_seed

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2006 at 03:34 PM »
i think the one in the pic is an older model of the samsung 32". i saw one in the mall (and the samsung website) w/c is colored silver but its got a shiny, black plastic 'border' surrounding the screen. its got DNie & a 1366x768 resoution. the model is LA32R51B.

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2006 at 09:30 AM »
i think the one in the pic is an older model of the samsung 32". i saw one in the mall (and the samsung website) w/c is colored silver but its got a shiny, black plastic 'border' surrounding the screen. its got DNie & a 1366x768 resoution. the model is LA32R51B.

This is the one they are selling for 120K with a bundled Samsung HTIB at Anson's.

Am getting mine next week!!!  ;D

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 04:52 PM »
I just found out that there are currently two versions of the 32" LCD from Samsung, one with the HDMI input (now for 114K) and the one without the HDMI (for 105K).

I got the one without the HDMI (I really do not need it since myu DVD player has RGB output and I have a very nice HT setup). It will be delivered early next week.

Offline alistair

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2006 at 12:10 PM »
Nice! Feedback naman diyan after you've had it for a week or so. Stuff like:

- color / contrast / brightness
- any scaling artifacts (when viewing with 'normal' TV source)
- HDTV performance (when viewing with a wide-screen HDTV source)
- any other personal opinions (mahirap bang ikabit, ok ba yung remote, etc.)

8)

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2006 at 08:45 AM »
Not sure if this is the same model... Saw this Samsung 32" LCD tv in Western in Pasay Road. Model is Samsung LA-32T51. It's selling for 104 thousand, up to 18 months 0%. The salesguy I was talking to said he can try to lower the price if you can pay cash..

HTH

Offline greenlight

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2006 at 09:45 PM »
I just found out that there are currently two versions of the 32" LCD from Samsung, one with the HDMI input (now for 114K) and the one without the HDMI (for 105K).

I got the one without the HDMI (I really do not need it since myu DVD player has RGB output and I have a very nice HT setup). It will be delivered early next week.

Those who already bought their Samsung LCD, please give feedback naman.  I am also deciding on buying an LCD TV but I am still undecided.  The Samsung seems to be the best in terms of price versus performance.  The only thing I don't like about the Samsung is that it does not have a 2-tuner PIP.

I have not seen a demo of this baby using cable source.  Since 80% of my use of the TV will be cable, I need to know if this TV is as good as what the salesman says in terms of watching cable.

I am deciding between the Samsung and Philips Pixel Plus 2 (but this is quite expensive).

Thanks guys. ;D

Offline jaytl

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2006 at 01:28 PM »
someone is selling the 32 inch at ebay for only 80k. it has a dead pixel though but barely noticable daw. with warranty pa. i guess this is a good but consider this retails for 115k.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 05:49 PM »

Bro anong model ng with HDMI and the one without HDMI?

Offline AsiaStreak

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • We make this world less primitive
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 05:55 PM »
LA32R51BX yung dating 114,900 na 104,900 na lang ngayon DNIE at 3000:1 contrast ratio
at LA32T51BX yung dating 104,900 na 94,900 na lang. 2000:1 contrast ratio
both are 32 incher

may makukuhaan ako ng murang brand new. :) pm me na lang sa mga interested. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006 at 07:22 PM by AsiaStreak »
check out our other products ->  www.Asiastreak.com

Offline lehboy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
Hi, ako rin my mom might purchase this unit, the more expensive one though... maganda nga yung price niya..

Offline papelandia

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 12:50 PM »
to: asia streak

Sir, please email me at [email protected] the price and model of the lcd tv mo.

ty

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 11:23 AM »
Has anybody purchased a samsung LCD?

I have seen the demo unit in the malls and the PQ looks great mas gaganda pa siguro kung ma calibrate ng ayos....maganda yung colors niya pero didn't get a chance to see it's performance when it comes to black levels (the disc on demo was the island scenes from madagascar) which some reviews say is the weakness of LCD sets...

Please post comments thanks!
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM by Dracula »

Offline dyames

• Apprentice
  • dyames pogi
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 03:51 AM »
samsung 32" LA32T51BX is just an entry level of samsung lcd and doesn't have DnIE, mid level next to this is the LA32R51BX they called it romano but their is new model called milano LA32M51bx they have the same contrast with romano at 3000:1 contrast, ratio their is also milano2 at 5000:1 contrast ratio the price will be 20% higher than the milano1

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006 at 08:52 AM »
After getting my 32" Samsung LA32R51B, I was so disappointed!

Not with the quality of the LCD, but the lack of High Definition broadcasts in the Philippines!

The LCD is great, no complaint with the PQ and all the features, it is almost as good as my Infocus X1. Although if I feed it S-Video signal from my Pioneer 655A, the picture quality is not that good (means that the processor in the LCD is not that good, compared to the Faroudja on the Infocus X1), but when I switched to the progressive (Y, Pb, Pr), the PQ improved.

On regular TV broadcasts, you need to be sitted around 4 meters or more from the LCD or else you will see all the picture artifacts due to the regular tv broadcast resolution.

Right now, I am still using my Sony flat CRT for regular TV viewing and my 32" LCD and my Infocus X1 for DVD watching.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006 at 02:54 PM »
It's really not a good idea to use those HD and HD ready flat screens for local TV broadcasts.  Not even for cable TV.  Sayang lang yung native resolutions nila.  They will be wasted on mediocre broadcast quality where you'd definitely see pixellations or other artifacts.

Offline arches111

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006 at 07:09 PM »
hope we could also here Sony's Bravia owners there local cable experience!
Roon
Rega BenCab
KEF/B&W/Paradigm
Chord
Shiit

Offline food

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006 at 06:56 AM »
I have seen the demo unit in the malls and the PQ looks great mas gaganda pa siguro kung ma calibrate ng ayos....maganda yung colors niya pero didn't get a chance to see it's performance when it comes to black levels (the disc on demo was the island scenes from madagascar) which some reviews say is the weakness of LCD sets...

Please post comments thanks!

Ito nga daw yung downside ng LCD TV as per personnel of listening room. I asked the personnel to demo the 32 inch Samsung LCD (without HDMI). tama sabi nya, Di talaga maganda yung black levels ng samsung LCD. Halos di maaninag yung picture pag nightscene. Mas pino pa nga yung PQ ng Oxxo LCD although mas buhay ang color ng Samsung.

Nag iisip kasi ako kung ano kukunin ko e. E halos di naman nagkakalayo mga prices nila. Meron din pala sa listening room yung 32in LCD na Hitachi. This one has the best PQ sa mga pina demo ko (Samsung, Oxxo, Viewsonic - all 32 in).

Mas okay pa din talaga yung plasma TV IMO.  ;)

Offline alexg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006 at 07:51 AM »
Ito nga daw yung downside ng LCD TV as per personnel of listening room. I asked the personnel to demo the 32 inch Samsung LCD (without HDMI). tama sabi nya, Di talaga maganda yung black levels ng samsung LCD. Halos di maaninag yung picture pag nightscene. Mas pino pa nga yung PQ ng Oxxo LCD although mas buhay ang color ng Samsung.

Nag iisip kasi ako kung ano kukunin ko e. E halos di naman nagkakalayo mga prices nila. Meron din pala sa listening room yung 32in LCD na Hitachi. This one has the best PQ sa mga pina demo ko (Samsung, Oxxo, Viewsonic - all 32 in).

Mas okay pa din talaga yung plasma TV IMO.  ;)

I do not seem to get this problem with the black levels. I have compared the PQ of the Samsung LCDs with those of Panasonic LCDs and the difference is not so discernable. Compared to my Infocus X1, the black levels of LCD's are much better.

Plasmas should have a better black levels, but compared to the disadvantages of plasmas, it is really a personal call which one to buy.

Except for DVD's, the PQs of LCDs in the Philippines really does not matter since we do not have High Def broadcasts, regular TV's would still look crappy on any flat panel displays!  ;D

Offline arches111

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006 at 11:18 AM »
After months of research I finally got my first HDTV Samsung LA32R71b great color quality definition w/t 8m/s reponse time g8 gaming. Tested almost all current LCD brands in the market & I think this is the best in terms of picture quality & value for money (excluding Bravia V series). Imagine the promo deal I got, traded my old non-working Pana TV got a P30k disc. great  :o  my only cons is that it only have 1TV tuner. But having lastest model LCD Samsung releases worldwide I am very satisfied w/t my purchase. Overhall I give it 9 star rating ;D

Roon
Rega BenCab
KEF/B&W/Paradigm
Chord
Shiit

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006 at 11:26 AM »
How much did you get your unit, and where?  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006 at 12:37 PM »
Meron din pala sa listening room yung 32in LCD na Hitachi. This one has the best PQ sa mga pina demo ko (Samsung, Oxxo, Viewsonic - all 32 in).

I agree! I am using one in my bedroom. Or rather, my 1 yr old son is using one (80% of the time for barney and stuff).  ;D

The colors are so rich and the PQ was so clear, and I was using component pa lang (not HDMI) on a non progressive scan DVD player . I was kinda wondering why I had bought a Panasonic AE900 PJ a month before.  ;D But oh well, andyan na eh.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 at 12:44 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline alistair

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006 at 07:52 PM »
Thanks to all those brave souls who've gone ahead and purchased this line of Samsungs and taken time to give their feedback.

Hmmn... now to start saving up (again) for this sweet deal. Or maybe I can sell my old DSLR to help fund this. This or 'L'ens? This or 'L'ens?  ;D

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006 at 07:50 AM »
After months of research I finally got my first HDTV Samsung LA32R71b great color quality definition w/t 8m/s reponse time g8 gaming. Tested almost all current LCD brands in the market & I think this is the best in terms of picture quality & value for money (excluding Bravia V series). Imagine the promo deal I got, traded my old non-working Pana TV got a P30k disc. great  :o  my only cons is that it only have 1TV tuner. But having lastest model LCD Samsung releases worldwide I am very satisfied w/t my purchase. Overhall I give it 9 star rating ;D

Hey this is a good deal... where did you had your tv traded in ?

Btw, I saw at Anson's that the Samsung LCD's are on sale for 89k and 99k respectively... if I am not mistaken the 99k is 5000:1 screen display capable...