Author Topic: Comments please on the Hitachi 42PD300  (Read 2489 times)

Offline phildg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Comments please on the Hitachi 42PD300
« on: Jan 19, 2006 at 09:51 PM »
I tried to Google on this but all I get are Russian pages. Does anyone have any info on this particular unit? What is the panel life? Is it a real Hitachi panel? I heard that the replacement to this EDTV unit has an LG panel with the 10000:1 contrast. Anyone?

Thanks,
Philip

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
Re: Comments please on the Hitachi 42PD300
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2006 at 07:37 PM »
Is this the one that is being offered by the listening room for 149k with 0% interest.....try searching for Hitachi 42PD300TA....
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2006 at 07:51 PM by dracula »

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 02:39 PM »
This unit is supposedly a grey import asked the Hitachi service they say they will be able to service it but won't honor the warranty.......big risk.....excellent price thinking about taking the risk... ???

Offline technogeek

• Collector
  • You're so hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 06:51 AM »
This is the model I got, and you can see my earlier posts when I got it last year.
It is an excellent unit. This is one of the first units that came out with a supposedly 10,000 hr life. It was more popular in Europe (multi-awarded) than its US counterpart the 42EDT-something.
AFAIK, it has a real Hitachi panel. Hitachi is one of the pioneers and co-developers of the plasma panels, and it supplies panels to other OEMs.
Contrast of this unit is 3000:1 and curent units are in 10,000:1. But hey, you can have more than enough contrast with 3000:1!. I use only the low setting. :)
If the unit is really brand new, risk of failing is minimal. This model is robust, at least I did not have any problems, even minor ones.
The price? Well, compare it with the current EDTV-res models or back models of HDTV-res and suit your budget.
Get a guarantee from Listening room!
I have brochures at the office.

(Correction: 60,000 hours on the life rating.......02/04/06tg)

« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2006 at 10:32 AM by technogeek »

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 09:23 AM »
This is the model I got, and you can see my earlier posts when I got it last year.
It is an excellent unit. This is one of the first units that came out with a supposedly 10,000 hr life. It was more popular in Europe (multi-awarded) than its US counterpart the 42EDT-something.
AFAIK, it has a real Hitachi panel. Hitachi is one of the pioneers and co-developers of the plasma panels, and it supplies panels to other OEMs.
Contrast of this unit is 3000:1 and curent units are in 10,000:1. But hey, you can have more than enough contrast with 3000:1!. I use only the low setting. :)
If the unit is really brand new, risk of failing is minimal. This model is robust, at least I did not have any problems, even minor ones.
The price? Well, compare it with the current EDTV-res models or back models of HDTV-res and suit your budget.
Get a guarantee from Listening room!
I have brochures at the office.

How much did you pay for it? 

Offline technogeek

• Collector
  • You're so hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2006 at 11:33 AM »
It was 194K at that time.

Offline phildg

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 10:32 AM »
Thanks for the comments. I got one of these on the 24 mos no interest deal of Listening in Style.
Technogeek, are you sure about the 10,000 hour life? I think it's rated at 60,000 hours.

Philip

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2006 at 02:27 PM »
Thanks for the comments. I got one of these on the 24 mos no interest deal of Listening in Style.
Technogeek, are you sure about the 10,000 hour life? I think it's rated at 60,000 hours.

Philip

When did you purchase this set?  How about the warranty terms?  I inquired with the hitachi distributor in the Philippines hindi daw ito local model so wala daw warranty(what's listening in style's take on this would you know?)....pero servicable daw kasi may local hitachi service center which accepts international models...

Offline technogeek

• Collector
  • You're so hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2006 at 10:30 AM »

Philip

My error. It's 60,000 hrs. They were one of the first if not the first I saw to claim that life expectancy rating.
Mailed you the brochure.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2006 at 10:55 AM by technogeek »

Offline phildg

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2006 at 09:44 AM »
Thanks for the brochure technogeek.
Yes, I was told that this model still has a real Hitachi panel. The newer 10000:1 panels are made by LG.
Listening in Style warrants the set for 1 year so I'm not worried.
I bought the unit 2 weeks ago but I have not taken delivery yet as my renovation project is not done. Maybe this week I'll finally have it delivered and installed.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 09:19 AM »
Thanks for the brochure technogeek.
Yes, I was told that this model still has a real Hitachi panel. The newer 10000:1 panels are made by LG.
Listening in Style warrants the set for 1 year so I'm not worried.
I bought the unit 2 weeks ago but I have not taken delivery yet as my renovation project is not done. Maybe this week I'll finally have it delivered and installed.

Do you still have the brochures from technogeek? Are they in electronic format? Could you send them to my email address I'll send you a PM with my email address on it thanks....Have you taken delivery for the unit?

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 04:35 PM »
If everything goes as planned or my wife doesn't change her mind we might end up buying this PD on sunday ;D sadly I may end up waiting 1 to 2 months before I am able to install and use it properly as the house were moving into is not yet ready :'( baka maubusan ng stock, eh this is the only PD (or any display for that matter and I've considered them all from fron Pjs to the samsung slimfit) that will fit our budget.....hopefully the guys at hitachi weren't boasting when they claimed a 60,000 hour life so that this unit will provide years of enjoyment.....I never thought I'd see the day when I'd buy a 150k television :-* scary stuff man! :o