Author Topic: decent amplifier for 5thou (newbie)  (Read 1647 times)

Offline KVAR101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
decent amplifier for 5thou (newbie)
« on: Jan 16, 2006 at 03:21 PM »
gud day po,..im planning to start a home stereo. un pure audio lang po. newbie po ako sa home audio although exposed ako sa home audio kaya kahit papano mejo alam ko na un preference ko. ang problema po, hindi pa ako familiar sa brands and characteristics ng home audio eqpt. ano po ba magandang start? im also planning to get my friend's celestion 3 bookshelf. gusto ko po na sound un mataba na warm ang sweet high's.
should i get a power amp?integrated? or receiver?thanks in advance.

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
Re: decent amplifier for 5thou (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 11:19 AM »
Try to browse Surplus amplifier. You can check for decent amp applicable for your budget. Goodluck!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 11:51 AM »
pare this is just my suggestion pero try to up your budget a bit higher to maybe 6k or 7k and try to get a unit being sold here sa pinoy. I just recently sold my AVR na denon 1602 for around that price to one of our newbie friends here. and it was in excellent condition pa. over 2 years old lang. so kung stereo, you should be able to find a lot of good pre owned items.

that way, you get a unit with better specs and wont be tempted to upgrade very quickly. then maybe just try to find other ways to cut back like temporarily using your existing dvd player or being very choosy with the cds buy.

i have learned in this hobby that very often, when i pay just a little more, i get so much in exchange. it is almost always worth it.

on the other hand, when i scrimp too much, i find myself re selling items i had just newly bought since the unit does not quite satisfy.

i guess patience is a virtue. especially with audio.

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2006 at 11:56 AM by whipsaw »

Offline KVAR101

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 03:11 PM »
thanks for that great advice sir..tama patience na lang muna like pag nag huhunting ng oldskul car amps. ipon pa. thanks ulit

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
Surplus amps at the pier can provide the best value for your budget, provided you know what you're looking for.  They're well built considering they were meant for the domestic market (said to be superior to international models meant for outside Japan).  Suggest you visit the surplus amp thread and ask the gurus there to guide you. 

Offline KVAR101

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
ok thanks po..try ko magpasam sa isa sa guru's.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 01:29 PM »
Why not try using the Sonic Impact T-amp if you are only using it for stereo sound.  Very clean sound and very good for bookshelf speakers.

I have several units for sale at P3k each, brand new.  Plus you need to buy a regulated power adapter as the Sonic unit requires a DC input.  It will cost you another 600-1200 pesos depending on the brand. 

You can send me an SMS for contact details.  mobile number 0918-9077-165

Regards,

Joey S
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006 at 01:30 PM by JoeyGS »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 02:33 PM »
gud day po,..im planning to start a home stereo. un pure audio lang po. newbie po ako sa home audio although exposed ako sa home audio kaya kahit papano mejo alam ko na un preference ko. ang problema po, hindi pa ako familiar sa brands and characteristics ng home audio eqpt. ano po ba magandang start? im also planning to get my friend's celestion 3 bookshelf. gusto ko po na sound un mataba na warm ang sweet high's.
should i get a power amp?integrated? or receiver?thanks in advance.

I suggest you budget 15k. Get a Marantz 4300 or 4400 or better yet 4500 (but still expensive). This amp is good for both Stereo and multi-channel so you dont need to invest again in the near future.  2nd hand should be around 8-10k.

Then you can get any decent 2nd hand stereo speakers around 5k,  any brand is ok dahil madaling i-match sa Marantz yun.

Offline whipsaw

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2006 at 03:53 PM »
jt is right. marantz 4500 is great. if you can honestly tell yourself you want to stay stereo, then you have other choices. but if you plan to go ht in the future, invest in this one now. you will not regret it. has pre out too. great place for you to start.

whip

Offline KVAR101

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2006 at 10:41 AM »
thanks sa replies po,..
sir joey,..text kita